IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, Newbie said:

I think that the CDC is an organisation that can be taken seriously, and they do mention the limitations of the study within the discussion. The original link was to a press release highlighting the findings of the study, rather than to the study itself which was published online on the same day by the CDC in their weekly Morbidity and Mortality report.

I wasn't being entirely serious about the CDC's dodginess, but it did surprise me that there was no link or reference to the paper's authors.  I can't imagine a press release in the UK or Europe doing the same thing, if only tucked away at the end.  Especially if the paper was being published simultaneously as you note.

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We’d have been no further forward as delivery into arms depends on supply arriving.

Don't buy it sorry.

There were well over 10,000 in stock all the time they were still building the hubs.  They are now happily running at 6-7 k in stock.

The delivery thing was just an excuse.  There were periods of time there were 15k in stock and they were only injecting for half the week.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We’d have been no further forward as delivery into arms depends on supply arriving.

Whist you are correct that there would not be a sea change in progress. We would still be technically ahead of where we are now as some people would have had 2 more weeks of protection. A small number admittedly, but we would be further ahead in the programme of protecting people.

Bit silent on the Moderna vaccine aren't they?

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The people that really need vaccination have it.  Twice.

A shitload of people have at least one.

Only about half of the extremely clinically vulnerable have had two doses. The change from 3-4 weeks to 10/12 came right in the middle of their cohort. The clinically vulnerable are all one dose. My second dose is 22 May. Clinically vulnerable will have theirs by mid July.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hereby declare my intention to stand for Chief Minister of the Isle of Man to serve this wonderful, great, good-looking manx public, who never moan, or complain, or have bigoted opinions.

The answer to this problem is so unbelievably simple, step up to the podium and announce...

• ALL WORKERS WHO ARE ABLE TO REASONABLY WORK FROM HOME MUST DO SO IN ORDER TO LIMIT ANY WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT TRANSMISSION
  • HOSPITALITY BUSINESSES ARE HEREBY ENFORCED TO ENABLE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MASK USE, BUT MAY STILL CONTINUE TO OFFER RELATIVELY NORMAL SERVICE.
  • SOCIAL HOUSEHOLD MIXING IS SUITABLE AND PERMITTED, ALTHOUGH NUMBERS MIXING AT ANY ONE TIME INDOORS IS LIMITED TO 10 PERSONS.
  • CLOSE DOUGLAS TOWN CENTRE ON THE WEEKENDS, SAVE PEOPLES NOSTRILS FROM DECAY AND LIVERS FROM DECOMPOSITION & POISON DUE TO OUR GLORIOUS ISLANDS AWFUL DEMOGRAPHIC AGED 18-50. WANNABE GANG$T3RZ.
  • CONSTRUCTION MAY CONTINUE WORKING, ENFORCE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MASK WEAR WHERE THIS IS PRACTICIBLE AND REASONABLE. 

THIS IS HOW YOU MITIGATE AND ENFORCE TO ENABLE A RELATIVELY "NORMAL" LIFESTYLE BUT STILL TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS WHERE POSSIBLE TO M I T I G A T E SPREAD.

TO VOTE FOR ME AS YOUR NEXT RIGHT HONORABLE GENTLEMAN CHIEF MINISTER OF THE ISLE OF MAN MR HUGH G. RECTION JUST SEND £20 IN AN ENVELOPE TO P.O BOX 69 DOUGLAS ISLE OF MAN.

IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. SO MANY WHINGING F*****S ON HERE TRYING TO BE ALL POMPOUS AND CLEVER. LETS GET BACK TO BASICS, BUTTER THE BREAD LOVINGLY, SLAP THE HAM ON THE BUTTERY YEAST AND GOBBLE THAT BUTTY. 

NO NEED FOR IT TO BE ANY MORE COMPLEX THAN THAT. 

AS ALWAYS THANK YOU FOR LISTENING, NOW FOR QUESTIONS FROM THE MEDIA AND FIRST UP TODAY IS PORK-... SORRY PAUL MOULTON FROM ISLE OF MAN TV, FASTER MIND PAUL GOOD AFTERNOON.

PAUL MOULTON : G-G-G-G-GOOD AFTERNOON C-C-C-CHIEF MINISTER CAN YOU PLEASE E-E-E-E-ELABORATE ON THE CURRENT R-R-R-R-RESTRICTIONS YOU'VE BROUGHT IN TODAY.... WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE ALLOWED TO CARRY ON WORKING OUTDOORS AND WITH OTHERS AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO STAY INDOORS ON THIS WONDERFUL WEATHER AND WORK, S-S-S-S-S-SURELY THAT IS UNFAIR?? DURRRRRR DURR DUR DUR DURRRRRR

WELL THANKS FOR THAT QUESTION PAUL AND WELL THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE, WE ARE TAKING MITIGATING STEPS AND WE PLAN TO REDUCE TRANSMISSION WHERE POSSIBLE BUT ALSO LET THE ISLAND CONTINUE TURNING THE COGS FOR THE BIG BOYS UP IN DANDARA HQ THAT SPANK OUR LATEX COVERED, BUTTERED UP ARSES IN RETURN FOR A BROWN ENVELOPE OR FIVE. I THINK IVE COVERED ALL ANGLES THERE PAUL AND NOTHING IS UP FOR INTERPRETATION? DOES MINISTER FOR PUBLIC HEALTH DOCTOR HENRYSKETTA EWWWW-ART HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD?

HENRYSKETTA EWWW-ART : NO THANK YOU CHIEF MINISTER RECTION I THINK YOU'VE ERECTED THAT POINT VERY CLEARLY, CONCISELY AND I HAVE NO FURTHER BOLLOCKS TO ADD.

So Manx Forums, have I made my viewpoint and mock-up press briefing for when I am undoubtedly elected Chief Minister HRH Hugh. G. Rection. Clear?

Thanks and Fastyr Mie. 

Edited by Hugh G Rection
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Banker said:

Hospital visitors stopped shortly after restarting plus other measures 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hospital-visiting-suspended-due-to-covid-cluster/

Went for my neuro out patient clinic appointment this morning. Had to drop something off at Palatine surgery first. They had locked doors, ring doorbell, full PPE.

Clinic at Newlands, shared facility and waiting area for anticoagulant clinic, epilepsy/neuro, diabetic/endocrine and autoimmune/rheumatology,  nothing. And one visiting consultant ( over from Walton for 2 days, key worker ) stuck in with patients and student doctor in an unventilated windowless cell.

1 hour ago, Hugh G Rection said:

TO VOTE FOR ME AS YOUR NEXT RIGHT HONORABLE GENTLEMAN CHIEF MINISTER OF THE ISLE OF MAN MR HUGH G. RECTION JUST SEND £20 IN AN ENVELOPE TO P.O BOX 69 DOUGLAS ISLE OF MAN.

IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. SO MANY WHINGING F*****S ON HERE TRYING TO BE ALL POMPOUS AND CLEVER. LETS GET BACK TO BASICS, BUTTER THE BREAD LOVINGLY, SLAP THE HAM ON THE BUTTERY YEAST AND GOBBLE THAT BUTTY. 

enjoyed this post

Unsure if the Information Commissioner is the right person to bang £20 to

"SLAP THE HAM ON THE BUTTERY YEAST AND GOBBLE THAT BUTTY" is possibly the best phrase I've read on MF for years

34 minutes ago, Banker said:

Hospital visitors stopped shortly after restarting plus other measures 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hospital-visiting-suspended-due-to-covid-cluster/

We're not locking down but the health services are operating in the same manner as they did in lockdown due to there being a small number of cases.

Well...... if we're moving to living with it then surely this is going to be the way the healthcare services operate going forward? because if we're not eliminating then we will have covid cases in the community on an ongoing basis?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh G Rection said:

I hereby declare my intention to stand for Chief Minister of the Isle of Man to serve this wonderful, great, good-looking manx public, who never moan, or complain, or have bigoted opinions.

The answer to this problem is so unbelievably simple, step up to the podium and announce...

• ALL WORKERS WHO ARE ABLE TO REASONABLY WORK FROM HOME MUST DO SO IN ORDER TO LIMIT ANY WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT TRANSMISSION
  • HOSPITALITY BUSINESSES ARE HEREBY ENFORCED TO ENABLE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MASK USE, BUT MAY STILL CONTINUE TO OFFER RELATIVELY NORMAL SERVICE.
  • SOCIAL HOUSEHOLD MIXING IS SUITABLE AND PERMITTED, ALTHOUGH NUMBERS MIXING AT ANY ONE TIME INDOORS IS LIMITED TO 10 PERSONS.
  • CLOSE DOUGLAS TOWN CENTRE ON THE WEEKENDS, SAVE PEOPLES NOSTRILS FROM DECAY AND LIVERS FROM DECOMPOSITION & POISON DUE TO OUR GLORIOUS ISLANDS AWFUL DEMOGRAPHIC AGED 18-50. WANNABE GANG$T3RZ.
  • CONSTRUCTION MAY CONTINUE WORKING, ENFORCE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MASK WEAR WHERE THIS IS PRACTICIBLE AND REASONABLE. 

THIS IS HOW YOU MITIGATE AND ENFORCE TO ENABLE A RELATIVELY "NORMAL" LIFESTYLE BUT STILL TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS WHERE POSSIBLE TO M I T I G A T E SPREAD.

NO NEED FOR IT TO BE ANY MORE COMPLEX THAN THAT. 

AS ALWAYS THANK YOU FOR LISTENING, NOW FOR QUESTIONS FROM THE MEDIA AND FIRST UP TODAY IS PORK-... SORRY PAUL MOULTON FROM ISLE OF MAN TV, FASTER MIND PAUL GOOD AFTERNOON.

PAUL MOULTON : G-G-G-G-GOOD AFTERNOON C-C-C-CHIEF MINISTER CAN YOU PLEASE E-E-E-E-ELABORATE ON THE CURRENT R-R-R-R-RESTRICTIONS YOU'VE BROUGHT IN TODAY.... WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE ALLOWED TO CARRY ON WORKING OUTDOORS AND WITH OTHERS AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO STAY INDOORS ON THIS WONDERFUL WEATHER AND WORK, S-S-S-S-S-SURELY THAT IS UNFAIR?? DURRRRRR DURR DUR DUR DURRRRRR

WELL THANKS FOR THAT QUESTION PAUL AND WELL THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE, WE ARE TAKING MITIGATING STEPS AND WE PLAN TO REDUCE TRANSMISSION WHERE POSSIBLE BUT ALSO LET THE ISLAND CONTINUE TURNING THE COGS FOR THE BIG BOYS UP IN DANDARA HQ THAT SPANK OUR LATEX COVERED, BUTTERED UP ARSES IN RETURN FOR A BROWN ENVELOPE OR FIVE. I THINK IVE COVERED ALL ANGLES THERE PAUL AND NOTHING IS UP FOR INTERPRETATION? DOES MINISTER FOR PUBLIC HEALTH DOCTOR HENRYSKETTA EWWWW-ART HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD?

HENRYSKETTA EWWW-ART : NO THANK YOU CHIEF MINISTER RECTION I THINK YOU'VE ERECTED THAT POINT VERY CLEARLY, CONCISELY AND I HAVE NO FURTHER BOLLOCKS TO ADD.

So Manx Forums, have I made my viewpoint and mock-up press briefing for when I am undoubtedly elected Chief Minister HRH Hugh. G. Rection. Clear?

Thanks and Fastyr Mie. 

You've got my vote