IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Out of the blue said:

Correct, however, speaking to someone who knows, Howie's ego had come close to persuading him to run again but thankfully he has seen sense and is bowing out. As politicians careers go, he is one of the rare ones who is going at nearly the peak of his popularity, albeit I am not convinced that he was ever as popular as Gef would have him believe.

How will the island survive without his steady hand on the tiller?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Looks sensible.

No fannying around with an extra three days added of half-arsed measures that were never properly explained. Well, not to me anyway....

Only thing it doesn't make clear (unless I missed it) is what happens to those who come in with no need to isolate if their day 0 test comes back positive?

Is it just a data capture exercise and they just crack on, or are they then going to have restrictions placed on them that they hadn't planned for?

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Only thing it doesn't make clear (unless I missed it) is what happens to those who come in with no need to isolate if their day 0 test comes back positive?

Is it just a data capture exercise and they just crack on, or are they then going to have restrictions placed on them that they hadn't planned for?

Well that’s only for fully vaccinated so will be extremely rare but assume if positive they & close contact will do 10 days quarantine with 2 more tests 

44 minutes ago, trmpton said:

No. You have to isolate for 14 days and you cannot travel. 

Also, you have to fill in pre-departure registration 48 hours prior to travelling. 

Not exactly free movement, is it? 

https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/Travel/Pages/CoronavirusTravelAdvice.aspx

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The Daily Mail reports that the NHS App will be updated to allow it's use as a form of vaccine certification from next Monday. Perhaps useful if vaccine status were to form part of our border policy in the coming months -as it has in Jersey.

https://mol.im/a/9564321

And how many over here have had both jabs plus two weeks. 

Ashy said he was pressing on with second jabs from yesterday. However, yesterday nearly all were first jabs

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

Also, you have to fill in pre-departure registration 48 hours prior to travelling. 

That is a bit rubbish.  Is a risk I would take as a resident going away and coming g back (I already am this month) but not as a tourist.

We are already scheduled to be no testing from end of June so hopefully they will move that forward to end of May.

6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Well obviously if you test positive you have to isolate that’s the same worldwide!! Travel details also have to be filled in worldwide, you say anything negative to avoid the fact everywhere is moving in except IOM.

No doubt you will be panicking this week when easing of restrictions for Iom announced , get that tinned food in for bunker Cambon, you’ll need it 😂

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well obviously if you test positive you have to isolate that’s the same worldwide!! Travel details also have to be filled in worldwide, you say anything negative to avoid the fact everywhere is moving in except IOM.

No doubt you will be panicking this week when easing of restrictions for Iom announced , get that tinned food in for bunker Cambon, you’ll need it 😂

I view that as telling it exactly as it is.

It's up to the individual where they set their "acceptable risk" boundaries. You can mock them all you like which is a bit silly really when individual circumstances are obviously going to vary enormously.

It's the 150th Anniversary of Aida at the Areni di Verona this year. Gutted.

21 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I view that as telling it exactly as it is.

It's up to the individual where they set their "acceptable risk" boundaries. You can mock them all you like which is a bit silly really when individual circumstances are obviously going to vary enormously.

It's the 150th Anniversary of Aida at the Areni di Verona this year. Gutted.

Italy have announced they are accepting tourists from later this month as they open up museums etc.

Been to Verona, can’t stand opera but the amphitheater & whole town are very impressive 

No cases at all for 9 days now, including all those travelling now family can visit.

Loads of cars at the grandstand this morning.

Level in the UK really are very low now despite the recent easing of restrictions.

Vaccines work and we and the UK have now hit a point where risk is negligible.

Great to see things starting to get back to normal through the UK and here.  Still time to have an awesome summer of they pull their fingers out.

• Like 4