IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Very disappointing to hear that the exit strategy is still only considering UK 14 day case rates rather than how those cases translate into healthcare demand.

These rates are only going to go up as the UK unlocks, so unless there is a change in policy we will indeed become akin to Brigadoon.

If the vaccines do their stuff what do case rates matter?.

If they'd just put it down to the 'India' Variant, I could understand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

Very disappointing to hear that the exit strategy is still only considering UK 14 day case rates rather than how those cases translate into healthcare demand.

These rates are only going to go up as the UK unlocks, so unless there is a change in policy we will indeed become akin to Brigadoon.

Disappointing for hospitality, but for us residents who need to travel it is actually a move forward earlier than expected.

• Like 4

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

The problem is the lag in health care demand figures.

I know that 14 day positive figures also lag, but they even out ups and downs and inconsistencies, which is great on a downward trajectory. They’ll also be keeping an eye on 7 day average rates and testing positivity rates for any up turn.

• Like 1

Just now, trmpton said:

Disappointing for hospitality, but for us residents who need to travel it is actually a move forward earlier than expected.

Yes - that should go without saying. However, they need to move away from the sole reliance on case rates as a driver for changes to the exit strategy. It's not just hospitality, but for airlines and many businesses too.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cambon said:

Neither of them expected anything like this when they signed up and won the popularity contest. I really think they are doing the best they can. And for an insignificant twit like yourself to anonymously castigate them is abhorrent. Could you have done better? NO! Could they have done better with hindsight? Yes. Even you could. However,  it really is time for you to pipe down. The travel restrictions will ease when the time is right. That is not now. 

Wrong again on travel restrictions, is your bunker stocked up😀