IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

42 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Can I ask what makes our situation different from Jersey or Guernsey?

Ignore the tourist trade, human lives are human lives after all.

Are they just mad Mavericks who wish to see more of their vulnerable killed off than we would?

Are they so far ahead of us in their vaccination programme?

Are their healthcare provisions far more advanced & better prepared than ours?

They border the same country as us, the same level of risk is therefore applicable.

What makes us ‘so special’ that our citizens are denied the same rights?

What makes you think so adamantly that we should do the same? We have no tourists. Family can already come here. Isolation time has been reduced assuming negative tests. How would it benefit anyone? You can go off island if you want. Banker did last year. It didn't worry him. 

Sitting back and seeing how it plays out for them is a great idea while we catch up on second jabs. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Cambon said:

We are already open you could always leave and return, like you did last year.

Well from later this month we will only have to have negative test & release , hopefully before 28/05 if many MHKS get their way.

Don’t think you’re Pitchfork brigade will be happy about that , predicting doom for all!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well from later this month we will only have to have negative test & release , hopefully before 28/05 if many MHKS get their way.

Don’t think you’re Pitchfork brigade will be happy about that , predicting doom for all!!

Yes. Then we will be ahead of Jersey. But you will still be whinging about something. You always do. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

It's crazy how nobody wanted the world locked up during flu season, despite thousands of deaths every year. I guess those deaths were acceptable

Not really - that's why the flu jab was developed.  When flu first hit the streets global travel was less commonplace .. communication was different ... if social media had been about and global communication had been what if is now the reaction to flu would have been a lot different.  Time moved on  a  jab was developed and is tweaked for variants each year - which I am sure you are aware/partake of when offered ..... ...  Prob with Covid is it can affect internal organs/blood vessels and cause long term health problems once apparently over the worst.  I am still suffering 1 year later... so the gung ho its flu get on with it analogy is really quite disturbing.  Whilst both can cause death and debilitation Covid is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mr Roboto said:

What on earth is an avoidable death? You could get hit by a bus tomorrow or die of a heart attack running for one. Do you want government to ban all buses on that basis just in case it happens? Honestly you accuse others of hyperbole and yet you make the most outrageously incorrect over statements time and time again in what honestly just sounds like a deep seated desire to transmit your own paranoia onto other people via osmosis. The one thing people like you seem to really fear is a return to a normal life as some perhaps they think they’ve got power over other people for one time in their lives still by continually trying to scare other idiots half to death with their hysteria and half baked covid stories.

Government is taking away the power from people like you to spread your fear. The rules are going or have gone and the borders will be fully opening very soon whether you like it or agree with it or not. And screwed up irresponsible people like you and others will ultimately be found responsible for an awful lot of suicides and mental health issues in others by using social media to spread your obsessional fear mongering shit. 

The difference here is we can/should be able to properly manage the risk not just hope that the odds are in our favour when we step out the door. Covid is horrible I've had it, lost a friend to it and have a cousin who is a Dr practising in the UK virtually disabled because of long covid - he is young and otherwise fit.... I am sad that so many people cannot see that this is more than just an inconvenience.  I am not saying stay in lockdown but we need to be confident the Gov is giving is the best info so that we can ALL make informed choices in relation to our OWN risk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, daisy said:

I am sad that so many people cannot see that this is more than just an inconvenience.  I am not saying stay in lockdown but we need to be confident the Gov is giving is the best info so that we can ALL make informed choices in relation to our OWN risk.

Mass unemployment, business collapses and spiraling debt is more than just an inconvenience, suicide and mental health issues are more than just an inconvenience. Not getting treated for cancer because the healthcare system is unnecessarily over reacting is not just inconvenient. Elderly people not being able to see their families for what may be the last time is not just an inconvenience. Missing loved ones funerals, and / or last months etc etc is not just an inconvenience. Just stop talking crap and scaremongering. We’re opening up. If you don’t like it get a shovel, dig a hole, get in it and stick a large tarpaulin over yourself until the end of the world arrives. 

Edited by Mr Roboto
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Might be some mileage in rounding all these doomsayers up & throwing them in the Comis at their expense until they think it’s safe to come out.

Could you imagine the massive game of covid “top trumps” they’d all have in the Comis if they were locked up together - who can find on the scariest variant / covid statistics / death numbers etc etc and post them on social media to try to scare others shitless with? 

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

Yes. Then we will be ahead of Jersey. But you will still be whinging about something. You always do. 

How will we be ahead of Jersey, they’ve had borders open since 4/05 & Guernsey following 15/05 !!

Only one whining will be you & pitchfork brigade about a Covid plague coming, hospital overwhelmed etc etc!!

19 minutes ago, Mr Roboto said:

Mass unemployment, business collapses and spiraling debt is more than just an inconvenience, suicide and mental health issues are more than just an inconvenience. Not getting treated for cancer because the healthcare system is unnecessarily over reacting is not just inconvenient. Elderly people not being able to see their families for what may be the last time is not just an inconvenience. Missing loved ones funerals, and / or last months etc etc is not just an inconvenience. Just stop talking crap and scaremongering. We’re opening up. If you don’t like it get a shovel, dig a hole, get in it and stick a large tarpaulin over yourself until the end of the world arrives. 

Hmm guess you are not in a job that requires you to read?  My last paragraph..... I am not saying stay in lockdown but we need to be confident the Gov is giving us the best info so that we can ALL make informed choices in relation to our OWN risk...... ... being debilitated so you cant work is also more than an inconvenience and can lead to spiralling debt and MH issues... this doesn't just affect people at end of life...  there needs to be a balanced approach.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Roboto said:

There is a balanced approach. We’re now taking it. Tough. 

But its not quite balanced yet.... and that's the issue.. Dr Ewart is entrenched in all things UK ....  there is still a floating unknown case on the IOMG dashboard (page 6) - this has been there for days ... this isn't a game.. we can all be adult and make our own call on how we go forward  but we need to know the information we are basing those decisions on is sound.  This isn't India where it has got out of control - we can actually do this more effectively because of our location and size

Edited by daisy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, daisy said:

But its not quite balanced yet.... and that's the issue.. Dr Ewart is entrenched in all things UK .... 

In your opinion, in your opinion, in your opinion FFS. Another online virologist who clearly knows better than all those qualified people running the show. 

Edited by Mr Roboto
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, daisy said:

The difference here is we can/should be able to properly manage the risk not just hope that the odds are in our favour when we step out the door. Covid is horrible I've had it, lost a friend to it and have a cousin who is a Dr practising in the UK virtually disabled because of long covid - he is young and otherwise fit.... I am sad that so many people cannot see that this is more than just an inconvenience.  I am not saying stay in lockdown but we need to be confident the Gov is giving is the best info so that we can ALL make informed choices in relation to our OWN risk.

Mr Roboto your 'laughing' reaction is quite horrific to be honest - how can you find death and long term illness amusing is beyond me. I sincerely hope you do not contract this disease despite your lack of respect for those whose lives have been lost/damaged by it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1