IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I have noticed they only seem to jab people at the airport over weekends now. I wonder if that will be dismantled soon....

I suppose it is a possibility because the airport will be moving back towards a more functional and busy place.

I assume Chester Street will be retained until everyone is vaccinated and then they work out how to do it annually.  

3 hours ago, snowman said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/22/covid-pandemic-britain/?fbclid=IwAR0VZ63fK9t0laD2JyejZL2CZDGMOR5RcrgIv5nJ6xMVpJMhpmSIh7ZxQ0w

Covid is now ‘endemic’ rather than ‘pandemic’ in the UK

Symptomatic infections drop by 90%

Preliminary studies show the vaccine to be effective against the Indian variant

I cannot access the Torygragh, but if it is the same scientist who is in all the papers about this, and was onTV this morning, she said the media is blowing it out of all proportion. What she is saying is good news for the UK, but they still need to err on the side of caution, and that the media were being a bit irresponsible in the way it is being reported. 

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Massive overreaction  which will have further negative outcomes for the residents and their families. 

Likewise GPs.  All vaccinated so why can't we see them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

What's more interesting is the latest cluster.

Is this a local authority battle where Raaamsey's civic leadership is attempting to outdo Dirty Douglas by starting up Rabid Ramsey? Or perhaps we're just seeing a Ramsey variant. 

Hopefully its not a Ramsey variant. That'd be bound to be harder than the shandy drinking Douglas variant.

Been advocating for a wall between Ramsey and the South for years to keep all the sun for ourselves, with this masterstroke we'll make the buttys pay for it too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Massive overreaction  which will have further negative outcomes for the residents and their families. 

Likewise GPs.  All vaccinated so why can't we see them?

it can't be as simple as that correlation and I'm sure someone more qualified will explain it but I agree on the face of it you start asking the question - why vaccinate if it will make no difference to restrictions?

ETA - I suppose is it along the analogy lines of you add fire doors and smoke alarms and fireproof materials into a block of flats to prevent fires that doesn't mean you start using flamethrowers indoors?

Edited by Rhumsaa
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I suppose it is a possibility because the airport will be moving back towards a more functional and busy place.

I assume Chester Street will be retained until everyone is vaccinated and then they work out how to do it annually.  

GPs surgeries.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

I cannot access the Torygragh, but if it is the same scientist who is in all the papers about this, and was onTV this morning, she said the media is blowing it out of all proportion. What she is saying is good news for the UK, but they still need to err on the side of caution, and that the media were being a bit irresponsible in the way it is being reported. 

Copied from the Torygraph article - cautious optimism, with a possible sting in the tail.

"Prof Sarah Walker said she was hopeful the vaccination programme could keep Covid under control.

“I am cautiously optimistic,” she said at a briefing discussing the new research. “I think the last three months have shown the combined effect of lockdown and vaccination but long term lockdown is not a viable solution, so vaccines are clearly going to be the only way that we are going to have a chance to control this long term. 

“Without vaccines, I don’t think getting close to zero is really feasible in the situation now in the UK where we’re effectively endemic, we’ve moved from a pandemic to an endemic situation.”

But she warned ‘“the virus is always going to throw us curve balls and we’re only a small step away from things going wrong again”."

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

Been advocating for a wall between Ramsey and the South for years to keep all the sun for ourselves, with this masterstroke we'll make the buttys pay for it too!

Where does South of Ramsey begin?  Will you annex Maughold?  Laxey?