IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Am I correct is saying that after 29th June ( or earlier) people will be able to come to the Isle of Man with no test or restriction from a  UK Red listed country via an airport in the UK and avoid the 10 days mandatory hotel quarantine in the UK?.

Depends who you ask. I know of two people who intend to travel back from a red list country. They are arriving Heathrow, and ‘intend’ to transit directly to the IOM on the same day on a through ticket. They have been told by someone at IOM Govt. that this is fine. We however, are of the opinion that they will be either refused boarding in their red country, because they have no isolation booked at LHR, or they will get stopped at LHR and forced to isolate. Not sure who within Govt here gave them their advice, but it isn’t correct. 

5 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Not on the red list until May 12th. Thousands already made it through. You need to check facts. 

Perhaps but stopped from 4am Wednesday & still need negative test plus further tests which must be pre booked before arrival & home isolation for 10 days so risk mitigation , it’s not just go via turkey and go about normal business as you imply 

Edited by Banker

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Perhaps but stopped from 4am Wednesday & still need negative test plus further tests which must be pre booked & home isolation so risk mitigation , it’s not just go via turkey and go about normal business as you imply 

There’s plenty in the UK already though. Horse, bolted, door. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Depends who you ask. I know of two people who intend to travel back from a red list country. They are arriving Heathrow, and ‘intend’ to transit directly to the IOM on the same day on a through ticket.

That was what I thought people could do. I can imagine that it is possible (if not ethical) to say you are going to the IOM therefore avoiding the hotel quarantine in the UK and when arriving in IOM  just saying that you have been in London for X days therefore avoiding any form of isolation here.

2 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

That was what I thought people could do. I can imagine that it is possible (if not ethical) to say you are going to the IOM therefore avoiding the hotel quarantine in the UK and when arriving in IOM  just saying that you have been in London for X days therefore avoiding any form of isolation here.

Howard said at press conference a while back that all crown dependencies residents have to do whatever quarantine is necessary in UK for red list countries & then quarantine here for whatever IOM has in place ie 7 days at present. UK borders control will not let anyone through from red list as they are taken directly to their booked hotels for 10 days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Perhaps. But the law / rules state that unless you are exempt ie key worker, you must isolate for 10 days on arrival at LHR (you can’t arrive MAN from a red list country). Regardless of travelling onto the IOM. Our dealings with Border Force in the UK do not fill one with confidence, so it would not surprise me in the slightest, if people actually made it through. 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Howard said at press conference a while back that all crown dependencies residents have to do whatever quarantine is necessary in UK for red list countries & then quarantine here for whatever IOM has in place ie 7 days at present. UK borders control will not let anyone through from red list as they are taken directly to their booked hotels for 10 days.

Fuck me ! Something we agree on ! Pass the champagne. 

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Are we to expect U.K. hospitals being overwhelmed within weeks?

What are you saying?

Banker said there was no threat from India due to red list. I’m pointing out that’s not entirely true. 

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Banker said there was no threat from India due to red list. I’m pointing out that’s not entirely true. 

I agree. There’s always a risk.

How do some people survive the day?

I bet the toaster popping in the morning gives them the shits ......

Back to bed & Netflix, that’s enough stress for the day. Jesus wept.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Chris Witty didn’t seem overly concerned 

image.thumb.png.2c34ca6e8d542c11da82402f2198ddac.png

He was concerned though because he mentioned the sudden growth of variant B.1.617.2 and how PHE were throwing resources at testing and so on to "get ahead of the curve" of this variant.

In any event what part of "Variant of Concern" is it that you don't understand...?