IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Using the term 'face-nappies' says quite a lot about a person.

I see some of the mighty intelligent at yesterdays march against sanity were wearing yellow stars to prove their point.

that was one of if the most stupid things i have ever seen, it was so stupid the twitter feed at the protest immediately went into 'FAKE NEWS', 'PLANT BY MSM' mode when some of the less dim ones released what was happening.

Edited by The Chief
appalling grammar

15 minutes ago, The Chief said:

that was one of if the most stupid things i have ever seen, it was so stupid the twitter feed at the protest immediately went into 'FAKE NEWS', 'PLANT BY MSM' mode when some of the less dim ones released what was happening.

There is some astonishing stupidity out there. Protesting against lockdowns and vaccines at the same time as lockdowns are ending because of vaccines. That idiot Fox guy said 'the healthy don't need vaccines' which takes some incredible level of thinking to get to.

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There is some astonishing stupidity out there. Protesting against lockdowns and vaccines at the same time as lockdowns are ending because of vaccines. That idiot Fox guy said 'the healthy don't need vaccines' which takes some incredible level of thinking to get to.

That assumes LF is capable of coherent meaningful thought, incredible or otherwise.

Also shows a privileged upbringing, expensive private education, etc are no vaccination against stupid.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, code99 said:

On the other hand, others see the request to leave personal ‘track and trace’ details at places like pubs and restaurants as an unjustified violation of their right to anonymity.

Should that read  privacy and not anonymity. I am not opposed to giving my details where there is a real need for them eg to investigate or prevent crime. Until, as I said previously,  the details of how they process that  information then they will not have my business. 

I suspect some of them do it for ulterior reasons....

6 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Are you related to pongo - and do you have any capacity to actually think for yourself?

Face-nappies are protecting you because you've been told they do. If you really think they do that is up to you - you have swallowed hook, line and sinker exactly what the 'nudge' experts inside SAGE have wanted you to believe.

I used my university education and engineering background to learn about this virus, nanotechnology and filters.

You sir, are officially a tin-hatter.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Should that read  privacy and not anonymity. I am not opposed to giving my details where there is a real need for them eg to investigate or prevent crime. Until, as I said previously,  the details of how they process that  information then they will not have my business. 

I suspect some of them do it for ulterior reasons....

When I wrote that post, I was thinking about somebody who went out for meal with a ‘special friend’ and did not want anyone to know. I used the word ‘anonymity’, as opposed to ‘privacy’, to cover this sort of special situation. A subtle difference but yes, I get your point.

One thing to bear in mind is that any payments made by credit cards are of course traceable. The process could be mega laborious, especially for the IOM’s ‘Covid Track and Trace’ team(s), who don’t seem to have IT access to that sort of digital data.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Now we’re sucking Diesel!

It’s over, irreversible! ... so great to see people out & about eating, drinking & having fun.

Fling open the borders Howie, job done fella.

Yes Uk rates still falling, Liverpool 16 per 100k with average in UK now 18, Howie is considering early opening but the pitchfork brigade are complaining!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/border-dates-could-be-moved-if-uk-stays-in-good-position/?fbclid=IwAR1qYpQTTZPXXKBMUJB8vHv0TK1E0x9HuIWaDJI8o71N_55RF3Y1FcYs1AA

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes Uk rates still falling, Liverpool 16 per 100k with average in UK now 18, Howie is considering early opening but the pitchfork brigade are complaining!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/border-dates-could-be-moved-if-uk-stays-in-good-position/?fbclid=IwAR1qYpQTTZPXXKBMUJB8vHv0TK1E0x9HuIWaDJI8o71N_55RF3Y1FcYs1AA

It’s all going along swimmingly.

Must be hard for some here. I’ll have a pint down the Archie for them.

8 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Are you related to pongo - and do you have any capacity to actually think for yourself?

Face-nappies are protecting you because you've been told they do. If you really think they do that is up to you - you have swallowed hook, line and sinker exactly what the 'nudge' experts inside SAGE have wanted you to believe.

By the way, don't forget to go through the sheep-dip on your way out.

As they say in this neck of the woods, thick as fucking mince.

Edited by lethargy