IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

28 minutes ago, P.K. said:

They have moved it forward from 29/5 to 24/5 because it's easier to police over a week than a weekend. Surprisingly sensible.

Their concern over the Indian variant (so-called because it comes from India) obviously has to be factored in over the next several days.

These seven trips you've booked - they are all staycations aren't they...?

Why do you find it hard to understand people need to travel?

There are loads of people who travel at least once a week.  It might be unusual for you but it really isn't for a lot of people.

I need to go to Liverpool, Sheffield, Reading, Grimsby (wish I didn't) and Bournemouth amonsgt others.

Is it really that hard to comprehend that people have lives and business interests off the island?

Edited by trmpton

I thought today was a false attempt at bullishness and confidence. HQ was positive, DA slightly less so but Dr Hetty was so underwhelming in her attempt at positivity the whole thing fell flat.

DA also said that by altering the vaccine gap to 10 weeks would only gain us 2 weeks. Not only stating the bleedin obvious but also misunderstood the significance. TWO WEEKS. 2 weeks is massive

Edited by Happier diner
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, trmpton said:

There are loads of people who travel at least once a week.  It might be unusual for you but it really isn't for a lot of people.

I need to go to Liverpool, Sheffield, Reading, Grimsby (wish I didn't) and Bournemouth amonsgt others.

Is it really that hard to comprehend that people have lives and business interests off the island?

So what is stopping you now. 1 day isolation when you came back.

42 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So they are all staycations! Very sensible.

But clearly not that important or you would have travelled regardless of self-isolation....

Have to say I would take Grimmo over Reading any day.

Bit surprised Notlob isn't on your list as earlier today you were absolutely fixated  on what was happening in the hospital there. Couldn't you just call in there briefly en route to somewhere else?

News from Reality Land is that Doormatt Hancock now says that the Indian variant (so-called because it comes from India) is now doubling infections in just over 4 days and is set to become the UK variant of choice. So it wasn't doom and gloom as you tried to label it but telling it like it is.

Better get your skates on....

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Serious question, do you really need to be there actually in person for all of those visits?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, P.K. said:

So they are all staycations! Very sensible.

But clearly not that important or you would have travelled regardless of self-isolation....

Have to say I would take Grimmo over Reading any day.

Bit surprised Notlob isn't on your list as earlier today you were absolutely fixated  on what was happening in the hospital there. Couldn't you just call in there briefly en route to somewhere else?

News from Reality Land is that Doormatt Hancock now says that the Indian variant (so-called because it comes from India) is now doubling infections in just over 4 days and is set to become the UK variant of choice. So it wasn't doom and gloom as you tried to label it but telling it like it is.

Better get your skates on....

Do you have any clue what a staycation is?

Those are all trips off island, therefore not staycations  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Serious question, do you really need to be there actually in person for all of those visits?

You should call Richard Branson. Maybe you’ve discovered a whole new niche. Going away on trips without taking yourself. Zoom holidays. It might be better than putting your lottery numbers on. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I thought today was a false attempt at bullishness and confidence. HQ was positive, DA slightly less so but Dr Hetty was so underwhelming in her attempt at positivity the whole thing fell flat.

Ewart shouldn't be addressing the public until it's established if it was her or Mark Woodward who lied and mislead the public. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trmpton said:

How is it a delaying tactic when they have moved the reduced isolation for family and residents forward by a week and will probably still go to 2 as scheduled.

I might have misinterpreted your post, but I still think they will go to 2 as scheduled at end of next week, and then move the end of June date for no testing forward 

I doubt they will proceed to level 2 as planned. To me (for what it's worth) they are looking at any and all excuses. 

• Like 2