IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I was thinking if swabbing crew based on the Ben or Mannanan sailed to Heysham, tested drivers/passengers prior to boarding , the samples can be immediately sent off for testing when the ship departs. 

Just a thought what could be done

I get your point, but presumably you would want to test drivers and pax prior to boarding at Heysham.  You have then got to get the swabs to a  lab for analysis. Which lab, if it is the IOM  you would have to get the results back before disembarkation to give those positives an isolation notice. 

The only way testing prior to embarkation would work is either if you use an instant results test, which are currently limited  reliability, or you test well in advance of the sailing to allow the swabs to be sent here, analysed and results returned.

Unless I have missed something. 

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

Quite. But if you're just a bean-counter or whatever it doesn't really matter.

The 7-38-55 rule

The 7-38-55 rule is a concept concerning the communication of emotions. The rule states that 7 percent of meaning is communicated through spoken word, 38 percent through tone of voice, and 55 percent through body language.

Which is why face-to-face is the only way to build trust.

Which, like most psychological 'facts' that get used in business is a load of old bollocks.  To quote Wiki:

On his website, Mehrabian [to whom the 'rule' is attributed] clearly states:

Total Liking = 7% Verbal Liking + 38% Vocal Liking + 55% Facial Liking. Please note that this and other equations regarding relative importance of verbal and nonverbal messages were derived from experiments dealing with communications of feelings and attitudes (i.e., like–dislike). Unless a communicator is talking about their feelings or attitudes, these equations are not applicable. 

16 hours ago, P.K. said:

New concerns as Indian Covid variant clusters found across England

Leaked emails show Public Health England assessment of ongoing risk from B16172 variant is ‘high’

Clusters of the Indian variants of Covid-19 have been found across England, including in care homes, the Guardian has learned, amid growing fears about the speed with which they are spreading in communities.

The latest update of case numbers of these variants was due to be published on Thursday. But leaked emails seen by the Guardian show the announcement was delayed until at least Friday because of the local elections.

PHE said the delay was due to “a processing issue”. - Yeah.... Right....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/06/new-concerns-indian-covid-variant-clusters-found-across-england-ongoing-risk-high

Some good news on that was reported this morning.

Around 10% of all active cases in the uk are the new Indian variant. It is highly contagious and there has been concern that the current vaccines may be insufficient. However, the variant was detected in a care home where 14 resident had become ill. All 14, who had been fully vaccinated, made a full recovery. 

I think they mentioned all 14 had had Pfifeser. 

51 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Which, like most psychological 'facts' that get used in business is a load of old bollocks.  To quote Wiki:

On his website, Mehrabian [to whom the 'rule' is attributed] clearly states:

Total Liking = 7% Verbal Liking + 38% Vocal Liking + 55% Facial Liking. Please note that this and other equations regarding relative importance of verbal and nonverbal messages were derived from experiments dealing with communications of feelings and attitudes (i.e., like–dislike). Unless a communicator is talking about their feelings or attitudes, these equations are not applicable. 

Putting your faith in Wiki is not something I would do....

I spent 25 years working for a US multinational and like all of them a lot of concepts/training came straight out of Harvard which we all took with a healthy pinch of salt.

The numbers may not be that accurate but the concept is spot on. Especially in sales.

In any event you had to attend the courses to get the boxes ticked....

• Like 1

😃😉

4 hours ago, trmpton said:

45 minutes at a time normally then 15 minutes to check and reply to emails, voicemails (incredibly rare these days) whatsapp, fb messenger etc.

Those Call Center targets are hard! 😉

• Haha 2

UK green list released wef 17/05,Portugal, Gibraltar & Israel plus 9 others, will be reviewed every 3 weeks so Spain & Italy maybe green for early June! 

Travel companies had a good day on stock markets today.

Edited by Banker

Well, here’s the green list. At least two countries won’t let Brits in without expensive hotel quarantine, and some of them are almost impossible to reach, or can only be reached via countries on the amber and red list.

AD9E2B22-4621-45C0-99C6-E34BDB0C333E.jpeg

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Well, here’s the green list. At least two countries won’t let Brits in without expensive hotel quarantine, and some of them are almost impossible to reach.

AD9E2B22-4621-45C0-99C6-E34BDB0C333E.jpeg

Yes don’t fancy 2 weeks in Falkland Islands winter!! Portugal will be popular.

Hopefully IOM will sort out vaccinations on app like UK

Shapps also confirms that those fully vaccinated will be able to show their Covid status on the NHS app from 17 May. 

Those without app can request a letter to verify their vaccination status.

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes don’t fancy 2 weeks in Falkland Islands winter!! Portugal will be popular.

Hopefully IOM will sort out vaccinations on app like UK

Shapps also confirms that those fully vaccinated will be able to show their Covid status on the NHS app from 17 May. 

Those without app can request a letter to verify their vaccination status.

I’ve got the NHS App. It’s available to Manx Residents. Info on it is also shared onto Patient Access.

Effectively it’s Portugal, Israel, Gibraltar. Three. The Italian & Spanish rates have a long way to fall. Not as far as France, Belgium and Netherlands. Stubborn hot spots around Bilbao. 

I’d expect Slovakia, Denmark, Norway  next. In fact Norway has better 14 day rates than Portugal.

I think the interesting indicator is the ECDC test positivity rate and where it’s above or below 4%. That seems to be the best trend indicator.

So the countries that are Green or mainly Green, by end June.

BD111252-6897-4E65-B96F-A15317280FD9.jpeg

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’ve got the NHS App. It’s available to Manx Residents. Info on it is also shared onto Patient Access.

Effectively it’s Portugal, Israel, Gibraltar. Three. The Italian & Spanish rates have a long way to fall. Not as far as France, Belgium and Netherlands. Stubborn hot spots around Bilbao. 

I’d expect Slovakia, Denmark, Norway  next. In fact Norway has better 14 day rates than Portugal.

Thanks, so the NHS app you’ve got shows your Covid vaccinations?

One would hope Manx Care will issue detailed instructions to IOM residents on app & also confirm that letters will be provided to those who don’t have/want it.

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Thanks, so the NHS app you’ve got shows your Covid vaccinations?

One would hope Manx Care will issue detailed instructions to IOM residents on app & also confirm that letters will be provided to those who don’t have/want it.

Yes, as does Patient Access. That’s been fully discussed on here previously, in this thread, at length.

You may be confusing it, that wouldn’t be a surprise, with the NHS Covid App. But there is a work round. I’ve downloaded it and entered a Morecambe post code to register.

dashboard and record as shown on NHS App

8E6241E3-38A6-44DA-8244-CE4C8D7CC845.jpeg

1B924821-BD08-4332-957A-1147224E401B.jpeg

• Thanks 2