IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

So what is the Patient Access app? A Manx version?

no.  its one of growing number of 3rd party providers who have agreements to access EMIS.

they make money by adding in prescriptions, pharmacy stuff and other heath care matters.

full list is here

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/gps/online-health-and-prescription-services/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snowman said:

no.  its one of growing number of 3rd party providers who have agreements to access EMIS.

they make money by adding in prescriptions, pharmacy stuff and other heath care matters.

full list is here

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/gps/online-health-and-prescription-services/

You can order prescriptions through the NHS App too.

37 minutes ago, trmpton said:

My money is on Saturday 15th or Monday 17th.  Completely open and isolate only until negative test comes back 

Tomorrow's briefing is going to scare the bunker dwellers to death, the idea of people living with someone fresh off the boat going to work and school as normal will make social media a proper entertaining read tomorrow evening.  

Today has been announced that, “Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines - and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49% less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56904993

Let’s be clear, it’s definitely good news. However, it seems that half of ‘once-vaccinated’ people are still just as capable of transmitting the virus as they previously were. This means that vaccinations are not the be-all and end-all of virus eradication.

In theory therefore it means that a vaccination certificate alone is insufficient proof that a person is not infected and therefore not 'dangerous'... Similarly, vaccination does not mean that people can no longer get Covid either, just that they are less likely to get sever symptoms. Therefore, at some point in the future, when our borders are fully open, we could have as many as hundreds of residents becoming infected.

Assuming this is a realistic scenario i.e., when the borders are fully open and residents have been fully vaccinated (and therefore Noble’s will unlikely be overwhelmed with Covid patients) and when people arrive here they will still be required to self-isolate until they test negative. If Manx residents are known to have been in contact with an infected person, will they be required to self-isolate? I hazard a guess that the answer to this question will be ‘yes’.  But, given that potentially a large number of visitors coming here, I fear that we could end up with thousands of people self-isolating all over again. Will self-isolation be the government’s policy or not? How will 'track and trace' operate? I may have missed all this from the government’s latest guidance, but I am totally unclear as to how ‘track and trace’ and ‘self-isolation’ will operate once the Manx borders are open.

Edited by code99
  • Like 1

@Banker

@trmpton

@Nom de plume

@Happier diner

@code99

Hey guy, all the people who were terrified of lockdown ending and hiding in their bunkers with their face nappies on have abandoned their laptops, phones and Manx Forums, and are outside enjoying the sun.

Go join 'em.

ETA:

@Utah 01too. Get oot in the sun and leave Manx Forums and your computer behind. All the terrified people are enjoying their freedom.

Edited by Barlow

6 minutes ago, code99 said:

Today has been announced that, “Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines - and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49% less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56904993

Let’s be clear, it’s definitely good news. However, it seems that half of ‘once-vaccinated’ people are still just as capable of transmitting the virus as they previously were. This means that vaccinations are not the be-all and end-all of virus eradication.

In theory therefore it means that a vaccination certificate alone is insufficient proof that a person is not infected and therefore not 'dangerous'... Similarly, vaccination does not mean that people can no longer get Covid either, just that they are less likely to get sever symptoms. Therefore, at some point in the future, when our borders are fully open, we could have as many as hundreds of residents becoming infected.

Assuming this is a realistic scenario i.e., when the borders are fully open and residents have been fully vaccinated (and therefore Noble’s will unlikely be overwhelmed with Covid patients) and when people arrive here they will still be required to self-isolate until they test negative. If Manx residents are known to have been in contact with an infected person, will they be required to self-isolate? I hazard a guess that the answer to this question will be ‘yes’.  But, given that potentially a large number of visitors coming here, I fear that we could end up with thousands of people self-isolating all over again. Will self-isolation be the government’s policy or not? How will 'track and trace' operate? I may have missed all this from the latest government’s latest guidance, but I am totally unclear as to how ‘track and trace’ and ‘self-isolation’ will operate once the Manx borders are open.

It's been known from day one that none of the vaccines provide immediate immunity. 

Vaccine IS the way out. There will always be some that slip through the net, in pretty much the same way as the influenza.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Barlow said:

@Banker

@trmpton

@Nom de plume

@Happier diner

@code99

Hey guy, all the people who were terrified of lockdown ending and hiding in their bunkers with their face nappies on have abandoned their laptops, phones and Manx Forums, and are outside enjoying the sun.

Go join 'em.

Well work kinda gets in the way:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, code99 said:

I am totally unclear as to how ‘track and trace’ and ‘self-isolation’ will operate once the Manx borders are open

The borders will only be truly 'open', IMHO, when there is no requirement for any testing or 'isolation'.

I'll say it again for the umpteenth time; there will be no testing to move from Lancs to Yorks or, more analogously, Portsmouth to the Isle of White.  We should be no different - 'cos we're not.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

The borders will only be truly 'open', IMHO, when there is no requirement for any testing or 'isolation'.

I'll say it again for the umpteenth time; there will be no testing to move from Lancs to Yorks or, more analogously, Portsmouth to the Isle of White.  We should be no different - 'cos we're not.

You won’t need to get tied in knots over this soon.

It’ll be a negative test on arrival & away you go.

Test positive & they’ll probably insist on a 7 / 14 / 21 day isolation which as proved in the past, is just a bit of lip service for the Mary’s.

We’re mitigating now, they’ve finally seen some sense. 

Barlow, Pongo et al will get their heads around it eventually.

Edited by Nom de plume

7 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

There has been a significant difference up until relatively recently: it's the fact that we only have one (proper) hospital. 

Mass vaccination means that infections are leading to fewer serious illnesses, we are now in a much better position to cope with what we've got.

It can only be the variants that put some sand in the oil now, but they seem to be staying in abeyance and will hopefully be put to bed once and for all when the boosters are available and more of the global population is immunised.

It's all looking very rosy.

12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Barlow, Pongo et al will get their heads around it eventually.

We will for sure. And we'll all be happy and skipping about in the sun and enjoying new life.

But I'll be worrying about all the freedom fighters like your good self sir, hammering away at their covid keyboards all day and all night on Manx Forums in darkened rooms somewhere, with only themselves to fight the good fight which isn't there anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snowman said:

Easyjet have cancelled all London - IOM flights prior to 28 June.

Easyjet Manchester - IOM has been removed from sale entirely

Bastards!! Bristol went a while ago & starting again July.

Baker probably had a word saying he could continue subsidies to Logan air, probably another £5m