IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning are drip feeding the juicy cuts from Mark Woodward’s appearance at the Tynpotwald Racket Inquiry, 

MW says IOMG treated staff like Lepers. I would say that’s true, they were thrown under the bus by HRH The Chief Minister and Ashie and made to feel like Pariahs. Short of timing the bell and shouting ‘unclean’ and ‘bring out your dead’.

I don’t think this inquiry will do wonders for the reputation of one or two members of COMIN. Certainly damaging for anyone wishing to stand as Chief Minister. 

What nonsense. If the SPCo didnt like the terms of the exemption, surely it's their job to challenge it, not just say, yeah, itll be reet, we'll just pretend we didnt realise. It's a legal document and failure to comply is a criminal offence. 

We all agree that isolation was not practical but that's not the point.

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

It's a legal document and failure to comply is a criminal offence. 

....did they break the law then? Should the bobbies be told ?

It's a massive communications breakdown but who is at fault will be difficult to determine. But as our one last essential lifeline and bringing in people essential to the island surely someone could have checked our only route into the island was a secure as possible, irrespective of who was in charge or when or whatever meetings were held.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Apple said:

....did they break the law then? Should the bobbies be told ?

It's a massive communications breakdown but who is at fault will be difficult to determine. But as our one last essential lifeline and bringing in people essential to the island surely someone could have checked our only route into the island was a secure as possible, irrespective of who was in charge or when or whatever meetings were held.

Yes that's a fair point. No one involved comes out of it well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Anyway, enough Steam Packet talk.

Everyone here knows 100% that nothing, nada, zip, add to infinitum will come of the enquiry. It’s how it works here.

Happy Guernsey Reopening Day!

Yes. Also interesting that they still have briefings so that the population know what's going on.

https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/05/13/borders-eased-for-travellers-from-southwest-and-wales/

They seem to have the capability to make sensible and rational decisions and then communicate them.

Cases slightly on the rise as expected in UK, so will our walters use this as an excuse to say the unrealistic and stupid per 100,000 figure is now to high to ease restrictions?

Surely a better indicator of rates is percentage of tests taken that are positive.  Currently 0.2% which was only ever that low last July.  Even that is fairly academic as those positive tests shouldn't be translating to illness and hospital admissions in any real numbers.

14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

When are you leaving?

As soon as our ridiculous isolation rules are relaxed my friend.

Please shut the door behind me on my way out.

I’ll be back to see you again though, don’t fret ... xxxxx

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

As soon as our ridiculous isolation rules are relaxed my friend.

Please shut the door behind me on my way out.

I’ll be back to see you again though, don’t fret ... xxxxx

I am booked for next week on the assumption they will follow the exit framework they published.

Of course, being the Isle of Man they haven't told us yet, so there is a chance I will have to cancel.

Shambles 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

I am booked for next week on the assumption they will follow the exit framework they published.

Of course, being the Isle of Man they haven't told us yet, so there is a chance I will have to cancel.

Shambles 

Bon chance mon ami :0)

On 5/11/2021 at 8:22 AM, Nom de plume said:

Do not be underwhelmed, there is further good news coming this Thursday.

There is a genuine realisation amongst the Covid Emergency Planning Group (whatever the **** that is & whoever the **** they are) that our isolation requirements are not keeping pace with the rapidly improved U.K. situation.

Expect a run on candles & tins of corned beef Friday when our friends amongst us here learn they’ll soon be mixing with disease riddled come overs.

Well ?

16 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Just in ...

Announcement Monday!

Vault me.

(PS - trying to be an imparter of info, not the boy who cried wolf)

Joke.

People need to plan.  If they know what they have decided then just put a clear press release out.