IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Good as for residents & families but won’t bother you in bunker 😂

Yes good news entirely as predicted

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_677637.html?

The Isle of Man will move to the next phase of the Manx Government’s COVID-19 Exit Framework next Monday, meaning travellers will benefit from shorter periods of self-isolation.

Edited by MarkPark

Seems a lot of the Indian variant spread in Bolton area & others is because lots of the locals refused to get vaccinated for some reasons, 

Bolton, a big push to get more people vaccinated is bearing fruit. 

Health officials are targeting about 10,000 people who are eligible but have yet to come forward, but know that take-up of the vaccine in some parts of the town is lower than the national average.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Which means Ashford must know the true cost.

Care to share....?

When the CM passed the baton to Ashford over the cost of testing I was thinking "Come on, give us the £number, come on!" and I then had to listen to "waffle waffle waffle" followed by the word "subsidised..." 

Well yes, all those folks being referred to testing by 111, GP's etc would be subsidised you clown.

What is the actual £cost per test!

Answer came there none...

4 minutes ago, MarkPark said:

Yes good news entirely as predicted

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_677637.html?

The Isle of Man will move to the next phase of the Manx Government’s COVID-19 Exit Framework next Monday, meaning travellers will benefit from shorter periods of self-isolation.

What was announced today was not a move to Level 2. 

The main point of Level 2 was to allow non resident mitigated travel. (See the IOMG exit strategy document).

The stated reason for this not happening is the UK 14 day case rate being above 30/100K. 

A secondary reason was concern over the impact of the 'India' Variant. 

The point about case rates had been discussed on this thread today.

The reduction of isolation requirements for residents and groups already permitted announced today is welcome, but it is not the major change associated with Level 2.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The main point of Level 2 was to allow non resident mitigated travel. (See the IOMG exit strategy document).

The stated reason for this not happening is the UK 14 day case rate being above 30/100K. 

The reduction of isolation requirements for residents and groups already permitted announced today is welcome, but it is not the major change associated with Level 2.

Very much a delaying tactic.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Which is why I’ve said it’s 2.5 ( may be 2.67 or 2.25 - depending on your viewpoint )

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Flyingfemme said:

I can see this all going "Pete Tong"..........called 111 and you can't book tests until you arrive. Wonder if my UK mobile will "do" IOM specific numbers?

Not being able to pre book a test prior to arrival is ridiculous. It's just another example of the painting by numbers style of approach to so many things on this Island. We should really have the ability to be tested immediately on arrival in any event.

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Which is why I’ve said it’s 2.5 ( may be 2.67 or 2.25 - depending on your viewpoint )

Well I’m very much 2.25 as only bothered about family here & in UK being allowed to travel within UK at present although would like to go to Italy end June if green 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Very much a delaying tactic.

How is it a delaying tactic when they have moved the reduced isolation for family and residents forward by a week and will probably still go to 2 as scheduled.

I might have misinterpreted your post, but I still think they will go to 2 as scheduled at end of next week, and then move the end of June date for no testing forward 

Edited by trmpton

4 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

It's worth remembering that everything that was announced today is provisional. A final decision on whether or not to proceed will be made on Thursday.

But...softy booked 7 trips in 9 weeks whatever will he do if the rules change

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, trmpton said:

How is it a delaying tactic when they have moved the reduced isolation for family and residents forward by a week and will probably still go to 2 as scheduled.

I might have misinterpreted your post, but I still think they will go to 2 as scheduled at end of next week, and then move the end of June date for no testing forward 

They have moved it forward from 29/5 to 24/5 because it's easier to police over a week than a weekend. Surprisingly sensible.

Their concern over the Indian variant (so-called because it comes from India) obviously has to be factored in over the next several days.

These seven trips you've booked - they are all staycations aren't they...?