IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Staff as opposed to student?

Listening to Tynwald, they seem to all be hinting at a faster implementation of border easing than is in the document.

I haven't heard anything yet that would suggest they aren't still going ahead with it or even speeding it up

Bunscoill Rhumsaa, I believe.

Turning tynwald off.

Waffle, waffle waffle when rightly or wrongly people are panicking and speculating.

Get to the points of importance.  Every MHK waffling the same info.....slowly.

Reassure people, tell them that we are cracking on and explain the science behind why the risk is now tipped away from the virus and more towards the other socio economic impacts.

Someone mentioned up thread clear and direct leadership.  Lots of people are looking for that now.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

This.

I have friends (more so my missus side) who are literally terrified.

I bet they all love you. Do they send you to the computer to venton Manx Forums to give them a rest.

Incidentally, you're not Doctor Allinsin are you? He seems to know people who are "absolutely terrified" and probably "literally terrified" too. (I know none)

20210420 Dr Allinson absolutely terrified 011.mp3

2 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

If the hospital is showing signs of becoming overwhelmed, intervene with some restrictions. 

Yes and no.

Yes - start to put in place NOW facilities to cater for the inevitable CV patients who, for whatever unfortunate reason, have had an adverse reaction to the virus and require hospitalisation.  This will be approximately 1, I repeat ONE, per cent of the population and that was before the vaccine programme.

No - we cannot keep stopping and starting society and the economy because someone has caught COVID.  It's a bloody PANDEMIC, it will be global for years to come and nothing Mr Toad and the MBE does will alter that fact.

We shall continue to be run over, fall off ladders, drown and die of cancer and..................catch COVID.  The sooner this sinks in, and most importantly, is accepted, the better for us all.

This is not the plague, ebola, or dengue fever - all of which are pretty much guaranteed to kill you.  That is DANGER, not a virus that nearly all of us would survive but will increasingly see its fatality rate diminish, hopefully, to little above zero.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Turning tynwald off.

Waffle, waffle waffle when rightly or wrongly people are panicking and speculating.

Get to the points of importance.  Every MHK waffling the same info.....slowly.

Reassure people, tell them that we are cracking on and explain the science behind why the risk is now tipped away from the virus and more towards the other socio economic impacts.

Someone mentioned up thread clear and direct leadership.  Lots of people are looking for that now.

TBH I'm finding it very interesting