IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 minutes ago, finlo said:

Fairly confident there will be no TT 2021 (and possibly no future one's also).

I would agree they seem to be hellbent on closing the IOM down for as long as possible now to pander to the covid crackpots. Makes you wonder though what the motorsport team will be doing with fuck all to organize for two years? Lots of cycling and going to the gym presumably. Great work if you can get it! 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I would agree they seem to be hellbent on closing the IOM down for as long as possible now to pander to the covid crackpots. Makes you wonder though what the motorsport team will be doing with fuck all to organize for two years? Lots of cycling and going to the gym presumably. Great work if you can get it! 

Probably with air traffic team, Reynolds and lots of other public servants 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, finlo said:

Who's going to marshal it? And once the momentum is lost it will be very difficult to pick it up again.

100% agree that is the biggest problem but could be sorted by paying civil servants to marshal? Don't think they would not try it, they already have office staff putting the one way cones in and out on the mountain.

The bigger problem I see is that until there is a vaccine that has been taken by the majority of the population here they can not take the risk of filling the hospital with bikers and have no capacity for residents with Covid. That and unless the visitors have been vaccinated too they would not be able to get enough over to make it financially worthwhile, which I very much doubt it is in a normal year. Social distancing on the boat would massively effect numbers able to get here.

Face it, it wont happen 2021 and what happens after is anyone's guess in the new normal

37 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I have to say I would like the borders to stay closed for a while to come, but agree that I don’t know what the so called motorsports team are doing for their mega money. They claim to be planning for a bigger and better TT for 2021, Fock knows what that means though.
I don’t even know what they do, full stop. Waste of a million per year.

Do they count their achievements as killing the rallies , killing Jurby Day, and ruining just about everything apart from the effing TT ?

Edited by dilligaf

I didnt know that the returning residents could travel back to the UK and beyond  even during the " 14 day isolation period in the isle of Man "

Wonder if they can come back again and just restart the 14 day period?

Edited by mad_manx

15 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Do they count their achievements as killing the rallies , killing Jurby Day, and ruining just about everything apart from the effing TT ?

Speaking of Jurby - guess which gang are getting their licence back to run the motordrome.....?

35 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

100% agree that is the biggest problem but could be sorted by paying civil servants to marshal? Don't think they would not try it, they already have office staff putting the one way cones in and out on the mountain.

The bigger problem I see is that until there is a vaccine that has been taken by the majority of the population here they can not take the risk of filling the hospital with bikers and have no capacity for residents with Covid. That and unless the visitors have been vaccinated too they would not be able to get enough over to make it financially worthwhile, which I very much doubt it is in a normal year. Social distancing on the boat would massively effect numbers able to get here.

Face it, it wont happen 2021 and what happens after is anyone's guess in the new normal

Not sure about your claim about office staff putting cones out !!!!

27 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

I didnt know that the returning residents could travel back to the UK and beyond  even during the " 14 day isolation period in the isle of Man "

Wonder if they can come back again and just restart the 14 day period?

Yes they can come & go constantly as long as they stay in house & just go to ports & back .

thats why Jersey & Guernsey policy of testing is better 

19 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I hope it is Paswt’s group. I think The Vintage Bike group.

Oh no, Dilli. Oh no.

Which group were previously relieved of their control over ongoing legal investigation of financial shenanigans? And no, I'm not joking..

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

No wonder we’re trying to get all these snooker and pool contests over here at the moment. Some of the fuckers must be semi professional by now! 

Is this the new tourism strategy of the Peoples’ Prince? If the borders were open by now, would the 8 ball pool tournament that was held last year at the Palace Hotel be returning? Bearing in mind the last proper professional tournament held on the island was held i the 1980s