IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just came back from town after a few tea time drinks, absolutely rammed along the quay , seven kingdoms etc . Police walking around in face masks, all friendly but some patrons starting to get very boisterous. Can see a few in cells tonight!!

Well you will venture into the badlands!

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just came back from town after a few tea time drinks, absolutely rammed along the quay , seven kingdoms etc . Police walking around in face masks, all friendly but some patrons starting to get very boisterous. Can see a few in cells tonight!!

JW could be getting a few quid then  ...............

Edited by Pipsqueak

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

I kind of agree.  The general population just lacks resilience, and not within the expected 'snowflake' demographic.   It is the much older generations who seem so freaked about being told to get on with it and make their own choices.

When this first kicked off,  I predicted it would be the younger people who would melt down because they have never experienced anything but a risk-free, relatively untramelled life - no wars,  no major disease, H&S was unseen in many setting,  but it is the older population  that seem to be more badly affected, and these are people whose parents would have endured those massive risks so you would expect resilience to be passed down.

It is very strange. 

Really? In my experience it is the "Super Grans" who are the problem. They have had both their jabs and don't give a pooh about anyone else from a mask, or especially social distancing point of view.

and started from weeks ago! 

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

There was a Tony on a few weeks ago giving his expert opinion on Douglas harbour silt and shifting sand on the beach. 

He reckoned there there was no need to built a higher sea wall, all you had to do was lower the beach. 

I still laugh about that whenever I think about it, which is most times I drive along the prom. 

Then you need to have a cup of tea, and real think! Over the past 50-60 years, the sand has washed south. The once 12 foot sea wall has disappeared. Two men in two 360s for two weeks could move enough of that sand for nature and tide to take care of the rest. It is really that simple. 

It really is! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

What do you expect? Seven weeks lockdown and payday weekend! It will be like "Black Eye Friday". 

Nobody listens! 

Yes Banker. I was correct again! 

Edited by Cambon

Is it so hard to wear a mask and SD. so that we can all enjoy a free for all back at work?

Is it only the responsible ones who observe some kind of mitigation responsibility, rather than lets pile into the Pub because we can crowd?

We've months of mitigation to get thru, why not try to make it as safe as possible for everyone, not just yourself?

This mini outbreak must have been shock to the Govt? Next week, Yes, wtih more social meeting but straight away? Probably not expected ? So it's back to the drawing board for DA?

There’ll be a spike next week.  It’s in the schools again that’s why.  So more isolation.   

most of the population has been vaccinated so I don’t think there’ll be another lockdown as hospital won’t be overwhelmed.  But businesses need advice on ventilation.   The pubs, if you are going to have people inside, should have windows open, social distancing and masks.   

walking along the quay last night, just pizza and pasta was rammed, all inside...maybe they have great ventilation system.  The bridge had its french windows shut.  

it’s plain ridiculous that the pols are too scared to give proper guidance and enforce it.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, ptarmigan said:

There’ll be a spike next week.  It’s in the schools again that’s why.  So more isolation.   

most of the population has been vaccinated so I don’t think there’ll be another lockdown as hospital won’t be overwhelmed.  But businesses need advice on ventilation.   The pubs, if you are going to have people inside, should have windows open, social distancing and masks.   

walking along the quay last night, just pizza and pasta was rammed, all inside...maybe they have great ventilation system.  The bridge had its french windows shut.  

it’s plain ridiculous that the pols are too scared to give proper guidance and enforce it.   

How do you enforce guidance? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ptarmigan said:

People are not going to wear masks and or social distance in pubs and restaurants , end of.

I was out last night.  It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be.  I suspect the government announcement probably knocked a good 40% of the crowd on the head.

• Like 1