IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Now we’re sucking Diesel!

It’s over, irreversible! ... so great to see people out & about eating, drinking & having fun.

Fling open the borders Howie, job done fella.

I dont disagree, but why? If you go over there, the hotels are shut. You cannot stay in someone else's house. So, unless you have a camper van (although there are restrictions there too) or a tent, what is the point? 

Sorry, but right now Howie is doing the right thing. And, yes, I can see him opening up early, on 21 June.  No earlier. No point. 

Edited by Cambon
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Are you related to pongo - and do you have any capacity to actually think for yourself?

Face-nappies are protecting you because you've been told they do. If you really think they do that is up to you - you have swallowed hook, line and sinker exactly what the 'nudge' experts inside SAGE have wanted you to believe.

By the way, don't forget to go through the sheep-dip on your way out.

Probably beyond all help. But I suppose with a virus on the loose demonstrating just what it's actually capable of in India you should at least try....

Some fabric face coverings on sale in supermarkets and high-street pharmacies could be giving people a false sense of security by letting the vast majority of large particles pass through them, an investigation by the consumer magazine Which? has revealed.

Three of the masks the magazine’s researchers tested failed to capture 93% of bacterial particles, meaning that these particles could be inhaled or exhaled by the mask wearer.

However, it was found that the best-performing face coverings were as good as surgical masks at blocking bacterial particles, preventing more than 99% of them from penetrating the fabric.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/30/face-mask-test-which-best-at-limiting-spread-covid

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, code99 said:

When I wrote that post, I was thinking about somebody who went out for meal with a ‘special friend’ and did not want anyone to know. I used the word ‘anonymity’, as opposed to ‘privacy’, to cover this sort of special situation. A subtle difference but yes, I get your point.

One thing to bear in mind is that any payments made by credit cards are of course traceable. The process could be mega laborious, especially for the IOM’s ‘Covid Track and Trace’ team(s), who don’t seem to have IT access to that sort of digital data.

I doubt it's just the Isle of Man track amd trace that dont have direct access to peoples card transactions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I doubt it's just the Isle of Man track amd trace that dont have direct access to peoples card transactions. 

South Korea, I beleive. But, as a westerner, I would find the use of these types of technologies too intrusive. 

42 minutes ago, Banker said:

Jersey opening up tomorrow with testing on arrival & release with negative test. 
Hotels open so good place for a break 

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/04/25/thousands-expected-when-travel-restrictions-reduce/

Wasn't it testing on arrival followed by release that bit them on the arse last time?

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Wasn't it testing on arrival followed by release that bit them on the arse last time?

Cases a lot lower know & lots vaccinated, same as here!! Guernsey following suit 15/05 but we have to wait until 29/05 to keep some old duffers happy 

Just now, Banker said:

Cases a lot lower know & lots vaccinated, same as here!! Guernsey following suit 15/05 but we have to wait until 29/05 to keep some old duffers happy 

So you're not denying that it was test on arrival and then release that let the virus in.

You're just hoping that the reduction in UK cases means it's ok to use the entry regime that failed previously.

Good luck with that one...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Jersey opening up tomorrow with testing on arrival & release with negative test. 
Hotels open so good place for a break 

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/04/25/thousands-expected-when-travel-restrictions-reduce/

Jersey still has one metre social distancing, table service in pubs and restaurants, and many other restrictions. Sure, if we were similarly half licked down, people would come here. Mainly relatives. But don't try to say that Jersey opening up tomorrow is some sort of breakthrough. It is not! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

So you're not denying that it was test on arrival and then release that let the virus in.

You're just hoping that the reduction in UK cases means it's ok to use the entry regime that failed previously.

Good luck with that one...

I don’t know but we didn’t have test & release & got 1000 cases so what’s the difference?

Lots more vaccinated now & cases in Uk a lot lower so we’ve all got too move on!!

The UK has reported its lowest number of daily coronavirus cases since early September as infections continue to show no sign of a resurgence.

Almost two weeks since non-essential shops and outdoor hospitality reopened, there have been another 1,712 confirmed cases and

Edited by Banker

8 hours ago, Banker said:

I don’t know but we didn’t have test & release & got 1000 cases so what’s the difference?

Lots more vaccinated now & cases in Uk a lot lower so we’ve all got too move on!!

The UK has reported its lowest number of daily coronavirus cases since early September as infections continue to show no sign of a resurgence.

Almost two weeks since non-essential shops and outdoor hospitality reopened, there have been another 1,712 confirmed cases and

We had a government that was willfully against testing at the border resulting in the December / January outbreak; and willfully against testing and vaccinating Steam Packet staff resulting in the February / March outbreak. They still haven't provided a more extensive list of symptoms for which they are willing to test people. Our outbreak was caused by Government's policy decisions and it grew to the extent it did because of the unwillingness of the Government to "test, test, test".

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

We had a government that was willfully against testing at the border resulting in the December / January outbreak; and willfully against testing and vaccinating Steam Packet staff resulting in the February / March outbreak. They still haven't provided a more extensive list of symptoms for which they are willing to test people. Our outbreak was caused by Government's policy decisions and it grew to the extent it did because of the unwillingness of the Government to "test, test, test".

And the vast majority of the public don't seem to either understand or care.  Mind boggling.  The biggest event in recent living memory (probably) where politicians and civil servants really needed to step up and make a difference.

Other than a binary closing of the borders, which as you say they didn't even back up with the right procedures, they have done nothing in terms of planning or creative thinking.

They simply locked us down, locked people up, and people think they have handled it brilliantly.  Its a bit scary really

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, trmpton said:

And the vast majority of the public don't seem to either understand or care.  Mind boggling.  The biggest event in recent living memory (probably) where politicians and civil servants really needed to step up and make a difference.

Other than a binary closing of the borders, which as you say they didn't even back up with the right procedures, they have done nothing in terms of planning or creative thinking.

They simply locked us down, locked people up, and people think they have handled it brilliantly.  Its a bit scary really

People should never EVER forget their mantra:

“Testing unnecessary”

That was the takeaway for me throughout & they lost me very early in the piece.

Charlatans.

• Like 4