IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Jersey = using the tools available and communicating to the population how they are going to use them and why.

IOM = me, let's see what happens.  We are stubbornly going to stay away from lateral flow testing despite the UK using it as a significant part of its armoury against excessive undetected spread.

"

‘The approach taken by Jersey has been a balance of all risks so we do want to progress down the reconnection road – which, for an Island, invariably requires consideration of connectivity with outside the Island,’ he said.

‘But we want to do so safely so we are trying to put in as many safeguards as possible to permit measured reconnection, not just in the Island but with other countries too.’

Businesses are being encouraged to register for the testing scheme once it goes live.

‘The more [participants] there are, the better it is, not just from a public-health point of view but also from a business point of view,’ said Dr Muscat.

Chief Minister John Le Fondré said: ‘We have made good progress with the vaccination programme but this was never designed to be a standalone measure. The presence of variants of concern and their global reach remains under close observation.’"

Apparently overseas travel will come online sooner than the doom merchants are predicting if Uk government sources are to be believed 

A government source tells the Times that travellers should be patient for just a few more weeks. The paper says that while Gibraltar and Israel are set to be included on the short "green list" of countries due to be announced this week, the most popular destinations will follow soon.

The source says most of Europe, the Caribbean and the US are expected to feature on the list when it is updated in June.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:24 PM, snowman said:

Doesn't the legislation say you can leave England with 2 days and not require the tests. This is a complete shambles which the IOM Government should be addressing

So I've now managed to get UK Flap and Lace to confirm that I do not need to quarantine there and can travel through to IOM (Yay!) but they still insist that I must buy the two tests (Buh!) even after I point out to them that it makes no sense if I travel on and the test is required for UK isolating people only. They are adamant that this is the correct procedure and have now told me to contact Heathrow border control directly, offering to apologize if they tell me something different. Fun and games...

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Most people wish you would fuck off with your incessant love in with Howie & Ashie!!

Nah, he's quite amusing with it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Banker said:

So basically what several on here have been saying.

Too slow, why not level 2.

To convoluted.

Not enough detail.

And yet the same few on here consistently deny that those are issues.

It was so easy to develop a clear and console strategy several weeks ago that would have seen us at level 2 now and boosted the economy.  They weren't brave or clever enough to do it and we are left in a stupid situation where despite relaxations at the borders there isn't actually any incentive for people to travel and spend money here.

I read hope they see sense and announce soon a full move to unrestricted British travel from 28th May so people can have confidence to get things booked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

There is no way they will have unrestricted travel until they can stop using the airport as a vaccination hub.

Lots of second jabs to administer there between the start of next week and the end of June.

Use Chester Street.  Cost enough 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

Can you imagine how much old people will moan if they have to go somewhere else?

They will have to put the Mannin Line on 24/7

My second jab is booked at the airport after the date we are meant to be going open borders anyway, so they already are opening up while the airport hub is still operating.