IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I wonder if it is a hospital admission test followed by contact tracing which has set this off.....

I would guess so.

Was.always circulating, noone knew they had it.  Someone got sick (maybe from covid but maybe not) and now when testing it will be everywhere.

Was pretty obvious if you had done mass random testing at any point t it was circulating.

They really need to clarify why someone is in ICU and I really don't see saying "became ill with covid symptoms"  or fell off a ladder and then tested positive on admission" would be a confidentiality issue

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Apple said:

I am hearing 7 cases now. Anyone else?

Manx Radio says that there were three extra today via contact tracing.  But this is based on something Quayle said in Tynwald, so there may be a retraction coming later based on current form.

To be serious about this it notable that the 'official' Facebook and Twitter and media release accounts haven't mentioned these extra three.  As ever informing the public appears to second to boosting Quayle's ego by having him being the one who announces the news, no matter how badly or incompletely.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

is that perhaps taking the 2 and the 5 and adding them together?

That sounds about right but I must admit it is confusing. 

9 minutes ago, trmpton said:

They really need to clarify why someone is in ICU and I really don't see saying "became ill with covid symptoms"  or fell off a ladder and then tested positive on admission" would be a confidentiality issue

Perhaps not that specific, but it would be useful if they had a range of phrases that covered the various options: "Tested positive, though without symptoms, when admitted for an unrelated matter"; "Admitted with Covid-19 symptoms"; "Admitted when Covid-19 exacerbated an existing serious condition they were being treated for".  Those sort of things. 

The real problem is whether we can trust them to put the information out correctly when it comes via government comms and maybe politicians.  We know they minimised the Steam Packet case in February for instance.  We do know that the two Ramsey cases on the dashboard were symptomatic though, despite them having to manage to screw up the data set:image.png.e33b0fb4fefacb5673c1407a973620f2.png

as it was 2 and 3 yesterday.

1 hour ago, snowman said:

if people are terrified, they need to get a grip and look up the word terrified in the dictionary

cautious, yes - but terrified...come on

Minister Dr Allinson MHK is using people being "absolutely terrified" (his wording) as a reference viewpoint.

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Perhaps not that specific, but it would be useful if they had a range of phrases that covered the various options: "Tested positive, though without symptoms, when admitted for an unrelated matter"; "Admitted with Covid-19 symptoms"; "Admitted when Covid-19 exacerbated an existing serious condition they were being treated for".  Those sort of things. 

The real problem is whether we can trust them to put the information out correctly when it comes via government comms and maybe politicians.  We know they minimised the Steam Packet case in February for instance.  We do know that the two Ramsey cases on the dashboard were symptomatic though, despite them having to manage to screw up the data set:image.png.e33b0fb4fefacb5673c1407a973620f2.png

as it was 2 and 3 yesterday.

There were 5 live cases listed yesterday. That’s 14 days worth. One, or two, can’t be bothered searching back to see how many of them, were diagnosed on the 7th, and will have dropped off today, after 14 days.  So, with 5 in the last 24 hours I’d expect totals of  8 or 9 today.

The Government is really pathetic. 
Open and transparent my ass.  
So much speculation and rumour.  
Why can’t they be proactive and release a statement this evening containing the true facts re case numbers including hospital admissions and any known source or cluster?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, forestboy said:

The Government is really pathetic. 
Open and transparent my ass.  
So much speculation and rumour.  
Why can’t they be proactive and release a statement this evening containing the true facts re case numbers including hospital admissions and any known source or cluster?

They should shut the pubs in Ramsey tonight...and set up road blocks stopping anything coming out of Ramsey.

It's the village of the damned I tells yer.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wrighty said:

80% after 1 dose. Same source - CDC

That figure really depends on the brand and type of vaccination given? Even with the figure you're quoting that would mean that 20% of the people who have had their first dose have no immunity and they don't know it.

• Like 1