IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

[Deep Sigh]

The figures mean exactly as stated.

Go to this site https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Scroll down to "How many cases and deaths in your area"

In the box for postcode or council put in Bolton as in the place in question and bug the "find" button.

Underneath will appear the figures for Notlob. Scroll down and on the right you will find a graph that shows the age demographic seven-day average daily case rate. The rate for ages 60+ is about 5 and going down. The rate for ages 0-59 is about 35 and rising exponentially.

Here is the link for the Royal Bolton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust:

https://www.boltonft.nhs.uk/2020/09/increase-in-covid-patients-at-royal-bolton-hospital

If you are that desperate to nitpick in your quest to justify the scenario you want you could always contact them for details. I'm sure they have nothing better to do than answer your inane questions...

Sigh

"Virus spreads in unvaccinated people and also infects some who have been vaccinated and are in hospital for other reasons" shocker.  Hardly headline news is it? Unless people just want to spread doom and gloom.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Sigh

"Virus spreads in unvaccinated people and also infects some who have been vaccinated and are in hospital for other reasons" shocker.  Hardly headline news is it? Unless people just want to spread doom and gloom.

You like to label facts as "doom and gloom" for no other reason than they don't suit your narrative.

A very blinkered and shallow way of viewing things IMHO of course....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

It’s nice to know we are finally getting back to normal & travelling to the U.K. will be back soon with relatively acceptable restrictions on return.

If tests are now a more realistic £30 what are my chances of claiming £160 back for being ripped off previously?

I'm sure the original £50 charge was just plucked out of the air but it fulfilled two purposes:

a) It deterred people from travelling

b) Those that did travel turned a healthy profit for IOMG

Can't fault the logic but morally it sucks...

21 minutes ago, P.K. said:

If tests are now a more realistic £30 what are my chances of claiming £160 back for being ripped off previously?

I'm sure the original £50 charge was just plucked out of the air but it fulfilled two purposes:

a) It deterred people from travelling

b) Those that did travel turned a healthy profit for IOMG

Can't fault the logic but morally it sucks...

How can it be a rip off if:

1. You had an option

2. You knew the cost in advance.

3. It was the same price when you left as the price when you returned. 

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

How can it be a rip off if:

1. You had an option

2. You knew the cost in advance.

3. It was the same price when you left as the price when you returned. 

Think of it like this.

That nice Dr Rachel Glover costed out the materials used. I can't remember the actual figure but it was well sub £20. Which leaves the staff cost and as we all know that is usually the most expensive bit.

However as I understand it the staff are all NHS and I've already paid for them. Now unless their deployment carried a cost, like having to be back-filled by agency staff which I very much doubt, then adding their cost to the testing fee means I'm paying twice for the same level of service.

That's called ripping people off...

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Think of it like this.

That nice Dr Rachel Glover costed out the materials used. I can't remember the actual figure but it was well sub £20. Which leaves the staff cost and as we all know that is usually the most expensive bit.

However as I understand it the staff are all NHS and I've already paid for them. Now unless their deployment carried a cost, like having to be back-filled by agency staff which I very much doubt, then adding their cost to the testing fee means I'm paying twice for the same level of service.

Sounds more like poor value at worst. A Rip off (in my world) is much worse than that.

26 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Think of it like this.

Be interesting to know how the £30 is calculated, Guernsey is £25 & Jersey is free at present 

30 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Think of it like this.

It was £18.75 and that included staff costs (lab and swabbers). which if anything she over-estimated.  But it didn't include overheads and all those managers need to be paid for.

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

It was £18.75 and that included staff costs (lab and swabbers). which if anything she over-estimated.  But it didn't include overheads and all those managers need to be paid for.

How can that possibly be? Surely it depends massively on the number of tests undertaken per day. The staff costs are fixed so if there was only 1 test then you would have all the costs on that one and if there were 700 it would cost 1/700th.

Like I have said before the true cost might be hard to calculate.

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

How can that possibly be? Surely it depends massively on the number of tests undertaken per day. The staff costs are fixed so if there was only 1 test then you would have all the costs on that one and if there were 700 it would cost 1/700th.

Like I have said before the true cost might be hard to calculate.

Not really.

Don't forget the number of paying travellers is a trickle. As I posted about a dozen on one of our sailings.

The rest would presumably be sent there by 111 and they get tested free, gratis and for nothing.

Which makes the £50 charge look even more mean-spirited...