IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Surely staying in an Air bnb is like staying at home?

Well, not my home but a nice one!!!

Bit like a caravan, why bother?

With other people’s Knick knacks around you. 
If your budget is tight OK but you can get cheap hotel rooms.

I like to stay in hotels where you can wake up and go down to a breakfast cooked for you without having to leave the premises. ( and have your bed made up for you)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

As I posted previously my information is a week old.

I chanced upon it looking to see who might send vaccines to India and somewhere it said that the USA could be sending 40m or whatever of AZ because AZ wasn't approved for use in the USA.

It matters because von der Leyen specifically stated that US citizens can visit the EU because the three vaccines the US uses were approved by the EMA.

In a reciprocal arrangement I would expect the same rules to apply. Approved vaccinations plus a negative test. Of course, they may agree to something different in the next few months. So I guess we'll find out in due course.

Its approved vaccination OR a negative test, or a previous positive infection. 

Restrictions in the next few weeks will be nowhere near as severe as some on here are making out

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

With other people’s Knick knacks around you. 
If your budget is tight OK but you can get cheap hotel rooms.

I like to stay in hotels where you can wake up and go down to a breakfast cooked for you without having to leave the premises. ( and have your bed made up for you)

You obviously haven't ever stayed in a really nice B&B, serviced apartment or high end air bnb.

Nothing to do with budget.  You can spend a grand a night or more easily if you want really high end

You should try it.

Beats a hotel in every way possible for me.

Couple of weeks and its not an issue anyway, you can happily stay in either.

Edited by trmpton

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Its approved vaccination OR a negative test, or a previous positive infection. 

Restrictions in the next few weeks will be nowhere near as severe as some on here are making out

I wouldn't be too sure of that if I were you:

UK likely to give green light for travel to fewer than 10 EU countries

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/may/03/uk-likely-to-give-green-light-for-travel-to-fewer-than-10-eu-countries

6 minutes ago, trmpton said:

You obviously haven't ever stayed in a really nice B&B, serviced apartment or high end air bnb.

Nothing to do with budget.  You can spend a grand a night or more easily if you want really high end

You should try it.

You’d get a lot of hotel for a grand a night. I don’t want to stay in an apartment. I enjoy staying in hotels. I don’t want to stay in someone else’s house.

Each to their own I guess. 

11 minutes ago, trmpton said:

You should try it.

I like hotels.  Never tried AirBNB but have done traditional B&B and serviced apartments. They each have their place.  Never spent a grand a night, either. 

If I’m going for a city break a decent hotel is my first choice. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I like hotels.  Never tried AirBNB but have done traditional B&B and serviced apartments. They each have their place.  Never spent a grand a night, either. 

If I’m going for a city break a decent hotel is my first choice. 

Horses for courses.  A hotel would be my last choice of the options available.  

Anyway, was only mentioned because cambon was adamant the UK was closed and there was nowhere to stay when in fact there are thousands of places at every budget and everywhere is open in a couple of weeks anyway.

• Like 1

''    A hotel would be my last choice of the options available   ''.

Even ten years ago? New fangled systems!

Is Air b... any or Manx Homestay any better than 'Buy to Let'?

Black economy, we all lose out in the long run!

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Horses for courses.  A hotel would be my last choice of the options available.  

Anyway, was only mentioned because cambon was adamant the UK was closed and there was nowhere to stay when in fact there are thousands of places at every budget and everywhere is open in a couple of weeks anyway.

The UK is basically closed until 17 May. Hotels , as I demonstrated earlier, only take bookings for essential workers. It is illegal to stay the night in someone else's house. So you cannot stay in a B&B, or with relatives. Air B&B is a potential grey area, but only a tiny part of tourism. 

Yes, everywhere is potentially open in a couple of weeks.

BUT THEY ARE NOT NOW! 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

So you cannot stay in a B&B, or with relatives. Air B&B is a potential grey area, but only a tiny part of tourism.

AirBnB, lodge parks, resort complexes, static caravan sites, camp sites. All receiving massive bookings. You don’t really seem to have much of a grip on what the UK tourist sector is comprised of. 

• Like 2