IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Level 2, yes, but laced with stipulations & restrictions no doubt.

We all know it should be as simple as a negative entry test & off you pop son but somehow this administration will release small print that even a Philadelphia lawyer would struggle to understand!

Cases spiking in Indian communities through Bolton & Blackburn ... no surprise as Boris closed the door on them far too late & many got back in. Also, many BAME’s won’t take the vaccine.

It's approaching the point now where the unvaccinated cannot expect the majority of the population to remain locked down with the border closure. 

If people have yet to be vaccinated then they have the choice to remain at home in isolation until they get it. Evidence from Van Tam said the Indian variant is not likely to be able to evade vaccines. Vaccines stop most people becoming seriously ill/hospitalised. So what's the issue? 

Personally I suspect Boris and his pals welcome a spike in Bolton/Greater Manchester as they'll be able to promote a regional lockdown. Just the thing they want to put Super Mayor Andy Burnham back into his box.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Level 2, yes, but laced with stipulations & restrictions no doubt.

We all know it should be as simple as a negative entry test & off you pop son but somehow this administration will release small print that even a Philadelphia lawyer would struggle to understand!

Cases spiking in Indian communities through Bolton & Blackburn ... no surprise as Boris closed the door on them far too late & many got back in. Also, many BAME’s won’t take the vaccine.

Guernsey released their latest UK map showing lots of regions still in amber ie 7 days isolation, this caused such an outcry they have now stated that Southampton, Poole & Portsmouth ie the main transit ports will all be classed as green ie negative test & release no matter what the region cases are !!

https://www.channel103.com/news/guernsey-news/transit-via-southampton-portsmouth-and-poole-wont-affect-categorisation/

Edited by Banker

Latest data shows vaccinations stoping vaccinations despite lockdown easing 

The European Medicines Agency said on Wednesday it was "pretty confident" that vaccines currently in use are effective against the Indian variant - a view echoed by some British scientists.

According to data from the latest round of the React-1 study, prevalence of COVID-19 infections dropped by 50% between March and early May - indicating the success of the vaccine rollout despite the relaxation of lockdown.

10 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

Am I right in saying were are getting an announcement on travel restrictions easing today? 

Any sensible person would believe so given the next important milestone date is a mere two weeks away (if not before).

CoMin is in session this morning, no doubt mulling & pouring over their latest scientific data provided by Dave from ‘The Caff’ by the Bus Station.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Any sensible person would believe so given the next important milestone date is a mere two weeks away (if not before).

CoMin is in session this morning, no doubt mulling & pouring over their latest scientific data provided by Dave from ‘The Caff’ by the Bus Station.

I'll be listening. 

54 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

Am I right in saying were are getting an announcement on travel restrictions easing today? 

Yes. I now permit you to walk from your kitchen to your garden.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, snowman said:

What does level 2 mean for an island resident?

I think I understand what it means for visitors

Level 2 - Non-essential sponsored travel with no isolation
  • Isle of Man residents and key workers able to freely travel - air or sea
  • residents and businesses able to 'sponsor' visitors
  • Potentially requirement for self-isolation removed
  • Those entering required to complete Landing Form for contact tracing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlanShimmin said:

It's approaching the point now where the unvaccinated cannot expect the majority of the population to remain locked down with the border closure. 

If people have yet to be vaccinated then they have the choice to remain at home in isolation until they get it. Evidence from Van Tam said the Indian variant is not likely to be able to evade vaccines. Vaccines stop most people becoming seriously ill/hospitalised. So what's the issue? 

Personally I suspect Boris and his pals welcome a spike in Bolton/Greater Manchester as they'll be able to promote a regional lockdown. Just the thing they want to put Super Mayor Andy Burnham back into his box.

Where do you get this idea from that the unvaccinated expect the majority of the population to stay locked down?

As you gain most of the vaccines' protection from the first dose and the second is to boost longevity there are obvious advantages to be had from vaccinating the bulk of your population before rolling out the second doses.

Especially as the spike in cases in Bolton is being driven by the under-25's. Which is why that nice Andy Burnham has asked for vaccines for the younger age group in that area.

Andy Burnham is honest, decent, hardworking, reliable - none of which words apply to Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. Burnham received 67% of the vote. His nearest rival was the tory on 19%. I suspect attempts to "put him back in his box" whatever that is are doomed to failure....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:
Level 2 - Non-essential sponsored travel with no isolation
  • Isle of Man residents and key workers able to freely travel - air or sea
  • residents and businesses able to 'sponsor' visitors
  • Potentially requirement for self-isolation removed
  • Those entering required to complete Landing Form for contact tracing

This is the most risk averse cabal (CoMin) of politicians in the British Isles.

’Potentially’ is the keyword here.

Let’s see that data lads, eh.

E994910F-445A-43CB-8710-317605420E04.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

This is the most risk averse cabal (CoMin) of politicians in the British Isles.

’Potentially’ is the keyword here.

Let’s see that data lads, eh.

E994910F-445A-43CB-8710-317605420E04.jpeg

Thank goodness for that! Having had two periods of self-isolation I really don't want a third!