IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

24 minutes ago, John Wright said:

so, assuming its a binary, which do you prefer, the list above for England, (and different in Scotland Wales and NI) to apply here but no travel restrictions other than a PCR at arrival, or complete freedom behind a border with 7 day isolation and two tests?

Same restrictions as UK and PCR on arrival please.

Ability to travel is much more important to me than going to the gaitey

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, John Wright said:

so, assuming its a binary, which do you prefer, the list above for England, (and different in Scotland Wales and NI) to apply here but no travel restrictions other than a PCR at arrival, or complete freedom behind a border with 7 day isolation and two tests?

I’m happy to follow the Channel Islands who seem to know what they want & have planned for it.

We are ‘special’ it seems.

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

I simply pointed out the virus was running out of control in India.

The irony is that the worlds biggest vaccine producer will have to massively increase output to vaccinate their own population.

Nobody is safe until we are all safe. That includes those packing their buckets and spades. Obviously I don't care if they go abroad and bring back a dose of something nasty and end up with an arse full of penicillin. However I would care if they brought back the SA variant of covid because our UK vaccines do not perform so well against it....

The bucket and spade brigade is hardly likely to contract STIs.  You misunderstand the demographic; it is the low cost family holidaymakers with relatively unsophisticated requirements other than a beach, who are unlikely to travel abroad.

But let's not let that stop you using a sneering epithet for people who have genuine reasons to get off the island.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

If you read the article you will see what SAGE are proposing.

Unfortunately they would like a TT&I system that worked....

Just out of interest and obviously you don't have to answer.

In 2019 how many times do you think you were off island and for what reasons?

You obviously aren't impacted by travel restrictions in anything like the way many others are

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Just out of interest and obviously you don't have to answer.

In 2019 how many times do you think you were off island and for what reasons?

You obviously aren't impacted by travel restrictions in anything like the way many others are

We made exactly six return trips. All for family reasons.

Now there is no way I am going to feed your laziness. However here is a snippet from the Observer article on SAGE recommending caution. Naturally I have deliberately picked the most contentious I could find:

"Some health experts have called for holidays abroad to be subject to strict controls. Gurch Randhawa, professor of diversity in public health at the University of Bedfordshire, said people should only take holidays in the UK at present.

“Permitting overseas holidays without universal quarantine measures for all countries is not a risk we should take,” he said. “Without strict measures we will have more Covid-19 deaths in the coming months because of imported variants, as vaccines have reduced efficacy against some of these different strains.”

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

We made exactly six return trips. All for family reasons.

Now there is no way I am going to feed your laziness. However here is a snippet from the Observer article on SAGE recommending caution. Naturally I have deliberately picked the most contentious I could find:

"Some health experts have called for holidays abroad to be subject to strict controls. Gurch Randhawa, professor of diversity in public health at the University of Bedfordshire, said people should only take holidays in the UK at present.

“Permitting overseas holidays without universal quarantine measures for all countries is not a risk we should take,” he said. “Without strict measures we will have more Covid-19 deaths in the coming months because of imported variants, as vaccines have reduced efficacy against some of these different strains.”

Ah right.

No no business trips, no work in UK, no training to attend, no suppliers to meet and negotiate with, no similar businesses in the UK to visit and share ideas and concepts with and no leisure travel.

Would explain why its not a big deal to you.  Can you see why it has caused major issues for others?

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Ah right.

No no business trips, no work in UK, no training to attend, no suppliers to meet and negotiate with, no similar businesses in the UK to visit and share ideas and concepts with and no leisure travel.

Would explain why its not a big deal to you.  Can you see why it has caused major issues for others?

Of course I can.

Before I retired I was working for a US multinational and consequently was here, there and everywhere.

That's how I learned that air travel is all about "Hurry up and wait somewhere else..."

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Of course I can.

Before I retired I was working for a US multinational and consequently was here, there and everywhere.

That's how I learned that air travel is all about "Hurry up and wait somewhere else..."

Understood and I do get the hesitance to open up from those it doesn't impact on much.  I get that in those cases it only really adds a small level of risk and no tangible benefit.

I wonder of your opinions would have been the same 30 or 40 yeas ago when you needed open border to earn a crust.

7 hours ago, Banker said:

Well if India spent less on arms, space etc it wouldn’t have a problem, as long as UK keeps most of the concerning countries on red list along with EU then it will not be a major issue unless you want to visit a red country. UK opening up next week with indoor hospitality, shows etc & we need to allow travel without isolation quicker 

Can you explain how hundreds if not thousands of Indians who are flying to the UK via 10 days in Turkey, are not a threat? 

Edited by cheesypeas
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Am I correct is saying that after 29th June ( or earlier) people will be able to come to the Isle of Man with no test or restriction from a  UK Red listed country via an airport in the UK and avoid the 10 days mandatory hotel quarantine in the UK?.

No.

16 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Can you explain how hundreds if not thousands of Indians who are flying to the UK via 10 days in Turkey, are not a threat? 

They’re not as Turkey is on red list so automatic hotels quarantine.Keep up to date!!!