IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

40 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

So it's down to businesses and individuals?

But who gets the say - the business or the individual working there? If staff have at risk relatives or are at risk themselves - some people are going to be faced with a quandary?

For some, it will no doubt be 'I can't afford to be risk aware, as I won't get paid or I might get sacked for not going into the office'?

Yes but if those people take PPE precautions then the risk is minimal.

No reason for people not to be at work.  This is the future.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

This confused messaging is the exact opposite of what they promised yesterday. 

Well I thought it was fairly clear;

No legal restrictions, but take whatever steps make you feel safe.

Borders reopening is going ahead as planned, could be advanced by 1/2 weeks so full opening could be mid June or could go back 1/2 weeks depending on UK data which is very good at present.

Personally I’ve had 1 dose, wife 2 and we will be continuing as normal which means our tomorrow night for meal/drinks.

Edited by Banker
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

So it's down to businesses and individuals?

But who gets the say - the business or the individual working there? If staff have at risk relatives or are at risk themselves - some people are going to be faced with a quandary?

For some, it will no doubt be 'I can't afford to be risk aware, as I won't get paid or I might get sacked for not going into the office'?

Doubt that any employer would get away with refusing a reasonable request from an employee.   Ask MIRS.

40 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Can you guarantee the Oxford and Pfizer will work against the Indian variant? 

We never did have the pfizer vaccine. We only ever had the pfifezer, sourced on the black market from thailand. It's a scandal waiting to be unearthed. It'll make no difference though. Ashie has been catergorically clear throughout. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

We never did have the pfizer vaccine. We only ever had the pfifezer, sourced on the black market from thailand. It's a scandal waiting to be unearthed. It'll make no difference though. Ashie has been catergorically clear throughout. 

Could have been worse though ! Thailands  love affair with China has gone pear shaped ....Sinovac is China's main home developed Vaccine ! 10 plus cases of blood clots and stroke like symptoms 

Thailand sticks with Sinovac vaccine after cases of 'stroke-like' side effects

Edited by Numbnuts

12 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Could have been worse though ! Thailands  love affair with China has gone pear shaped ....Sinovac is China's main home developed Vaccine ! 10 plus cases of blood clots and stroke like symptoms 

Thailand sticks with Sinovac vaccine after cases of 'stroke-like' side effects

10 plus ?

Out of how many doses.

There are probably 10 people who have choked on coco pops

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

1300 deaths a day in a population of 1.36 BILLION people.

As much as this is true, where India had around 325,000 new cases yesterday, Cyprus, which has 1.2 million people, had a around 825 new cases yesterday. That is the equivalent of India having around 900,000 new cases in one day. However, Cyprus is one of the destinations people from the uk are clamouring up to for a summer holiday. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cambon said:

As much as this is true, where India had around 325,000 new cases yesterday, Cyprus, which has 1.2 million people, had a around 825 new cases yesterday. That is the equivalent of India having around 900,000 new cases in one day. However, Cyprus is one of the destinations people from the uk are clamouring up to for a summer holiday. 

Cyprus doesn’t even come in top 20 destinations for British, Spain, Portugal, France & Italy will be where most want to travel plus Ireland of course.