IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Am I correct is saying that after 29th June ( or earlier) people will be able to come to the Isle of Man with no test or restriction from a  UK Red listed country via an airport in the UK and avoid the 10 days mandatory hotel quarantine in the UK?.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57059988

so the UK reopens, but the Isle of Man remains shut?

HQ needs too announce an end to isolation and testing with pretty much immediate effect for travellers.

We are rapidly getting left behind by the rest of the British Isles who are clearly all working off data that shows the real danger is gone.

There were 0 COVID related deaths in England, Scotland or NI yesterday.  The 7 day average is now 10 deaths a day.  That is a tiny, tiny number.

Get the tourist trade booming over the next few weeks Howard!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, snowman said:

This is what Jersey is up to....if you're vaccinated....

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/05/10/jersey-moves-england-to-coronavirus-green-list/

Bloody hell, Cambon, PK , Cheesynob etc would have heart attacks when that comes in here 😂

Here’s press reports 

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/05/10/vaccine-passports-to-be-introduced-for-travel-to-jersey/

Edited by Banker

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Bloody hell, Cambon, PK , Cheesynob etc would have heart attacks when that comes in here 😂

Here’s press reports 

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/05/10/vaccine-passports-to-be-introduced-for-travel-to-jersey/

It is beyond ridiculous now.  I like many, many others have loads I need to do in the UK and simply can't go and then have to effectively isolate for 10 days (I can't return to work after 7).

We must be close to a point where people start really complaining.  And I don't want to hear "it is only a few more weeks" it has been over a year and there was zero justification for not allowing family with tests last year and now there is no reason at all not to move straight to what was planned at end of June.

Do what Jersey are doing and do it NOW.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Terrific stuff. Love the capitals.  who is going to pay my underpants bill though?

A few teeth marks do not constitute an irrecoverable underwear situation....

IOM covid deaths 29.

Jersey covid deaths probable 71.

It seems they're not even sure of the cause of the fatalities....

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

A few teeth marks do not constitute an irrecoverable underwear situation....

IOM covid deaths 29.

Jersey covid deaths probable 71.

It seems they're not even sure of the cause of the fatalities....

From ages ago.  What has that got to do with anything?

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

From ages ago.  What has that got to do with anything?

The figures would strongly suggest that IOMG handled the pandemic rather better than Jersey did.

But hey, keep the pressure on IOMG based on a poorer performance by Jersey why don't you....?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

The figures would strongly suggest that IOMG handled the pandemic rather better than Jersey did.

But hey, keep the pressure on IOMG based on a poorer performance by Jersey why don't you....?

In my view, the time has come to look forward rather than back

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Based on your logic of deaths then France handled the pandemic better than UK and where are they now?

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Based on your logic of deaths then France handled the pandemic better than UK and where are they now?

Still some way behind the UK's fatality rate....

Why do you ask?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The discussion now is about moving forward, not looking back.

They are making us look like idiots now.

• Haha 1