IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

There is no way they will have unrestricted travel until they can stop using the airport as a vaccination hub.

Lots of second jabs to administer there between the start of next week and the end of June.

I bet they will solve this little conundrum by sending in the contractors to build a corridor around the hub so new arrivals don’t come into contact with anyone being vaccinated. No doubt it will be another job which will cost a fortune, 

• Haha 1

Any thoughts on the UK opening up earlier than the 21st June. I can’t say I have researched a lot but glossed over more than a couple of articles recently suggesting there is mounting pressure to ease things quicker only balanced really by what’s happening in India.

8 hours ago, 2112 said:

I bet they will solve this little conundrum by sending in the contractors to build a corridor around the hub so new arrivals don’t come into contact with anyone being vaccinated. No doubt it will be another job which will cost a fortune, 

No need. The vaccination hub is on the departures side. Entrance and exit aren’t via the main doors. No cross contamination by arrivals. It’s going be like Hotel California, however. You can arrive, but never checkout and depart.

• Haha 4

It’s still incredibly hard to believe that a group of people genuinely thought the airport departures hall would make for a great vaccination hub.

Short termism & taxpayers cash spunking at its absolute finest.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

It’s still incredibly hard to believe that a group of people genuinely thought the airport departures hall would make for a great vaccination hub.

Short termism & taxpayers cash spunking at its absolute finest.

It was the belief that some sort of semi permanent structure needed erecting at an unnecessary expense in terms of time and money that beggars belief

• Like 2

There are still loads of social media Manx cranks (mainly on Twitter) professing to the notion that the bodies are going to start piling up in Nobles soon.

Mainly whining on about mask wearing (or lack of it) about the place.

They don’t like the fact that mitigation is seen by many as making personal choices.

They want spoon feeding by Howard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

What kind of a fucking mitigation strategy doesn't include ALL the windows on the bus being open? 

'Listen to the science'

Personal responsibility.

If you feel the risk it too high then

A - don't get the bus.

B - wear a mask

C - pull the window open, takes 2 seconds

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Banker said:

But you’re not realistic, your prediction of IOM borders opening September was totally unrealistic as was your constant assertion that UK would not meet roadmap. As for your comments that no accommodation can be booked in Uk , well😂

So, will there be unrestricted, worldwide travel from the uk on 21 June? No.  It was never going to happen. Instead of making Boris and his team look bad by changing the dates, he closed the border with the traffic lights system. 

My prediction was Iom borders would be open in July, but don't expect to much international travel until September. That is now looking unlikely. More like next year.

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Personal responsibility.

If you feel the risk it too high then

A - don't get the bus.

B - wear a mask

C - pull the window open, takes 2 seconds

I opened 4.

My point is, that the outdoor and well ventilated stuff isn't being pushed, despite all the evidence pointing to this being the absolute best form of mitigation possible.

• Like 3