IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

35 minutes ago, Banker said:

How will we be ahead of Jersey, they’ve had borders open since 4/05 & Guernsey following 15/05 !!

Only one whining will be you & pitchfork brigade about a Covid plague coming, hospital overwhelmed etc etc!!

Jersey still has loads of on island restrictions where we don't. Like they only have table service in pubs. Nightclubs and spas/saunas closed. Wear masks in shops, etc. Where we have been free for nearly three weeks.

Borders are not everything! 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, daisy said:

Mr Roboto your 'laughing' reaction is quite horrific to be honest - how can you find death and long term illness amusing is beyond me. I sincerely hope you do not contract this disease despite your lack of respect for those whose lives have been lost/damaged by it.

You clearly take the content of what you post far too seriously. There seem to be a lot like that round here as well. You’re definitely another Ballaugh / Ramsey Covid Coven member just from style alone. Maybe you’d like to declare your qualifications in virology or medicine if you attach so much significance to your opinion on what Dr Ewart should be doing. Thanks. 

Edited by Mr Roboto

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Jersey still has loads of on island restrictions where we don't. Like they only have table service in pubs. Nightclubs and spas/saunas closed. Wear masks in shops, etc. Where we have been free for nearly three weeks.

Borders are not everything! 

What’s your excuse for Guernsey? Explain how in 3 weeks we will be ahead of Channel Islands as you stated?

21 minutes ago, daisy said:

But its not quite balanced yet.... and that's the issue.. Dr Ewart is entrenched in all things UK ....  there is still a floating unknown case on the IOMG dashboard (page 6) - this has been there for days ... this isn't a game.. we can all be adult and make our own call on how we go forward  but we need to know the information we are basing those decisions on is sound.  This isn't India where it has got out of control - we can actually do this more effectively because of our location and size

Are you Cambon, as he posts similar rubbish?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, daisy said:

Not really - that's why the flu jab was developed.  When flu first hit the streets global travel was less commonplace .. communication was different ... if social media had been about and global communication had been what if is now the reaction to flu would have been a lot different.  Time moved on  a  jab was developed and is tweaked for variants each year - which I am sure you are aware/partake of when offered ..... ...  Prob with Covid is it can affect internal organs/blood vessels and cause long term health problems once apparently over the worst.  I am still suffering 1 year later... so the gung ho its flu get on with it analogy is really quite disturbing.  Whilst both can cause death and debilitation Covid is the gift that keeps on giving.

My point was there are posters saying any death from covid isn't acceptable yet for years there have been thousands of death from the flu so why are deaths from the flu acceptable but deaths from covid aren't? 

As I've said elsewhere the pandemic in Britain is over the success of the vaccination in Israel proves that there is minimal risks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

What’s your excuse for Guernsey? Explain how in 3 weeks we will be ahead of Channel Islands as you stated?

I never mentioned Guernsey nor the Channel Islands in general. I only mentioned we will be ahead of Jersey.

You made that up. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Are you Cambon, as he posts similar rubbish?

If you think having relevant info to allow us to make our own decisions and pro-actively manage this is rubbish I pity you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

My point was there are posters saying any death from covid isn't acceptable yet for years there have been thousands of death from the flu so why are deaths from the flu acceptable but deaths from covid aren't? 

As I've said elsewhere the pandemic in Britain is over the success of the vaccination in Israel proves that there is minimal risks.

Any death that can be avoided should be avoided .. deaths from flu/measles/polio etc have been reduced over time... Covid is new and we are still getting to grips ... and  we have the opportunity to do so.  In a few weeks when 2 doses will have been given to the majority then I agree risks should be minimal - we are at the cusp but whilst most still have only one jab we need to remain cautious ....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Because we won’t be posturing war ships at France - your Nirvana near Normandy is a deluded dream - give yourself a day off from hero worshiping a jurisdiction of your own deluded fantasy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Just think of all the tourists queuing up to visit if the island had something like this...

Or even staycation would be good

Couldn't agree more - but here's the difference:

Snowdonia - 6 million people plus within 2 hours drive; cost - half a tank of petrol.

Isle of Man - also with an immediate, proximate catchment of similar numbers (if not more) BUT - a 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 ferry journey with little change from £250.

Now, you're (hypothetically) living in Chester - which one do you go to?

New concerns as Indian Covid variant clusters found across England

Leaked emails show Public Health England assessment of ongoing risk from B16172 variant is ‘high’

Clusters of the Indian variants of Covid-19 have been found across England, including in care homes, the Guardian has learned, amid growing fears about the speed with which they are spreading in communities.

The latest update of case numbers of these variants was due to be published on Thursday. But leaked emails seen by the Guardian show the announcement was delayed until at least Friday because of the local elections.

PHE said the delay was due to “a processing issue”. - Yeah.... Right....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/06/new-concerns-indian-covid-variant-clusters-found-across-england-ongoing-risk-high

1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

Couldn't agree more - but here's the difference:

Snowdonia - 6 million people plus within 2 hours drive; cost - half a tank of petrol.

Isle of Man - also with an immediate, proximate catchment of similar numbers (if not more) BUT - a 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 ferry journey with little change from £250.

Now, you're (hypothetically) living in Chester - which one do you go to?

Why would you bother...?

By Newgate turn South down Park St past the tithe cottages.

The first turning on the right you come to is Albion St.

The building on the corner between Albion St and Park St is The Albion PH. One of the best pubs ever.

You will know you've found the right place if there is a small blackboard on the bar reading:

THIS WEEK'S GUEST LAGER

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT PISS...."

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, P.K. said:

New concerns as Indian Covid variant clusters found across England

Leaked emails show Public Health England assessment of ongoing risk from B16172 variant is ‘high’

Clusters of the Indian variants of Covid-19 have been found across England, including in care homes, the Guardian has learned, amid growing fears about the speed with which they are spreading in communities.

The latest update of case numbers of these variants was due to be published on Thursday. But leaked emails seen by the Guardian show the announcement was delayed until at least Friday because of the local elections.

PHE said the delay was due to “a processing issue”. - Yeah.... Right....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/06/new-concerns-indian-covid-variant-clusters-found-across-england-ongoing-risk-high

Varients of concern, mutatations etc are going to exist for quite some time yet. Interesting to read that the strain found its way into vaccinated care home residents, who although they were admitted to hospital (abudance of caution?) did not get severely ill and are now fine. If that turns out to be the pattern amongst vaccinated, older vulnerable people, I would hope that governments will take measured and proportional measures and not get bounced into a political over reaction by a covid obsessed media. 

• Like 4