IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The problem is the lag in health care demand figures.

I know that 14 day positive figures also lag, but they even out ups and downs and inconsistencies, which is great on a downward trajectory. They’ll also be keeping an eye on 7 day average rates and testing positivity rates for any up turn.

We know that the link between cases and morbidity is being significantly stretched by the vaccines. There appears to be no recognition of this fact in the strategy.

If they stick to the document's trigger points regarding case rates, we will not be getting anywhere near level 2 for a very long time.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Yeah I know.  Thanks for the update.

Had they tested the traveller when they arrived they would have known to test the rest of the household.

They didn't, because they are clueless

The traveller was tested on arrival and day 13. Had they tested on day 7 they would have picked it up. That was also brought in just before Christmas. 

• Haha 1

They might as well cancel all gigs from off Island artists for the rest of the year, plus TT, S100 & MGP for next year if they're going to wait for the UK case rate to drop.  It will rise with things opening up more, but if hospitalisations and deaths don't rise, and IOMG carry on as we are, it will be years before Manx hospitality etc can benefit.  Perhaps they're moving so slowly in the hope that all the roadworks will finally be finished before they let the tourists in.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Blackajah said:

They might as well cancel all gigs from off Island artists for the rest of the year, plus TT, S100 & MGP for next year if they're going to wait for the UK case rate to drop.  It will rise with things opening up more, but if hospitalisations and deaths don't rise, and IOMG carry on as we are, it will be years before Manx hospitality etc can benefit.  Perhaps they're moving so slowly in the hope that all the roadworks will finally be finished before they let the tourists in.  

We will be on Covid-97 before the prom is finished

• Haha 2

If I am interpreting things correctly, anyone who works in health or social care will be pretty much unable to to have a short break in UK unless they take another week and a half off work due to arrivals needing to avoid health and social care setting for 10 days after arriving

Edited by snowman

1 minute ago, Blackajah said:

I have said it before on here.

They tell us not to focus on case numbers (for obvious reasons, they are irrelevant and will rise)

Then use them to determine our way forward.   Absolutely insane.

The general vibe I got today was positive.

I think they will move away from cases in the UK and move everything forward, they are just being careful how they do it so they don't scare the doommongers too much.

I have just booked six separate trips away between now and the end of July in addition to the one already booked in hope.  Finally getting a life back

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

I have just booked six separate trips away between now and the end of July in addition to the one already booked in hope.  Finally getting a life back

7 trips in 9 weeks? What's the fucking point of living here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Blackajah said:

It's as if someone is trying to kill off the tourism and hospitality sectors........................ while saying "we've got to learn to live with Covid19" 

Edited by chris4652009