IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 hours ago, trmpton said:

Give over.

No testing of arrivals last year but still keeping people's family out?

That didn't need hindsight.  It needed half a braincell 

Testing on arrival was not required. 14 days mandatory isolation and off you go. It was a different, less contagious virus than Kent and Indian variants. Sponsored visits of family were allowed, and many came over. 

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Testing on arrival was not required. 14 days mandatory isolation and off you go. It was a different, less contagious virus than Kent and Indian variants. Sponsored visits of family were allowed, and many came over. 

Have you got bunker stocked up for this afternoon’s announcement?

6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

And many were refused.  And the point is they should have been testing people, if they had we wouldn't have had lockdown 2

The point is they should have let people in but tested them.

Edited by trmpton

So since they allowed people to start travelling in again, and all those people have wasted time and money on isolating and tests, how many cases have they detected being carried back?

I personally know 16 people who came over, had to isolate, had to take extra time of work and had to pay for tests.  Not a positive test amongst them.

2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So since they allowed people to start travelling in again, and all those people have wasted time and money on isolating and tests, how many cases have they detected being carried back?

I personally know 16 people who came over, had to isolate, had to take extra time of work and had to pay for tests.  Not a positive test amongst them.

No positive tests since borders eased to allow families in

15 hours ago, trmpton said:

Faster it spreads faster everyone gets it and faster we reach herd immunity.

As long as it isn't killing previously healthy people or making them very ill then I am honestly past caring

The Royal Bolton hozzie has 26 suspected covid patients with a further 20 covid patients on the wards and 3 more in ICU. Five of those on the wards have had their first jab and one in ICU has had both. Well, vaccines don't work for everyone....

The stupid thing is that most on the wards are eligible to get vaccinated but did not take the opportunity to do so.

20 minutes ago, trmpton said:

On one of our crossings there were 5 cars and 3 pax. About 12 folks? One was carrying the virus.

Having done two stints of self-isolation and been ripped off for £50 a pop testing total £400 I'm in no hurry to repeat the miserable experience....

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The Royal Bolton hozzie has 26 suspected covid patients with a further 20 covid patients on the wards and 3 more in ICU. Five of those on the wards have had their first jab and one in ICU has had both. Well, vaccines don't work for everyone....

The stupid thing is that most on the wards are eligible to get vaccinated but did not take the opportunity to do so.

So?  I am not putting my life on hold for people who didn't get jabbed.

Are you 100 percent sure those people wouldn't have been in hospital anyway?  Its not a surprise if it is spreading that when you test a cross section of the populations (in this case hospital admissions) some of them test positive

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So?  I am not putting my life on hold for people who didn't get jabbed.

Are you 100 percent sure those people wouldn't have been in hospital anyway?  Its not a surprise if it is spreading that when you test a cross section of the populations (in this case hospital admissions) some of them test positive

I may sound like God sometimes but I can assure you I'm not.

What a totally daft question.

Just now, P.K. said:

I may sound like God sometimes but I can assure you I'm not.

What a totally daft question.

Not really, as without that information your figures about numbers in hospital mean absolutely nothing.

All it shows is that the virus is spreading through the population in that area - and we all know that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, trmpton said:

And we had "unknown" cases in the community since lockdown 3 and no one died, no one got sick, and it hardly seems to have spread like wildfire does it?

Given that the February outbreak here started from a single case and led to about 1140 spreading like wildfire is pretty much exactly what happens.  Just because a single case doesn't lead to an outbreak doesn't mean that none of them will.

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Given that the February outbreak here started from a single case and led to about 1140 spreading like wildfire is pretty much exactly what happens.  Just because a single case doesn't lead to an outbreak doesn't mean that none of them will.

What happened in February with eh vaccination status as it was then is not in anyway relevant to what might happen in May, June, July or August.  Not even close

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Not really, as without that information your figures about numbers in hospital mean absolutely nothing.

All it shows is that the virus is spreading through the population in that area - and we all know that.

[Deep Sigh]

The figures mean exactly as stated.

Go to this site https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Scroll down to "How many cases and deaths in your area"

In the box for postcode or council put in Bolton as in the place in question and bug the "find" button.

Underneath will appear the figures for Notlob. Scroll down and on the right you will find a graph that shows the age demographic seven-day average daily case rate. The rate for ages 60+ is about 5 and going down. The rate for ages 0-59 is about 35 and rising exponentially.

Here is the link for the Royal Bolton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust:

https://www.boltonft.nhs.uk/2020/09/increase-in-covid-patients-at-royal-bolton-hospital

If you are that desperate to nitpick in your quest to justify the scenario you want you could always contact them for details. I'm sure they have nothing better to do than answer your inane questions...

• Haha 1