IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I hope they’ve got those SeaCat engines sorted, she’s going to be handling some traffic from the end of May ......

Looking at the foot passenger fare for 28th June on the Heysham - IOM, the IOMSP still expect the grand opening to be that date

9 minutes ago, trmpton said:

If they said there were a thousand positive cases having tested all 85000 of us on on eBay is that a bad thing with the current level of vaccinations?

It will be a bad thing for the thousand unfortunates because they won't be able to travel anywhere....

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, snowman said:

Looking at the foot passenger fare for 28th June on the Heysham - IOM, the IOMSP still expect the grand opening to be that date

I take it that's as in a £grand...?

7 minutes ago, snowman said:

If we’ve got a boat! Ben out until at least end of May, let’s hope SeaCat doesn’t break down!

35 minutes ago, trmpton said:

But what data do you want?

It won't be relevant to the current situation.

If they said there were a thousand positive cases having tested all 85000 of us on one day is that a bad thing with the current level of vaccinations?

That is my point the current level of vaccinations is the concern just now - we are not there yet!!!! what is the variant of this unknown case? is this a new variant that may or may not be out there - bit like Kent was earlier this year..... or a variant that may evade the vaccine or is this  just the click of an admin officers mouse that should have removed this enigma from the dashboard?  Of course Covid isn't going away overnight/ever but we shouldn't stop collecting/publishing accurate data until we are sure we are protected as best we can be and for the next few weeks until everybody that has had the 2 jabs 'we' should be sure the information published is accurate as it can be.

Edited by daisy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, daisy said:

Of course Covid isn't going away overnight/ever but we shouldn't stop collecting/publishing accurate data until we are sure we are protected as best we can be and for the next few weeks until everybody that has had the 2 jabs 'we' should be sure the information published is accurate as it can be.

If you accept that COVID isn’t going away, and you consider yourself vulnerable, you should assume that at some point you are going to come into contact with the virus and take steps you deem necessary to protect yourself. At this stage of the game case numbers are not really indicative of illness numbers and many asymptotic people may be wandering around without ever being tested. The obsession with case numbers is unhealthy.

3fm took to reporting today that someone is in intensive care, but it would appear this is an existing case, not news. If so, they’re just scaremongering, which plays to the fear of some people. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, daisy said:

That is my point the current level of vaccinations is the concern just now - we are not there yet!!!! what is the variant of this unknown case? is this a new variant that may or may not be out there - bit like Kent was earlier this year..... or a variant that may evade the vaccine or is this  just the click of an admin officers mouse that should have removed this enigma from the dashboard?  Of course Covid isn't going away overnight/ever but we shouldn't stop collecting/publishing accurate data until we are sure we are protected as best we can be and for the next few weeks until everybody that has had the 2 jabs 'we' should be sure the information published is accurate as it can be.

You seem to be getting wound up by something that really isn't important.

It's not an unknown case, it is a 14 day old case that for some reason they haven't associated with a postcode. 

Go and put the kettle on and have a cup of tea and relax 😌 - life is to short to waste time stressing over trivial things.

41 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It will be a bad thing for the thousand unfortunates because they won't be able to travel anywhere....

For a fortnight.  Then they can go anywhere that fully vaccinated people can go , vaccine or not

A dose of covid that you likely won't notice is actually a headstart for a young person who won't have two doses for ages.

A vaccine passport doesn't just mean you need two doses - obviously 

Edited by trmpton

3 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

If you accept that COVID isn’t going away, and you consider yourself vulnerable, you should assume that at some point you are going to come into contact with the virus and take steps you deem necessary to protect yourself. At this stage of the game case numbers are not really indicative of illness numbers and many asymptotic people may be wandering around without ever being tested. The obsession with case numbers is unhealthy.

3fm took to reporting today that someone is in intensive care, but it would appear this is an existing case, not news. If so, they’re just scaremongering, which plays to the fear of some people. 

I would prefer to live a relatively normal life thank you and if the information is out there that is do-able.... once I have had my 2nd jab and the rest of IOM is in similar position that of course will make a difference - I thought I had made that clear by using words ' for the next few weeks until everybody that has had the 2 jabs'.. just making sure the info we have is clear and correct until I/we are as protected we we can be ... is that too much/too hard????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

You seem to be getting wound up by something that really isn't important.

It's not an unknown case, it is a 14 day old case that for some reason they haven't associated with a postcode. 

Go and put the kettle on and have a cup of tea and relax 😌 - life is to short to waste time stressing over trivial things.

Edited by daisy

7 minutes ago, daisy said:

I would prefer to live a relatively normal life thank you and if the information is out there that is do-able.... once I have had my 2nd jab and the rest of IOM is in similar position that of course will make a difference - I thought I had made that clear by using words ' for the next few weeks until everybody that has had the 2 jabs'.. just making sure the info we have is clear and correct until I/we are as protected we we can be ... is that too much/too hard????

Yeah I need to get to Primark!

16 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

3fm reported the other day that the lighthouses on the Calf of Man were designed by Robert Louis Stevenson 

• Like 1