IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, snowman said:

Usual suspects posting on here instead of travelling to the UK or indeed welcoming their visitors

Won't be travelling to UK until they sort the stupid isolation out.

Family not coming until later in the week as apications only opened on yesterday and details of stupid isolation were only confirmed after 16:00 on Thursday.

Absolute shambles, especially when people are already having an awful time (family funeral)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cambon said:

You will struggle to find accommodation in the uk. Yes some places are open. Those that are open are taking in essential workers only or are fully booked.

You really won’t at all. Unless someone is trying to book their usual 5 days in Royston Vasey. Why would essential workers be clogging up hotels either that is literally just made up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr Roboto said:

I’m not sure that I need to avoid any terms to be honest. What in reality do you really know? I know quite a lot about operating and doing business with India and the general state of everyday corruption, chaos, and poverty within Indian cities which seems to be firmly exacerbating the death toll here. May I ask on what experience you are posting your view that I should avoid stating an opinion on things as I see them?

I just don't think anyone should believe anything they read in the Daily Mail. Simple as.

Of course corruption exists in India. Very much so. But I'm not so sure the locals see it like that.

The Caste system has been around in India for literally thousands of years. It certainly suited the British Colonialists because the British Raj simply plonked themselves down on the top of the heap and took it from there!

The Caste system, which is still very much alive today, is basically institutional corruption. Placing people in differing tiers due to an accident of birth is something of a nonsense but the Brahmins still paint on their white horns for preferential treatment.

How do I know this? Because I've been there and yes I did get a terrible dose of the runs. When the doctor turned up at the hotel late at night he asked me what was wrong and I told him I had Delhi Belly. He patted his stomach and told me he had a Delhi belly and his was fine. So what I had was English Belly. I was too weak to strangle him and a large dose of morphine made up for a lot.... I can certainly see how people can get addicted to the stuff.

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I just don't think anyone should believe anything they read in the Daily Mail. Simple as.

Here’s the same story in the Independent. I’m not quite sure what a childish rant about the Daily Mail as a news source has to do with anything really.

https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/india/india-covid-agra-oxygen-police-b1840195.html

My point was this is less about some sort of covid Armageddon that will inevitably engulf us all (regardless of how much the covid scaremongers desperately want it to be a covid Armageddon that forces other places back into lockdowns) and more about the institutionally corrupt system that is in place over a population of 1.3 Billion people which also has very high levels of poverty, poor sanitation, and a chaotic healthcare system that struggles even at the best of times. 

Edited by Mr Roboto
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Roboto said:

Here’s the same story in the Independent. I’m not quite sure what a childish rant about the Daily Mail as a news source has to do with anything really.

https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/india/india-covid-agra-oxygen-police-b1840195.html

My point was this is less about some sort of covid Armageddon that will inevitably engulf us all (regardless of how much the covid scaremongers desperately want it to be a covid Armageddon that forces other places back into lockdowns) and more about the institutionally corrupt system that is in place over a population of 1.3 Billion people which also has very high levels of poverty, poor sanitation, and a chaotic healthcare system that struggles even at the best of times. 

Childish rant - you funny.

Here it is again. Just for posterity you understand:

19 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Yes that's quite a rant not.

These Covid scaremongers you refer to - can you name any?

It's called a pandemic because it's global and nobody can feel safe until the whole planet has the virus in retreat.

The appalling tragedy in India just shows what the virus can do if it's allowed to run unchecked. Now we have vaccines that work against certain variants. So every time the virus infects a new host, in places like India, the chances of creating a new variant goes up. That's how it works. So the pool of infection in India threatens the whole planet.

Including you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

That's how it works. So the pool of infection in India threatens the whole planet.

Including you.

It really doesn’t. I understand that some people are literally desperate for us all to be back in lockdown via any means possible (Indian variant, South African variant, or even the Foxdale variant) but this is largely an Indian problem that arises from the size of its population, the extent of its general levels of poverty and its chaotic healthcare system. Just stop flights from there as a precaution. That’s all that’s needed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Roboto said:

It really doesn’t. I understand that some people are literally desperate for us all to be back in lockdown via any means possible (Indian variant, South African variant, or even the Foxdale variant) but this is largely an Indian problem that arises from the size of its population, the extent of its general levels of poverty and its chaotic healthcare system. Just stop flights from there as a precaution. That’s all that’s needed.

Where do you get the idea from that some people are desperate for another lockdown? Can you name any?

Over 70% of Aussies want their borders to remain closed. Why? To avoid more lockdowns.

Errr do you think that a covid vaccination will alter your DNA?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Why would anyone think that? It seems an odd response to a perfectly clear statement. The outbreak in India does not threaten the whole planet neither does it threaten me an Isle of Man resident. To suggest that it does sounds a bit hysterical to be honest. 

13 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Where do you get the idea from that some people are desperate for another lockdown? Can you name any?

Over 70% of Aussies want their borders to remain closed. Why? To avoid more lockdowns.

Given over 40% of the  Australian population don't have a passport, I am not sure that statistic is quite as powerful as you think it is.  Plus, they can still travel thousands of miles within their own country and could never explore it all in their lifetime.  Not really apples with apples is it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Roboto said:

Why would anyone think that? It seems an odd response to a perfectly clear statement. The outbreak in India does not threaten the whole planet neither does it threaten me an Isle of Man resident. To suggest that it does sounds a bit hysterical to be honest. 

Your constant refrain that some people want more lockdowns makes you come across as something of a conspiracy theorist.

The outbreak in India will create more variants that can threaten us all. How is it you can't understand this?

• Haha 1

Just now, trmpton said:

Given over 40% of the  Australian population don't have a passport, I am not sure that statistic is quite as powerful as you think it is.  Plus, they can still travel thousands of miles within their own country and could never explore it all in their lifetime.  Not really apples with apples is it?

Closing their borders has nothing whatever to do with how many of them have a passport. It has everything to do with keeping the virus out.

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How is it you can't understand this?

How is it that you seem to be so thoroughly incapable of understanding other posters perspectives? It’s no real threat at this time. It’s creating media attention and throwing off a huge number of stats that many seem to be obsessing over but it’s not the Covid Armageddon it’s being painted as and it’s not a threat to me in the IOM to be honest. You sound rather the conspiracy theorist yourself to suggest that it is. India as a country that has incredibly high levels of poverty and a chaotic healthcare system. These sort of things were always going to happen during an outbreak as the infrastructure is simply not there.

Rememder lockdowns were only ever about protecting the institutions providing medical care from being overrun. But if your healthcare system is already corrupt, chaotic, and basically can’t cope then these sort of things are going to happen regardless.

• Like 1