IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

Do you have any clue what a staycation is?

Those are all trips off island, therefore not staycations  

Oh dear. 

Still trying to convince that the IOM is nothing like across despite the same language, cuisine (the manx delicacy of stewed Loaghtan ram's horn being a notable exception of course), same cars, same driving on the left, reciprocal health service, climate (while in the UK add at least 25 knots to the wind speed, minus 5 degrees to the temperature and add several feet to the rainfall and you won't notice a difference), same trees, same crops in the fields, same livestock, same wild flowers, same street furniture, same chain stores, same Maccy-D, same B&Q, same M&S, same drug problems, same food banks, same polarisation between the have and have not's, same education system, same useless politicians, same tv programs etc etc etc. 

But otherwise completely different!

The only person you're fooling is yourself....

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, display name said:

No staff over there then?

To clear and sort personal belongings from a deceased relatives house (one example) some of which are personal to me and a major part of my life?

Nope, would rather do that myself thanks.

Example 2, Sheffield.  Elderly relative.  Would rather do that visit myself than send staff on my behalf to be honest.

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

Oh dear. 

Still trying to convince that the IOM is nothing like across despite the same language, cuisine (the manx delicacy of stewed Loaghtan ram's horn being a notable exception of course), same cars, same driving on the left, reciprocal health service, climate (while in the UK add at least 25 knots to the wind speed, minus 5 degrees to the temperature and add several feet to the rainfall and you won't notice a difference), same trees, same crops in the fields, same livestock, same wild flowers, same street furniture, same chain stores, same Maccy-D, same B&Q, same M&S, same drug problems, same food banks, same polarisation between the have and have not's, same education system, same useless politicians, same tv programs etc etc etc. 

But otherwise completely different!

The only person you're fooling is yourself....

You are quite special.  You also seem to assume everyone only needs to travel for holidays.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trmpton said:

To clear and sort personal belongings from a deceased relatives house (one example) some of which are personal to me and a major part of my life?

Nope, would rather do that myself thanks.

Example 2, Sheffield.  Elderly relative.  Would rather do that visit myself than send staff on my behalf to be honest.

The other three not worth mentioning? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, trmpton said:

Why do you find it hard to understand people need to travel?

There are loads of people who travel at least once a week.  It might be unusual for you but it really isn't for a lot of people.

I need to go to Liverpool, Sheffield, Reading, Grimsby (wish I didn't) and Bournemouth amonsgt others.

Is it really that hard to comprehend that people have lives and business interests off the island?

All things considered, especially that we are in the middle of a pandemic, are you quite sure the Isle of Man is the place for you to be living?

Edited by Barlow

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

All things considered, especially that we are in the middle of a pandemic, are you quite sure the Isle of Man is the place for you to be living?

There are hundreds of people for whom pre covid it was very rare for them to spend 7 days straight on island.  Loads of people who for loads of reasons are off island at least once a week.

Just because it isn't your lifestyle doesn't mean it doesn't work for lots of people

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1