IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

If you want a five star holiday you stay in a five star hotel nothing more simpler, so those holidays have not gone for the discerning few

If you’re in the older age group perhaps as that’s what people used to do in the 80s but by far the majority of people now opt for more experience based accomodation not operated by major hotel groups. Unless they’re looking for city breaks etc.

26 minutes ago, Mr Roboto said:

If you’re in the older age group perhaps as that’s what people used to do in the 80s but by far the majority of people now opt for more experience based accomodation not operated by major hotel groups. Unless they’re looking for city breaks etc.

Cod's wallop! 

The vast majority go to hotels with great facilities for children. 

You are Banker, and I claim my £5. 

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Cod's wallop! 

Most of your comments above seem to scream how out of touch you are with most things to be fair. I can’t see you getting £5 anytime soon either as it’s yet another matter you are completely wrong about. People taking kids to hotels is so 1995. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Cod's wallop! 

Did Banker branch out? They have been kinda hogging the thread (2460 posts).

Edited by Barlow

6 minutes ago, Mr Roboto said:

Most of your comments above seem to scream how out of touch you are with most things to be fair. I can’t see you getting £5 anytime soon either as it’s yet another matter you are completely wrong about. People taking kids to hotels is so 1995. 

Wow! How incredibly cutting from an unknown newcomer! 

How could you possibly know? 

You don't! 

Complete and utter idiot! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Wow! How incredibly cutting from an unknown newcomer! 

How could you possibly know? 

You don't! 

Complete and utter idiot! 

I can click on your profile from your avatar and at my leisure read the trail of tripe you seem to leave in this thread. It’s not difficult. Although doing that does leave the reader with a sense of general bemusement. As I said you won’t be seeing £5 any day soon either such is the factual incorrectness of your above post. Very few people these days take their kids to a hotel in the UK for a holiday. It is a real 1995 thing. It’s older people who generally stay in hotels these days. Most people with families are using AirBnB or stay in nice lodges with activity things to do or stay at places like Centreparcs where kids can do stuff. 

Edited by Mr Roboto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Roboto said:

The days of flea ridden accommodation are generally long gone. 

We'd like to think so but there's still some hanging on in the IoM, I don't know how the Tourist Board allow it...oh wait, is there a Tourist Board anymore? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

We'd like to think so but there's still some hanging on in the IoM, I don't know how the Tourist Board allow it...oh wait, is there a Tourist Board anymore? 

Well I agree with you there. I was talking about the UK. But in the IOM covid presents the perfect opportunity to bulldoze such places under the guise of regeneration. 

Hahaha haha.

There are some very out of touch oldies on here.

Last time I stayed in a hotel in the UK that wasn't a stopover before international travel or an organised training event or conference?  At least 10 years ago.

A stop in a city will be in a high end apartment with two bedrooms, separate living room and bathrooms and right where I want to be.  They are normally surrounded by restaurants (some of which will be organised to deliver to you if you want) or of course you can order from any takeaway.

Most are also serviced so linen etc gets changed and room made while you are out.

Google "serviced apartments there are thousands and thousands of four and five star to pick from.

Somewhere out of a city then you rent a lovely cottage or house on the same basis.  No way on earth would I use a hotel.

Booking.com

Lastminute.com

All changes on 17th anyway when we will still be stuck with isolation for people coming here, but at least by then people here can start a two week trip to UK knowing they are incredibly unlikely to need to do more than a days isolation when they come back.

Slowly, common sense is starting to prevail.

Just a shame we aren't slightly ahead of the curve and a keen to benefit.

The insistence on 7 days through May is stupid but just about tolerable when the end is only a handful of weeks away.

The fact that the example used to show "the UK is closed" was a premier inn speaks volumes.  How 90s.

Premier Inn is ace for business or airport stays.  No way would I stay in one when on a break - bleak

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Hahaha haha.

There are some very out of touch oldies on here.

Last time I stayed in a hotel in the UK that wasn't a stopover before international travel or an organised training event or conference?  At least 10 years ago.

A stop in a city will be in a high end apartment with two bedrooms, separate living room and bathrooms and right where I want to be.  They are normally surrounded by restaurants (some of which will be organised to deliver to you if you want) or of course you can order from any takeaway.

Most are also serviced so linen etc gets changed and room made while you are out.

Google "serviced apartments there are thousands and thousands of four and five star to pick from.

Somewhere out of a city then you rent a lovely cottage or house on the same basis.  No way on earth would I use a hotel.

Booking.com

Lastminute.com

All changes on 17th anyway when we will still be stuck with isolation for people coming here, but at least by then people here can start a two week trip to UK knowing they are incredibly unlikely to need to do more than a days isolation when they come back.

Slowly, common sense is starting to prevail.

Just a shame we aren't slightly ahead of the curve and a keen to benefit.

The insistence on 7 days through May is stupid but just about tolerable when the end is only a handful of weeks away.

The fact that the example used to show "the UK is closed" was a premier inn speaks volumes.  How 90s.

Premier Inn is ace for business or airport stays.  No way would I stay in one when on a break - bleak

They're great for short stays like a weekend on the piss. 

7 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

They're great for short stays like a weekend on the piss. 

Nope. Still rather be in an apartment with some mates for a weekend away (all old and married now, no requirement for bringing "visitors" back these days)