IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, snowman said:

A true man would have booked to travel early July. 

We have finally booked outbound on 22nd May.  Means we can do 7 days away then come back and only isolate for a few hours which we would basically do anyway by the time we get car home, unloaded etc.

Hopefully they will have announced we don't even need to do that by then.

8 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Do not be underwhelmed, there is further good news coming this Thursday.

There is a genuine realisation amongst the Covid Emergency Planning Group (whatever the **** that is & whoever the **** they are) that our isolation requirements are not keeping pace with the rapidly improved U.K. situation.

Expect a run on candles & tins of corned beef Friday when our friends amongst us here learn they’ll soon be mixing with disease riddled come overs.

Well Jersey announcement will have ramped pressure up , hopefully some sensible announcement this week on easing restrictions quicker.

16 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Do not be underwhelmed, there is further good news coming this Thursday.

There is a genuine realisation amongst the Covid Emergency Planning Group (whatever the **** that is & whoever the **** they are) that our isolation requirements are not keeping pace with the rapidly improved U.K. situation.

Expect a run on candles & tins of corned beef Friday when our friends amongst us here learn they’ll soon be mixing with disease riddled come overs.

I hope you are right. Like others, I thought this was going to be the 'brace brace' news and not the underwhelming news about HQ. If we don't open up now we are missing a great opportunity.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Out of the blue said:

I am guessing that Howie not standing was the big announcement. Feeling underwhelmed as he puts the suitcase back in the loft 🙁

I thought he had already announced he wasn't standing ages ago. 

Who thought it was a big announcement?  Its a 'meh' announcement as far as I am concerned. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Looks sensible.

No fannying around with an extra three days added of half-arsed measures that were never properly explained. Well, not to me anyway....

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I thought he had already announced he wasn't standing ages ago. 

Who thought it was a big announcement?  Its a 'meh' announcement as far as I am concerned. 

Correct, however, speaking to someone who knows, Howie's ego had come close to persuading him to run again but thankfully he has seen sense and is bowing out. As politicians careers go, he is one of the rare ones who is going at nearly the peak of his popularity, albeit I am not convinced that he was ever as popular as Gef would have him believe.

• Thanks 1