IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

We've been here before with the self-congratulatory complacent arrogance.

'Lessons have been learnt'.

Complete dick waving and boasting especially against the UK, Israel and Guernsey. Totally laughable as the Channel Islands are way ahead of the IOM on everything, which also includes tourism - and their promenades aren’t a mess! The UK via the VAT revenue sharing agreement controls the purse strings. Upset Israel and the island could lose Israeli IT and EGamimg businesses here. 

11 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Great post.

Everything is so bloody fluffy.

The U.K. announced their way out of all this months ago.

We are opening our borders in a few days time & nobody has a clue what’s going on!

Agree + Lots.

As a frinstance I've yet to see anything about Vaccination Passports 

Now are they not releasing any guidelines because they've not yet thought it all through or is it they want to issue a glossy with pictures of offices taken at strange angles plus appropriate fanfare like the last one?

Either way it's not a good look....

However there's absolutely nothing preventing them telling the GMP where they are in creating the process.

Someone needs to tell them that transparency is required because a swift kick up the arse often offends...

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

Exactly. Thursday ffs 

Can family stay in my house? Do I then need to take time off work and isolate with them?  No-one knows.  Phoned the "helpline " clueless. 

It is a funeral.  Yesterday we were still being told they would have to apply on compassionate grounds and isolate in paid accommodation for 14 days and pay 150 each for tests.  So lots have said they can't do that (understandably).  The helpline didn't even mention to those asking that it was likely to change and when I suggested to already upset relatives that I thought it would they said I was nuts.

It is embarrassing, and causing significant additional and unnecessary distress.  All people want to do is book with clear information.

Get in touch with Josh

https://twitter.com/JoshuaStokesITV/status/1386981070265065473?s=19

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Happy news from Jersey on reopening, hopefully repeated here soon as we are so far ahead on vaccinations!!

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/04/27/tears-of-joy-as-restrictions-enable-families-to-reunite/

Wonderful to see these families being reunited. It’s been too long & so many never got the chance to say goodbye before loved ones were lost.

A new dawn is breaking thankfully.

• Haha 1

Just now, snowman said:

if they were that arsed the islanders could have gone to the uk surely

Many are elderly & unable to travel or unable to isolate on return for various reasons as they may be nurses, critical workers etc , very much like here!!

2 minutes ago, snowman said:

if they were that arsed the islanders could have gone to the uk surely

It's not that simple though. They might not have the days for leave, they might not be allowed to go. I know some places over here told staff they werent allowed to leave the island

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

This is of interest to me. I came back from the Uk on Sunday. Yesterday I booked tests to reduce mine and my wire's isolation period to two weeks at £50 a pop each =£300. My last test is on the 8th May. a few hours later there is an all change announcement by Howard so does that mean:

1. I get to come out of isolation this coming weekend having done 7 days; and

2. Will I be reimbursed for tests?

All opinions and speculation welcome

We arrived back sat 17th and had two neg tests with the 3rd this Friday? Can we go out as we've isolated for 11 days? We came from an area with 10 cases per 10k and drove without a stop, so more risk catching it here!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

This is of interest to me. I came back from the Uk on Sunday. Yesterday I booked tests to reduce mine and my wire's isolation period to two weeks at £50 a pop each =£300. My last test is on the 8th May. a few hours later there is an all change announcement by Howard so does that mean:

1. I get to come out of isolation this coming weekend having done 7 days; and

2. Will I be reimbursed for tests?

All opinions and speculation welcome

We arrived back sat 17th and had two neg tests with the 3rd this Friday? Can we go out as we've isolated for 11 days? We came from an area with 10 cases per 10k and drove without a stop, so more risk catching it here!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Banker said:

Happy news from Jersey on reopening, hopefully repeated here soon as we are so far ahead on vaccinations!!

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/04/27/tears-of-joy-as-restrictions-enable-families-to-reunite/

I wonder if they will all get fined £5000 for going on holiday whilst is illegal? The UK don't lift thatbuntil 17 May at earliest. 

Compassionate and essential travel only. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I wonder if they will all get fined £5000 for going on holiday whilst is illegal? The UK don't lift thatbuntil 17 May at earliest. 

Compassionate and essential travel only. 

Read Travelling from England

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae#travelling-within-the-uk-the-republic-of-ireland-and-the-channel-islands

Travelling within the UK, the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands

Travelling to England

Across the different parts of the Common Travel Area (the UK, the Republic of Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man), there may be rules in place that restrict travel to England.

You should check the restrictions in place where you intend to travel from before making arrangements to travel.

Provided you are permitted to travel from another part of the Common Travel Area (the UK, the Republic of Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man), you may enter England and are not required to quarantine on arrival. If you do travel to England, you must follow the restrictions on what you can and cannot do.

Travelling from England

Across the different parts of the Common Travel Area (the UK, the Republic of Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man), there may be rules in place that restrict travel from England. You do not need a reasonable excuse to leave England to travel to other parts of the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland. You should check the restrictions in place where you intend to travel to before making arrangements to travel.

Edited by snowman

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Front page of today’s local rag, the headline being ‘we are top of the jabs league’, how the island is ahead of Israel, Guernsey and UK in terms of vaccination. 

The Headline no doubt created by the Cabinet Spin Doctors, with input from HRH The Chief Minister and his Henchman Ashie. Yet again it’s blatant dick waving, especially against ‘our friends in the Channel Islands’. Our friends in the Channel Islands will dump us like a hot stone as soon as they open their borders. Why bother with a airbridge? 

Last time we boasted of our proweress against the UK, we had our VAT take reduced. 

Can we not keep our mouths shut and get on with the vaccination program. Quietly and under the radar.

Ashford has his gong, HRH The Chief Minister must want one too.

Agreed. They still haven't learned that less is more`.

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Moan moan whinge fucking moan.

It's a Pandemic.

Things are getting better.

It's going to be ok.

But no, not for you. You want the moon on a fucking stick.

Thank the lord for that. I was beinning to think it was just me who was losing patience with the fucking incessant moaning. Trmp go and visit your rellies for fucks sake. You've been able to do this all along.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

First, why are the IOM government using the UK's case rate as the trigger for transitioning between border control levels? This when they are themselves saying that case rates are becoming less important due to the vaccine rollout and we shouldn't really be to worried about them. Surely UK hospital admissions would be a better indicator of how much demand would likely be placed on our own healthcare system. Cases could be sky high in the UK, but if nobody is getting seriously sick as a result, what's the big deal?. 

I agree with your other points but the reason we need to keep a close eye on the infection rates is because they are a 'leading indicator' - they will go up before hospital admissions do.  Vaccination may have reduced the effects, but the link will still be there.

In actual fact I am rather dubious about the way some of these are done because there is an obvious lag on a 14-day average (such as used in the CI) and that's before you add on the retrospective elements introduced by infection time and how long it lakes to amend lists, so that such traffic lighting may be based on what infections were like three or even four weeks ago.  But going on hospital admissions or deaths makes this even worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1