IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

19 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I'd expect travel to the USA to be happening relatively quickly.

Possibly not.

The EU may admit US citizens because the three vaccines they are using are approved by the EMA.

As of a week ago the FDA had yet to approve the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I'd expect travel to the USA to be happening relatively quickly.

USA has been talking about starting up transatlantic flights for a couple of weeks now. One of the biggest problems is the lack of standardisation of vaccine passports and what represents proof of vaccination, proof of tests, etc. Add to that the numbers of new cases in Europe and the USA are being very careful. Like the uk, the USA had worked very hard to get jabs in arms and don't want to risk any set backs. 

7 minutes ago, Cambon said:

USA has been talking about starting up transatlantic flights for a couple of weeks now. One of the biggest problems is the lack of standardisation of vaccine passports and what represents proof of vaccination, proof of tests, etc. Add to that the numbers of new cases in Europe and the USA are being very careful. Like the uk, the USA had worked very hard to get jabs in arms and don't want to risk any set backs. 

I expect them to have the UK on their list pretty quickly.  I'd be surprised if access the the US isn't available by the end of June.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Plenty wish you would also , instead of criticizing people whose views you don’t agree with

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/world/europe/american-travel-to-europe.amp.html%3f0p19G=6214

And there you go, doing it again. You seize upon the bits that support your view and ignore those that don’t. You never get the balanced view from the report. Fine for you, but you’re so strident you mis represent it for others.

Its going to have to be agreed by the 27, it’s likely to be on a reciprocal vaccine recognition basis ( that makes it difficult for AZ ( which Isn’t likely to be recognised in USA any time soon - they just don’t need to ), and even Van der Leyen at her highest point says sometime. I’d expect it to be longer than June, realistically.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Based on the fact that the USA are a progressive commercially forward thinking country that will want to see movement of people in and out of there.

None of the above has any relevance.

Because as I understand it AZ have yet to apply for FDA approval.

No idea why but there it is.

29 minutes ago, P.K. said:

None of the above has any relevance.

Because as I understand it AZ have yet to apply for FDA approval.

No idea why but there it is.

Does it matter?  Everything i have read or heard says a negative test is just as valid as two vaccinations so just means you need a test before travel.

US and Europe(and most of the rest of the world) to and from the UK will be open by end of June.

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I expect them to have the UK on their list pretty quickly.  I'd be surprised if access the the US isn't available by the end of June.

This one needs keeping for PKs laughing emoji which will likely look pretty silly in a few weeks.

9 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Does it matter?  Everything i have read or heard says a negative test is just as valid as two vaccinations so just means you need a test before travel.

US and Europe(and most of the rest of the world) to and from the UK will be open by end of June.

As I posted previously my information is a week old.

I chanced upon it looking to see who might send vaccines to India and somewhere it said that the USA could be sending 40m or whatever of AZ because AZ wasn't approved for use in the USA.

It matters because von der Leyen specifically stated that US citizens can visit the EU because the three vaccines the US uses were approved by the EMA.

In a reciprocal arrangement I would expect the same rules to apply. Approved vaccinations plus a negative test. Of course, they may agree to something different in the next few months. So I guess we'll find out in due course.