IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Anyone said:

It’s time for all travel restrictions to be got rid off and rejoin the world , or at least the UK.  But I suppose a reason will be found not to do so. Makes you wonder why we bothered getting vaccinated.

25% are vaccinated. The rest of us are awaiting second jabs. Had the manufacturers recommendations been adhered to, pretty much all vulnerable people would have had both jabs and we would still be well into single jabs of less vulnerable. 

That is why we still have travel restrictions. 

2 hours ago, Banker said:

The changes in isolation is also good news for families traveling over to IOM as after a test everyone us out of isolation & down to pub or whatever. Before it’s was 7 days + 3 days extra not going anywhere so it put loads of coming over.

Personally I’m not bothered about others coming over but hospitality will be very disappointed again 

You are correct, but for visiting families, that is a risk. Test positive and they are all in isolation and cannot travel.

I agree with changing the rules, but maybe it should have been isolate, and test on day 4 negative test and release. No further test. Day one being the day of travel. That would pick up 90%+ of cases with one test. 

5 hours ago, MarkPark said:

To be honest I can’t see a poster like you seeing anything positive in anything for at least the next decade so your opinion hardly a reliable benchmark. 

You're just grumpy because you've been tabbed.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, display name said:

Are you positive about that?

I’m worried about being positive about anything. It seems to draw adverse attention. I thought the announcement this week was a great step forward. We’re moving back to normal in sensible steps now.

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Where (which areas) is it rising, what is the age demographic, have they been vaccinated, are hospital admissions rising?

You know the answers.

I'm only quoting the figures but it was a quick look.

I'll work it out exactly later this morning.

I'm not worried about it, it's no longer a significant measure as far as I am concerned. But its sitting there in our framework like a sore thumb.

43 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I'm only quoting the figures but it was a quick look.

I'll work it out exactly later this morning.

I'm not worried about it, it's no longer a significant measure as far as I am concerned. But its sitting there in our framework like a sore thumb.

The 30 in 100k is too low & copied from Guernsey who also hit issues so changed the main transit ports to green even though cases are over the threshold. Jersey is 50 in 100k

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

The 30 in 100k is too low & copied from Guernsey who also hit issues so changed the main transit ports to green even though cases are over the threshold. Jersey is 50 in 100k

Even 50 is too low and I wouldn't be surprised to see most of the UK above that soon.

Even hospital admissions is a useless measure until such time as it only includes people who wouldn't be in hospital if they hadn't caught the virus - which will never happen.

Our best bet of getting back to normally based on the bizarre framework is actually for the virus to start running through our population so that the rates here are the same as the UK.

That is written into the framework as a measure which would see all travel restrictions removed so personally I am hoping for a decent outbreak where they have the balls to just let us get on with it.  Couple of months later all the kids will have natural defenses and us oldies will be vaccinated and people will stop banging on about something that to the vast majority is no more of a risk that loads of other day to day activities.

• Like 1