IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

That link you posted is from 13 months ago !!

Stop scaremongering, everyone over 18 will have had at least one jab by time borders are fully open , just stay in

no they won't,  but everyone over 18 that wants to have the  vaccine probably will have done so.

10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

It still tickles me Pink that people genuinely believed Covid left our shores on three different occasions.

The mind genuinely boggles at the naivety of the masses.

I don’t want to alarm the Mary’s any further but guess why U.K. case numbers are falling in the main? ...

less testing ?? 

2 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

no they won't,  but everyone over 18 that wants to have the  vaccine probably will have done so.

Those who chose not to have the vaccine have to accept the consequences.  I doubt that more than 100 in our population have any medical reason not to have a jab. Bollocks about pregnancy,  not properly tested, conspiracy for mind control etc all nonsense. 

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

The discussion was about the cases in the UK, not the IOM.  It is fact that "cases" went up drastically when they increased their testing regime.  If they were to go back to only testing hospital admissions and people with symptoms, cases would drop again.

Yes, but at the moment I suspect there are an awful lot more cases in the uk than are being declared. It has always been the case as non symptomatic cases are not tested. As it has been said many time by Ashy and many others. The vaccine does not stop you getting the virus and potentially spreading it. So it is likely being spread by vaccinated people. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

It still tickles me Pink that people genuinely believed Covid left our shores on three different occasions.

The mind genuinely boggles at the naivety of the masses.

I don’t want to alarm the Mary’s any further but guess why U.K. case numbers are falling in the main? ...

5g?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, but at the moment I suspect there are an awful lot more cases in the uk than are being declared. It has always been the case as non symptomatic cases are not tested. As it has been said many time by Ashy and many others. The vaccine does not stop you getting the virus and potentially spreading it. So it is likely being spread by vaccinated people. 

The strong evidence points to vaccinated people not catching it or spreading it , see Israel & various studies uk & abroad so incorrect statements 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/19/cdc-says-there-have-been-less-than-6000-breakthrough-covid-cases-among-fully-vaccinated-americans.html

Edited by Banker

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

The strong evidence points to vaccinated people not catching it or spreading it , see Israel & various studies uk & abroad so incorrect statements 

Not incorrect. Just unsubstantiated at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Not incorrect. Just unsubstantiated at the moment.

Did you read the linked report ? USA 6000 cases out of 84m , fairly substantive & certainly more so than Cambon statements that vaccinated people are spreading it

Edited by Banker

22 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Based on comparing UK fatalities with best estimates of the actual infection fatality rate I calculated that 30% of all cases are being detected in the UK. The other 70% will either be asymptomatic, or not wanting to get a test for various reasons. 

CDC estimate 90% efficacy at stopping asymptomatic cases, after 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine. So it seems that the vaccines do stop you getting and spreading the disease pretty well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

How about this:

Cabinet Office run 111, Cabinet Office run public health, Cabinet Office run the electoral role so they control this database. This means that Cabinet Office could select a random selection based on ages and approach them. Or they could just ask for volunteers.

mmmm! I'm not convinced. To get a proper idea of the infection rate you would need to sample accordingly. Because, even at our worst, the number was 20 or so per 1000 you would have to sample and test at least 1000 per day. As you correctly say, Government have information, but they don't have telephone numbers. I reckon to get 1000 you would have to contact at least 2000. I for one would tell them to get lost. I aint having anyone stick a swab into me unless its in my interest.

Because you don't have phone numbers you would have to write to them all. Then they would have to ring in to register. More staff appointments to do the admin.

Of course it would be great to know the infection rate but sadly my view is that the effort required would be too high.

As others on here say, IMO, let the measure be number of people reporting ill

3 minutes ago, manxst said:

Hmmmm....wonder if HQ/DA et al have responded yet....

8D91253C-8AC2-434A-A724-57FD14A5BA05.jpeg

You have beaten @Gladys to it. I thought she would have been on by now. If only we had the genomic testing this wouldn't have happened right?:D

Being serious - Whilst I am not as stubborn  and would take up any free offer, I am not seeing how them being linked (or not) helps that much. Isn't the issue more that we have them and they could have spread already. Where they came from is obviously good for the stewards enquiry (or VAR) but its already in the past.