IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

We are now in the mitigation phase...there will be no rush to press conferences Ashford said this morning on MR.

However, there is a briefing at 4pm - probably to outline mitigation strategy I guess.

This means it's down to us all to act individually, but there will be occasional guidance. Lockdowns will only come back in the event of an 'emergency'.

So some people are going to have to make hard decisions - live like a hermit or get on with it.

Perhaps more of a dodgy 'hope for the best' kind of strategy...which might well bite them in the ass when they expect a lot of grannies to vote them back in Sept.

Agree!

When you have Allinson releasing a press release of him on the IOMG fronted background and podium, acting like a low rent Ashie and Ewart, rolled into one. 

Shimmins yesterday said the IOM should walk the walk. That’s a laugh, we can’t do baby steps. 

Its not the population which is causing the problems it’s the politicians and it’s endless rules and restrictions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

A lot of mixed messages coming out, Monday 19th was our return to ‘normal’ we were told that positive cases are likely to crop up in the near future and we will just have to live with it. A few days later we have positive cases and now people are being told to be mindful/careful? Well which one is it? are we living with it or not? 

I had my name/number taken by 1 of the 3 places in the name of ‘contact tracing’ that I visited yesterday, that seems like a sensible step, perhaps all pubs/restaurants/eateries/venues should do the same? 

Isn't being told to be mindful and careful rather locking everything down again part of living with it? 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

A lot of mixed messages coming out, Monday 19th was our return to ‘normal’ we were told that positive cases are likely to crop up in the near future and we will just have to live with it. A few days later we have positive cases and now people are being told to be mindful/careful? Well which one is it? are we living with it or not? 

I had my name/number taken by 1 of the 3 places in the name of ‘contact tracing’ that I visited yesterday, that seems like a sensible step, perhaps all pubs/restaurants/eateries/venues should do the same? 

They are doing this across, restaurants etc. Pubs you have to book a time slot for outdoors or beer garden. 

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

We are now in the mitigation phase...there will be no rush to press conferences Ashford said this morning on MR.

However, there is a briefing at 4pm - probably to outline mitigation strategy I guess.

This means it's down to us all to act individually, but there will be occasional guidance. Lockdowns will only come back in the event of an 'emergency'.

So some people are going to have to make hard decisions - live like a hermit or get on with it.

Perhaps more of a dodgy 'hope for the best' kind of strategy...which might well bite them in the ass when they expect a lot of grannies to vote them back in Sept.

A lot of the problems we have are caused by not a lot of people other than grannies voting. 

• Like 10

Onchans Village Pump MHK asked a question in Tynpotwald this week as to how many Government employees caught COVID-19 from January 2021. The answer 79, with 40 being in Education and Infrastructure, as reported by 3fm.

Education I can understand but Infrastructure? The one man digging the road whilst another leans on a shovel, one has a cigarette and one has a brew. I bet a COVID-19 stat is trotted out by Baker as an excuse.

Breaking down statistics is fine and dandy but COVID-19 doesn’t discriminate against IOMG or Steam Packet employees. Everyone should be treated equally and fairly.

11 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Onchans Village Pump MHK asked a question in Tynpotwald this week as to how many Government employees caught COVID-19 from January 2021. The answer 79, with 40 being in Education and Infrastructure, as reported by 3fm.

Education I can understand but Infrastructure? The one man digging the road whilst another leans on a shovel, one has a cigarette and one has a brew. I bet a COVID-19 stat is trotted out by Baker as an excuse.

Breaking down statistics is fine and dandy but COVID-19 doesn’t discriminate against IOMG or Steam Packet employees. Everyone should be treated equally and fairly.

If the question was how many caught it but not where they caught it, those infastructure workers could have kids, partners at schools affected.

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Infrastructure includes ports and harbours and government buildings.  Not just roads.  Treat everyone fairly.

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

Whether employees are absent through illness or a requirement to self isolate, businesses will need to come up with contingency plans for dealing with it.

being even slower than usual should cover that.

Edited by Pipsqueak
  • Haha 1