IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

That can’t be right, Cambon said it won’t happen, however he also said IOM borders won’t open until September 😂

The NHS Test and Trace app will become Britons' vaccine passport for international travel, a minster has confirmed as it emerged green-list countries will be announced at the beginning of May. 

Transport Minister Grant Shapps told Sky News:  "I can confirm we are working on an NHS application actually, it will be the actual app [Test and Trace] and it will be the NHS app that is used for people when they book appointments with the NHS and so on, to be able to show that you've had a vaccine or that you've had testing, and I'm working internationally with partners across the world, to make sure that that system can be internationally recognised."

It will surely be the main NHS app, not the track and trace one. The former requires a secure verification of your ID prior to activation. It is the only one that accesses your medical records too.

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

It will surely be the main NHS app, not the track and trace one. The former requires a secure verification of your ID prior to activation. It is the only one that accesses your medical records too.

Yes I think that’s what he means, I only have the patients access one which shows immunization etc. anyway I’m sure our leaders are sorting it out for us😀

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Any sign of the mythical Borders Level 3 yet?

From Saturday with reduced isolation..  same house isolation as people who haven't travelled and hopefully without the non travellers having to isolate at all.  Tbc tomorrow.

likely to move to level 2 and no isolation a few weeks later, possibly mid May the way things are going

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

From Saturday with reduced isolation..  same house isolation as people who haven't travelled and hopefully without the non travellers having to isolate at all.  Tbc tomorrow.

likely to move to level 2 and no isolation a few weeks later, possibly mid May the way things are going

I think we’ll be Level 2, May 31st, possibly Friday 29th May following the Thursday briefing extravaganza that week!

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I think we’ll be Level 2, May 31st, possibly Friday 29th May following the Thursday briefing extravaganza that week!

My money is on Saturday 15th or Monday 17th.  Completely open and isolate only until negative test comes back 

Tomorrow's briefing is going to scare the bunker dwellers to death, the idea of people living with someone fresh off the boat going to work and school as normal will make social media a proper entertaining read tomorrow evening.  

Gutted I am in a meeting until 6ish

Edited by trmpton

10 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's not my point, which is that this is about timing rather than levels.  You might well adjust the levels and the ratios between them based on changes in data, but you should always work on the earliest indicator available.  No one is going to have to be admitted to hospital suffering from Covid and then only test positive later. 

So you need to start with test results.  Ideally working from the very latest ones to show how things are changing, though with safeguards in to prevent changes being triggered by random variation or changes in methods rather than the underlying cause. 

I understand your theory and agree that this data would be useful. However, as I have previously stated, people are not lab rats on which you can carry out social experiments (unless you change legislation). Therefore you cannot randomly test people unless they come forward voluntarily. That being the case you can realistically only test persons that come forward by ringing 111 which means that the infection rate is always something that is subjective and indicative at best. There will be a number that keep their symptoms secret (which unfortunately is their right)

With vaccination comes a reduction in symptomatic cases (hopefully) and a reduction in persons presenting for testing. Thats doesn't mean the infection rate is lower though.

Therefore the only real representative data you have is

• No in hospital
  • No of deaths
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

We have access to the NHS app here. It is available on the apple and android stores. It uses the EMIS system so your medical records shown on it.

It takes about 5 mins to register for it. I know others on here, like me, use it already

IOM postcodes don't work with it though?

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

We have access to the NHS app here. It is available on the apple and android stores. It uses the EMIS system so your medical records shown on it.

It takes about 5 mins to register for it. I know others on here, like me, use it already

I’ve used the Patient Access app for a while. Is that the NHS / EMIS one? My first vaccination eventually showed up on it. 

Edited by The Old Git