IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

My NHS app only shows the first 2 topics

ie

Allergies

Medicines

Why is that do I need to do something different

Get a letter of confirmation from your doctor. Technology is brilliant and internet access over here is very good. Nothing beats the physical though. 

I will get the app, but not rely on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Yes don’t fancy 2 weeks in Falkland Islands winter!! Portugal will be popular.

Hopefully IOM will sort out vaccinations on app like UK

Shapps also confirms that those fully vaccinated will be able to show their Covid status on the NHS app from 17 May. 

Those without app can request a letter to verify their vaccination status.

I am sure you are a little disappointed, but as I said, Boris is sticking with the dates but has effectively closed the borders. 

If you really are desperate, Gib is a great place for a warm, sunny break in May. Biancas by the marina served a fantastic swordfish steak!

Edited by Cambon

44 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

My NHS app only shows the first 2 topics

ie

Allergies

Medicines

Why is that do I need to do something different

No idea. That’s just my listings from last week.

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

I am sure you are a little disappointed, but as I said, Boris is sticking with the dates but has effectively closed the borders. 

If you really are desperate, Gib is a great place for a warm, sunny break in May. Biancas by the marina served a fantastic swordfish steak!

You said no international travel until September so you must be very disappointed to be wrong again 😂

been to Gibraltar many times & no rush to return.Portugal in May suits me fine but going to Cornwall first so have to wait until June when more options probably Spain or Italy by then 

Edited by Banker
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, snowman said:

And there’s a serious issue with the guidance if you are transiting from a third country through the UK to another country in the CTA.

When you transit through the UK

You do not need to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on arrival or on day 2 and day 8.

This applies if you are transiting ‘airside’ or ‘landside’.

There are different rules for Scotland.

If you are transiting landside (entering the UK from outside the Common Travel Area), you must be entering the UK for the sole purposes of continuing a journey to a country outside of the Common Travel Area. You must either:

• remain within your port of entry until your departure from England, or
  • travel directly from your port of entry to another port of departure in England
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

You said no international travel until September so you must be very disappointed to be wrong again 😂

been to Gibraltar many times & no rush to return.Portugal in May suits me fine but going to Cornwall first so have to wait until June when more options probably Spain or Italy by then 

Why would I be disappointed? I want international travel opened as much as you. I just have patience! 

Stember is still realistic for some restriction free international travel. Probably the usa 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And there’s a serious issue with the guidance if you are transiting from a third country through the UK to another country in the CTA.

When you transit through the UK

You do not need to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test on arrival or on day 2 and day 8.

This applies if you are transiting ‘airside’ or ‘landside’.

There are different rules for Scotland.

If you are transiting landside (entering the UK from outside the Common Travel Area), you must be entering the UK for the sole purposes of continuing a journey to a country outside of the Common Travel Area. You must either:

• remain within your port of entry until your departure from England, or
  • travel directly from your port of entry to another port of departure in England

A very interesting point.

I was also concerned by Shapps announcement that the status of a destination country can change with immediate effect. So if someone was visiting a green country which suddenly had several people contract a new variant, it could become red with immediate effect, implying 14 days isolation upon entry to the uk. 

Edited by Cambon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Our one ITU case has passed away unfortunately, quite a young chap too. 

Every fatality leaves friends and family grieving for them.

Unfortunately the Bucket and Spade Brigade on here aren't that bothered....

• Confused 1