IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

29 minutes ago, P.K. said:

you should avoid using terms like "the death toll in India is likely more due to institutionally corrupt things" when you don't really know....

I’m not sure that I need to avoid any terms to be honest. What in reality do you really know? I know quite a lot about operating and doing business with India and the general state of everyday corruption, chaos, and poverty within Indian cities which seems to be firmly exacerbating the death toll here. May I ask on what experience you are posting your view that I should avoid stating an opinion on things as I see them?

8 hours ago, Cambon said:

You are free to leave anytime you like. You will just struggle to find somewhere to stay in the UK, and anywhere else that will allow you to arrive, except Jersey and Guernsey. When you want to come home, expect to test and isolate just like nearly everywhere. 

You are a lunatic! The Manx are free! Just nowhere they can go! 

Why don't you get it yet? 

What do you mean isolate like everywhere else, the only place in uk you have to isolate for traveling to uk is Guernsey & that changes on 15/05 when they join Jersey in isolating until negative test ie c12 hours.

And lots of places are open in uk , 1000s of self catering ranging from 1 bed to mansions with similar of outside restaurants, hotels etc opening 17/05 although you said it wouldn’t happen!

we have 7 days plus 3 more days of lack of freedom to visit.

You don’t seem to grasp basics very well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

“ Honesty, openness and transparency “ What makes you think not delivered? Tynwald broadcast on national radio, Hansard, COVID media briefings,FOI act etc etc.

Hardly North Korea is it?

it is what's not said that was the point, not the pantomime scripts played out in tynwald for us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, P.K. said:

The important bit is that even emerging Thirld World countries can feel real heartache and pain at a very obvious human tragedy.

So rather than trying to apportion blame based on a report by one of the most disreputable so-called media outlets in the UK, recently quite rightly described as an "open sewer" of so-called "news", you should avoid using terms like "the death toll in India is likely more due to institutionally corrupt things" when you don't really know....

Bit rich coming from someone that blames Bojo personally for everything bad about the UK’s pandemic experience. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Mr Roboto said:

I’m not sure that I need to avoid any terms to be honest. What in reality do you really know? I know quite a lot about operating and doing business with India and the general state of everyday corruption, chaos, and poverty within Indian cities which seems to be firmly exacerbating the death toll here. May I ask on what experience you are posting your view that I should avoid stating an opinion on things as I see them?

And.......he's back:rolleyes:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Banker said:

What do you mean isolate like everywhere else, the only place in uk you have to isolate for traveling to uk is Guernsey & that changes on 15/05 when they join Jersey in isolating until negative test ie c12 hours.

And lots of places are open in uk , 1000s of self catering ranging from 1 bed to mansions with similar of outside restaurants, hotels etc opening 17/05 although you said it wouldn’t happen!

we have 7 days plus 3 more days of lack of freedom to visit.

You don’t seem to grasp basics very well.

The 3 more days is pointless and won't be adhered to.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Exactly. Neither the Government or the Steam Packet wanted to bring back COVID to the Island,There were misunderstandings no doubt.

But these are exceptional times and as such we need to see the bigger picture. 

A baying mob calling for resignations is not the right response.

Some on here sneer when it is said lessons can be learned from such situations.  Well this is exactly such a situation and provides the opportunity to learn and put new protocols in place, for example not relying on verbal evidence.

Its a time for reconciliation not reprisals

There are no resignations no one ever pays in this land of milk and honey, the gravy train and its public servants carry on regardless.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The whole 10 days is pointless and won't be adhered to.

I was speaking to someone already who has family coming who plan to completely ignore it.

Why should we carry on with this nonsense when Channel Islands are scrapping it?

Just open up for unrestricted British travel (and ROI) with a clear test required on arrival.  Give the airlines confidence to get routes running again and let's have a great summer season.

Open up in the next couple of weeks and every seat will be full in both directions and hotels etc can try and start earning  again.

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

The important bit is that even emerging Thirld World countries can feel real heartache and pain at a very obvious human tragedy.

So rather than trying to apportion blame based on a report by one of the most disreputable so-called media outlets in the UK, recently quite rightly described as an "open sewer" of so-called "news", you should avoid using terms like "the death toll in India is likely more due to institutionally corrupt things" when you don't really know....

https://www.transparency.org/en/press/2020-corruption-perceptions-index-reveals-widespread-corruption-is-weakening-covid-19-response-threatening-global-recovery

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

23 minutes ago, trmpton said:

The whole 10 days is pointless and won't be adhered to.

I was speaking to someone already who has family coming who plan to completely ignore it.

Why should we carry on with this nonsense when Channel Islands are scrapping it?

Just open up for unrestricted British travel (and ROI) with a clear test required on arrival.  Give the airlines confidence to get routes running again and let's have a great summer season.

Open up in the next couple of weeks and every seat will be full in both directions and hotels etc can try and start earning  again.

I do agree with you. However it's only just May. Maybe a teeny bit of patience is what we need. My heart agrees with you but my head says we can get some folks past their 2nd jab. Maybe the O60s. Personally I'd get the 2nd jabs in after 10weeks. It's a compromise and probably a safe one.

If we get a commitment for end of may then I would be happy with that.