IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well obviously if you test positive you have to isolate that’s the same worldwide!! Travel details also have to be filled in worldwide, you say anything negative to avoid the fact everywhere is moving in except IOM.

No doubt you will be panicking this week when easing of restrictions for Iom announced , get that tinned food in for bunker Cambon, you’ll need it 😂

Sorry banker, you are simply wrong. IOM is ahead of nearly everywhere, and if we play our cards right, we will continue to be. It is likely that by the end of May, we will have the 0/8 release on negative day 0 test. It is also likely by the end of June we will have free movement to UK. By then the majority of second jabs will have been done and we will have relative herd immunity from the old variants plus considerable protection against existing VOCs. There is no point in bringing anything forward just so you can go on your holibobs

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

That is a bit rubbish.  Is a risk I would take as a resident going away and coming g back (I already am this month) but not as a tourist.

It is basically aimed at residents and family visiting, not so much tourists yet. 

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

Sorry banker, you are simply wrong. IOM is ahead of nearly everywhere, and if we play our cards right, we will continue to be. It is likely that by the end of May, we will have the 0/8 release on negative day 0 test. It is also likely by the end of June we will have free movement to UK. By then the majority of second jabs will have been done and we will have relative herd immunity from the old variants plus considerable protection against existing VOCs. There is no point in bringing anything forward just so you can go on your holibobs

Says the person advocating level 2 by September 😂

Cambon 16/04!!

However, if you think you are going anywhere outside the uk anytime soon,you will be sadly disappointed, because by the time Boris allows overseas travel, he will be insisting on 10 days to 2 weeks isolation. Iom will follow suit. Boris has basically, finally closed uk borders Iom style just a year too late. 

I stand by the fact that we will not be borders level 2 or lower before September. 

Edited by Banker

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Says the person advocating level 2 by September 😂

Cambon 16/04!!

However, if you think you are going anywhere outside the uk anytime soon,you will be sadly disappointed, because by the time Boris allows overseas travel, he will be insisting on 10 days to 2 weeks isolation. Iom will follow suit. Boris has basically, finally closed uk borders Iom style just a year too late. 

I stand by the fact that we will not be borders level 2 or lower before September. 

Don't you feel in the least but stupid continually quoting this time after time after time ? 

What are you 12?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well until you get it right Cambon!!!

I am right. How many green list countries are there? 12. 8 are either inaccessible through distance, or have their own border restrictions meaning you cannot go. The others are Iceland, Gibraltar, Portugal and Israel.

Israel is in domestic turmoil. Portugal and Iceland are still half closed due to restrictions and curfews. Which leaves you with Gibraltar which also still has restrictions. 

Just because a country is on the green list does not make traveling there desirable or sensible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I am right. How many green list countries are there? 12. 8 are either inaccessible through distance, or have their own border restrictions meaning you cannot go. The others are Iceland, Gibraltar, Portugal and Israel.

Israel is in domestic turmoil. Portugal and Iceland are still half closed due to restrictions and curfews. Which leaves you with Gibraltar which also still has restrictions. 

Just because a country is on the green list does not make traveling there desirable or sensible. 

I dont know about Israel, what I see happening there as a holiday experience would be more desirable than coming here to stay in a prom hotel. 🙂

• Haha 1