IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, code99 said:

In case Bar low you are interested.

"Hospitals in India are suffering oxygen supply shortages as the country’s Covid-19 situation has dramatically worsened. India's underfunded health system is on the brink of collapse as the world's worst coronavirus surge wears out the nation. This week the number of recorded cases passed 300,000 a day, along with more than 2,000 deaths".

Ah, I see, it's just deaths due to oxygen shortage really.  That's ok then.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The risk was and is Covid. Having a vaccination will mitigate the effects for most. The new risk is going for a meal, a swim, etc where you have to give your name for contact tracing and maybe getting a 111 - please isolate until you have your test. That what a lot of people are worried about but this is the new normal we have to live with. Once again the more people that are vaccinated will add to everyone’s protection to reduce the above.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

The risk was and is Covid. Having a vaccination will mitigate the effects for most. The new risk is going for a meal, a swim, etc where you have to give your name for contact tracing and maybe getting a 111 - please isolate until you have your test. That what a lot of people are worried about but this is the new normal we have to live with. Once again the more people that are vaccinated will add to everyone’s protection to reduce the above.

That won't be the new normal at all.

10 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

No body is asking for names for contact tracing as it’s not required under regulations. Certainly wasn’t in the 3 establishments I was in last night or the one I was in at lunchtime.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Banker said:

No body is asking for names for contact tracing as it’s not required under regulations. Certainly wasn’t in the 3 establishments I was in last night or the one I was in at lunchtime.

That's because they haven't read the best practice business guidance. It will happen it'll just take a few weeks for people to cotton on. 

Regs.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

That's because they haven't read the best practice business guidance. It will happen it'll just take a few weeks for people to cotton on. 

Regs.jpg

Nice places will follow the recommendations and turn away clients who won't give details. Crappy places won't.

It's mostly down to the type of client. Businesses have the right to refuse anyone they want.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

That's because there are no regulations, its all about guidance and relying on people wanting to do the right thing.  If I went onto a place that didn't ask for my details, I would ask why not and then log the visit myself, reminding them it is a good idea.

Getting everyone to understand good practice is as much about the customer as the establishment.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The Quay.

Chocka. Not a person remotely arsed about Covid. Catching it, carrying it, spreading it.

Great to be out & in amongst crowds.

Can’t wait to get across & have a blow out.

Anti-lockdown protests massively played down by the MSM ... no surprise there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The Quay.

Chocka. Not a person remotely arsed about Covid. Catching it, carrying it, spreading it.

Great to be out & in amongst crowds.

Can’t wait to get across & have a blow out.

Same in peel every night this week (I can't comment on Monday day as I was in Douglas, and that was the same)

Would hazard a guess we have been in 3p pubs and eating places this week.  Not one has asked for contact details.  Most were busy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Nope. It's just Corbyn's brother and co. Nobody serious at all.

There is the mainstream media and there is the fringe media - bloggers, conspiracy nutters and people with a YouTube show.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pongo said:

Nice places will follow the recommendations and turn away clients who won't give details. Crappy places won't.

It's mostly down to the type of client. Businesses have the right to refuse anyone they want.

What a loser , let me know which ones you go to so I can avoid!

No pub is going to ask every person who comes in for a pint their details, get a life!

• Thanks 1