IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 hours ago, Banker said:

Do people still use hotels for holidays? I only use them for overnight at airports, most people I know use Airbnb or VRBO you should try it out.

For us it depends on the length of stay. We had five weeks each in Seville and Lisbon in the winter 2020. That was Airbnb, couldn't spent that long in a hotel. We had side trips of a couple of days to Cadiz, Porto, etc. They were hotels, hardly worth getting food and drink in for an Airbnb stay. Same as for a long weekend in Liverpool, Bristol, Carlisle, etc.

• Like 1

Doesn’t look like Cambon forecast of September for international travel will be correct, that’s a surprise!

There will be some "opening up" of foreign travel on 17 May Prime Minister Boris Johnson has indicated, but said it was important to be cautious. 

More details are expected this week to confirm when and how international travel will restart in England.

Speaking on Monday, the PM said "we'll be saying more as soon as we can" but "we have got to be very, very tough".

He also said there was a "good chance" of the one-metre plus social distancing rule being scrapped on 21 June.

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Doesn’t look like Cambon forecast of September for international travel will be correct, that’s a surprise!

There will be some "opening up" of foreign travel on 17 May Prime Minister Boris Johnson has indicated, but said it was important to be cautious. 

More details are expected this week to confirm when and how international travel will restart in England.

Speaking on Monday, the PM said "we'll be saying more as soon as we can" but "we have got to be very, very tough".

He also said there was a "good chance" of the one-metre plus social distancing rule being scrapped on 21 June.

I think Cambon referred to unrestricted travel. And, again, you over state your case. Sure some restrictions on exeat regno will go on 17 May. That’s not the same as others opening up with unrestricted open arms, or UK or IOM imposing restrictions on your return

15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I think Cambon referred to unrestricted travel. And, again, you over state your case. Sure some restrictions on exeat regno will go on 17 May. That’s not the same as others opening up with unrestricted open arms, or UK or IOM imposing restrictions on your return

This is what Cambon said a week ago so not sure why you defend his consistently incorrect posts , he is wrong on IOM borders & international travel.

Regarding borders, I said IoM borders would be easedfrom July, but don't expect any international travel until September. I stand by that.

1 minute ago, Banker said:

This is what Cambon said a week ago so not sure why you defend his consistently incorrect posts , he is wrong on IOM borders & international travel.

Regarding borders, I said IoM borders would be easedfrom July, but don't expect any international travel until September. I stand by that.

He is wrong a lot less than you, consistently so.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Don't really remember Banker being wrong tbh.  People might not have liked what he/she has had to say, but things are looking like they are opening up pretty much in line with what they have been saying.

• Like 1

Watching a news item now about EU recommending open borders from end of June for EU residents/citizens and people from other countries assuming they are vaccinated using one of the EU authorised vaccinations.

Things are going to start opening up very quickly through June and July

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Don't really remember Banker being wrong tbh.  People might not have liked what he/she has had to say, but things are looking like they are opening up pretty much in line with what they have been saying.

Banker just overstates everything. That automatically makes 3/4 of what he posts about dates and deadlines wrong.

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Watching a news item now about EU recommending open borders from end of June for EU residents/citizens and people from other countries assuming they are vaccinated using one of the EU authorised vaccinations.

Things are going to start opening up very quickly through June and July

EU citizens and residents

Vaccination certificates and two doses. Depends on agreeing how to evidence that.

its not unrestricted travel.

it still doesn’t deal with returning without restriction either.

Its going to be a long, slow, slog, way into 2022 for long haul.

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

So instead of admitting what you said was wrong you just say well he’s less wrong than you !! Unbelievable, perhaps you should try politics, you’d fit in well 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Vaccination certificates and two doses. Depends on agreeing how to evidence that.

No they’re talking other countries as well including USA, UK 

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

International travel for everyone on the globe? Not sure, don't care really and isn't really relevant to the thread.  We are really discussing restrictions on us as British Citizens and Manx Residents.

The news item I just watched was very much expecting the changes being recommended by the EU would allow us to travel pretty much anywhere and return with hardly any restrictions from July. (assuming vaccination, negative test, or previous infection)

They used China as an example of somewhere we could travel to and the US.  Suggestion that restrictions might still be imposed for countries who ar really struggling like parts of Africa and South America.

Those sort of restrictions in the short term won't impact very many of us here on the Island.  For the majority of us if we can get to and from the UK regularly and unhindered, and then occasionally further afield for a holiday or business trip then our lives are largely back to normal - and I expect that to be less than 8 weeks away. 

Some people with business interests or family in countries that are really struggling obviously might still be impacted.