IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

People should never EVER forget their mantra:

“Testing unnecessary”

That was the takeaway for me throughout & they lost me very early in the piece.

Charlatans.

I distinctly remember sitting at my kitchen table during briefings last April and listening to Ashford saying that "test, test, test" was one of the most important responses to the pandemic. I agreed, but couldn't understand why you could only get a test with certain symptoms, or why others in a household couldn't get a test when one member was positive. (I know of several households where this occurred.)

I don't recall exactly when the mantra changed to "testing unnecessary" (when they stopped testing travellers at seven days perhaps?) but yes, I agree this unmasked them as charlatans.

Actually, calling them charlatans is giving them too much credit where the testing situation is concerned. Idiots is more to the point. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, P.K. said:

So you're not denying that it was test on arrival and then release that let the virus in.

You're just hoping that the reduction in UK cases means it's ok to use the entry regime that failed previously.

Good luck with that one...

To be fair I don't Jersey were ever trying to keep it out the way Guernsey and our good selves were. They were trying to control the spread and live with it. The test on arrival was just a mitigation and not meant to be a stonewall.  I'mm not supporting their method but explaining the theory.

Its a bit like buying an old car. You wouldn't buy one that wouldn't start, but the one that did start might not start the next day. Just filtering out the obvious.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Banker said:

I don’t know but we didn’t have test & release & got 1000 cases so what’s the difference?

Yes there were 1000 cases with four fatalities.

Never, ever forget that behind those four fatalities will be a lot of pain and distress for the bereaved....

17 hours ago, P.K. said:

Wasn't it testing on arrival followed by release that bit them on the arse last time?

Last time?  Like before half the population were vaccinated and so when the risk of cases in the community was completely different to what it is now?

Yes it was? Why is what happened months ago relevant to what places ar doing now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Last time?  Like before half the population were vaccinated and so when the risk of cases in the community was completely different to what it is now?

Yes it was? Why is what happened months ago relevant to what places ar doing now?

Let me put it this way.

You should be fine going there because I won't be.

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

So what are you going to do when all the same people start coming here with no isolation, in a few weeks?

Wait until our second jabs.

Then do what we've been doing for the last 15 months or so.

Book a cabin on the ferry. Sanitise it on entry. Stay in it until docking. Then avoid everyone by taking our time to get back to the car deck.

Simples.

ETA: To be truthful we're currently in the UK caring for a close relative who has had a very serious operation that has very much reduced their mobility.

Don't remember signing up for this mind...

Edited by P.K.

31 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Wait until our second jabs.

Then do what we've been doing for the last 15 months or so.

Book a cabin on the ferry. Sanitise it on entry. Stay in it until docking. Then avoid everyone by taking our time to get back to the car deck.

Simples.

ETA: To be truthful we're currently in the UK caring for a close relative who has had a very serious operation that has very much reduced their mobility.

Don't remember signing up for this mind...

Sanitize a cabin and avoid everyone?

No thanks,not for me.  I want a life with social interaction and should point t our I am "vulnerable and have already had covid 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Banker said:

Isolation for positive tests being reduced as well, all restrictions going soon 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/isolation-requirement-to-be-reduced-to-10-days/

Not all restrictions in regards the borders.

Guernsey going to test on entry & freedom to move about on negative result, 14th May.

We normally follow suit two weeks later which would mean an almost full relaxation on May 28th but more likely 31st May (subject to U.K. new infection rates continuing to fall, which they are - tumbling actually).

September was a pipe dream for the bunker dwellers.