IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Not all restrictions in regards the borders.

Guernsey going to test on entry & freedom to move about on negative result, 14th May.

We normally follow suit two weeks later which would mean an almost full relaxation on May 28th but more likely 31st May (subject to U.K. new infection rates continuing to fall, which they are - tumbling actually).

September was a pipe dream for the bunker dwellers.

That is exactly what is in the framework published a week or so ago isn't it?  So we all know that is coming end of May at the latest, but they don't seem to actually want to say it too much because people will panic.

Still no clear guidance on what the new isolation looks like from the weekend.  People are confused and want to book stuff.  Apparently its delayed because there was an "outbreak" which so far has amounted to a small number of cases on an island that is living with the virus - joke.

Also, while it is good news that isolation is reduced from last night, surely it isn't that hard to communicate these things in advance.

I have loads of family waiting to come and visit, all checking the news each day to see what the latest is and some already in isolation waiting to attend a funeral.  Its pathetic that they can't get clear and useful information out for people to plan major life events around.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

That is exactly what is in the framework published a week or so ago isn't it?  So we all know that is coming end of May at the latest, but they don't seem to actually want to say it too much because people will panic.

Still no clear guidance on what the new isolation looks like from the weekend.  People are confused and want to book stuff.  Apparently its delayed because there was an "outbreak" which so far has amounted to a small number of cases on an island that is living with the virus - joke.

Also, while it is good news that isolation is reduced from last night, surely it isn't that hard to communicate these things in advance.

I have loads of family waiting to come and visit, all checking the news each day to see what the latest is and some already in isolation waiting to attend a funeral.  Its pathetic that they can't get clear and useful information out for people to plan major life events around.

The new isolation rules are retrospective as well, which will help anyone already here.

also costs of testing is going to be greatly reduced according to Howie so that will encourage travel. However he didn’t say what passive follow up is required & this will only be advised Thursday ie less than 2 days before first arrival!

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

The new isolation rules are retrospective as well, which will help anyone already here.

also costs of testing is going to be greatly reduced according to Howie so that will encourage travel. However he didn’t say what passive follow up is required & this will only be advised Thursday ie less than 2 days before first arrival!

Exactly. Thursday ffs 

Can family stay in my house? Do I then need to take time off work and isolate with them?  No-one knows.  Phoned the "helpline " clueless. 

It is a funeral.  Yesterday we were still being told they would have to apply on compassionate grounds and isolate in paid accommodation for 14 days and pay 150 each for tests.  So lots have said they can't do that (understandably).  The helpline didn't even mention to those asking that it was likely to change and when I suggested to already upset relatives that I thought it would they said I was nuts.

It is embarrassing, and causing significant additional and unnecessary distress.  All people want to do is book with clear information.

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, trmpton said:

Sanitize a cabin and avoid everyone?

No thanks,not for me.  I want a life with social interaction and should point t our I am "vulnerable and have already had covid 

You do what suits you.

We'll do what suits us according to our circumstances...

• Like 1

Just now, P.K. said:

You do what suits you.

We'll do what suits us according to our circumstances...

This is it now. Personal responsibility & risk assessment.

I wouldn’t be dismissive of anyone wearing a mask in any circumstances or crossing the street to avoid me. Hell, that practice has been going on for decades anyhow!

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Exactly. Thursday ffs 

Can family stay in my house? Do I then need to take time off work and isolate with them?  No-one knows.  Phoned the "helpline " clueless. 

It is a funeral.  Yesterday we were still being told they would have to apply on compassionate grounds and isolate in paid accommodation for 14 days and pay 150 each for tests.  So lots have said they can't do that (understandably).  The helpline didn't even mention to those asking that it was likely to change and when I suggested to already upset relatives that I thought it would they said I was nuts.

It is embarrassing, and causing significant additional and unnecessary distress.  All people want to do is book with clear information.

Moan moan whinge fucking moan.

It's a Pandemic.

Things are getting better.

It's going to be ok.

But no, not for you. You want the moon on a fucking stick.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Moan moan whinge fucking moan.

It's a Pandemic.

Things are getting better.

It's going to be ok.

But no, not for you. You want the moon on a fucking stick.

Clear communication on simple and important things that have a huge impact on people's lives from a government that per head of population is one of the biggest in the world.

Hardly the moon on a stick?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

This is of interest to me. I came back from the Uk on Sunday. Yesterday I booked tests to reduce mine and my wire's isolation period to two weeks at £50 a pop each =£300. My last test is on the 8th May. a few hours later there is an all change announcement by Howard so does that mean:

1. I get to come out of isolation this coming weekend having done 7 days; and

2. Will I be reimbursed for tests?

All opinions and speculation welcome

Clear communication on anything is not something our government does well. And opening the borders is far from simple.

I think they may be getting a little ahead of themselves. It is obviously a good thing that they feel they can relax things, but I'd feel a lot happier about it if we were a bit further on with our unfinished vaccination scheme.

I also think that they should be very much pushing the outdoor as much as possible and well ventilated when not for the whole summer. Buncha Skankas are playing inside the Villa next month, stuff like that should be outdoors. 'Mitigation'. Should have set up something like the Bushys village in the gardens til September. Local authority restrictions on street furniture and licencing restrictions should be relaxed too, yet I hardly hear anything about it from them. The evidence is massive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

A few take aways for me from yesterdays's briefing.

First, why are the IOM government using the UK's case rate as the trigger for transitioning between border control levels? This when they are themselves saying that case rates are becoming less important due to the vaccine rollout and we shouldn't really be to worried about them. Surely UK hospital admissions would be a better indicator of how much demand would likely be placed on our own healthcare system. Cases could be sky high in the UK, but if nobody is getting seriously sick as a result, what's the big deal?. 

Second, and this has been a persistent trait throughout the whole pandemic, why announce changes to protocols that haven't been fully thought through and where the full package of information surrounding them that should be given to the public isn't available at the time?. It would perhaps be better for them to say 'later this week we will be revealing detailed changes to the border framework' and get all of the detailed information out in one go. 

Finally, a comment from the CM went against their own mantra too - in commenting on the single case from unknown source yesterday, he says 'this gives us cause for concern' - well, which is it CM? You are telling the GMP not to worry so much about new cases and we're now going to have to just get on with it, but you are also saying it causes you concern?. Different messages in the same paragraph. Perhaps I (we) shouldn't be surprised.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 9

Front page of today’s local rag, the headline being ‘we are top of the jabs league’, how the island is ahead of Israel, Guernsey and UK in terms of vaccination. 

The Headline no doubt created by the Cabinet Spin Doctors, with input from HRH The Chief Minister and his Henchman Ashie. Yet again it’s blatant dick waving, especially against ‘our friends in the Channel Islands’. Our friends in the Channel Islands will dump us like a hot stone as soon as they open their borders. Why bother with a airbridge? 

Last time we boasted of our proweress against the UK, we had our VAT take reduced. 

Can we not keep our mouths shut and get on with the vaccination program. Quietly and under the radar.

Ashford has his gong, HRH The Chief Minister must want one too.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

A few take aways for me from yesterdays's briefing.

First, why are the IOM government using the UK's case rate as the trigger for transitioning between border control levels? This when they are themselves saying that case rates are becoming less important due to the vaccine rollout and we shouldn't really be to worried about them. Surely UK hospital admissions would be a better indicator of how much demand would likely be placed on our own healthcare system. Cases could be sky high in the UK, but if nobody is getting seriously sick as a result, what's the big deal?. 

Second, and this has been a persistent trait throughout the whole pandemic, why announce changes to protocols that haven't been fully thought through and where the full package of information surrounding them that should be given to the public isn't available at the time?. It would perhaps be better for them to say 'later this week we will be revealing detailed changes to the border framework' and get all of the detailed information out in one go. 

Finally, a comment from the CM went against their own mantra too - in commenting on the single case from unknown source yesterday, he says 'this gives us cause for concern' - well, which is it CM? You are telling the GMP not to worry so much about new cases and we're now going to have to just get on with it, but you are also saying it causes you concern?. Different messages in the same paragraph. Perhaps I (we) shouldn't be surprised.

Great post.

Everything is so bloody fluffy.

The U.K. announced their way out of all this months ago.

We are opening our borders in a few days time & nobody has a clue what’s going on!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Front page of today’s local rag, the headline being ‘we are top of the jabs league’, how the island is ahead of Israel, Guernsey and UK in terms of vaccination. 

The Headline no doubt created by the Cabinet Spin Doctors, with input from HRH The Chief Minister and his Henchman Ashie. Yet again it’s blatant dick waving, especially against ‘our friends in the Channel Islands’. Our friends in the Channel Islands will dump us like a hot stone as soon as they open their borders. Why bother with a airbridge? 

Last time we boasted of our proweress against the UK, we had our VAT take reduced. 

Can we not keep our mouths shut and get on with the vaccination program. Quietly and under the radar.

Ashford has his gong, HRH The Chief Minister must want one too.

Channel Islands have got borders open, Jersey test on arrival/isolate until negative test from green areas, Guernsey 7 days with changes to testing on arrival from 15/05

Edited by Banker