IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, MarkPark said:

Post viral syndromes are fairly common. Even Mark Cavendish was taken out for a whole season with the hangover from a EBV infection. Long covid is being positioned and built up into something it most likely won’t be - which is a life long debilitating illness. Nevertheless the scaremongers seem to love to push the concept of long covid as it nicely pads this mess out for years in order to suit their general doom view.

Where is your evidence of this?

Not odd examples please but actual case-driven trends...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Where is your evidence of this?

Not odd examples please but actual case-driven trends...

Well I know that you seem to be the self proclaimed expert on everything on this forum despite seldom appearing to provide similar evidence to support your views. But we are clearly in a situation that is unfolding and emerging. I haven’t seen anywhere where it’s been proclaimed so far that ‘long covid’ is a life long debilitating condition. Have you? If so please provide a link to support that narrative.

Like other post viral syndromes (EBV, CFS, ME etc) there is a body of evidence to suggest that any viral infection can cause fatigue and other effects that take time to work their way out of your system. As I said Mark Cavendish has had a lost year competitively purely due to the residual effects of the common Epstein Barr virus. A lot of kids get glandular fever as a result of EBV with similar tail end impacts. Post viral syndrome (or post viral fatigue) happens very frequently as a fallout from many common viral infections. No doubt ‘long covid’ will ultimately be the same. I know that sounds a bit positive but there you go. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MarkPark said:

Well I know that you seem to be the self proclaimed expert on everything on this forum despite seldom appearing to provide similar evidence to support your views. But we are clearly in a situation that is unfolding and emerging. I haven’t seen anywhere where it’s been proclaimed so far that ‘long covid’ is a life long debilitating condition. Have you? If so please provide a link to support that narrative.

Like other post viral syndromes (EBV, CFS, ME etc) there is a body of evidence to suggest that any viral infection can cause fatigue and other effects that take time to work their way out of your system. As I said Mark Cavendish has had a lost year competitively purely due to the residual effects of the common Epstein Barr virus. A lot of kids get glandular fever as a result of EBV with similar tail end impacts. Post viral syndrome (or post viral fatigue) happens very frequently as a fallout from many common viral infections. No doubt ‘long covid’ will ultimately be the same. I know that sounds a bit positive but there you go. 

It does seem that long covid is being viewed as in the same group as ME, both for classification and treatment.  That is possibly why ME is getting such attention at the moment.

PK is unable to debate or discuss anything.  He is right, full stop.   He is one of those people whose belief in their own intellectual capacity far exceeds their actual interpretive and analytical ability, but its a good match for their pomposity and bombast. 

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It does seem that long covid is being viewed as in the same group as ME, both for classification and treatment.  That is possibly why ME is getting such attention at the moment.

PK is unable to debate or discuss anything.  He is right, full stop.   He is one of those people whose belief in their own intellectual capacity far exceeds their actual interpretive and analytical ability, but its a good match for their pomposity and bombast. 

You weren’t to know Gladys, but there’s a certain irony in you supporting Sultan ( in his latest incarnation ) - possibly the biggest troll on here - from the trolling of P.K.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, snowman said:

That's it then. Game over. Isolation and isolation. As an island and as individuals. Isle of man vs the rest of the world. 

No way 30/100,000 will happen for months if not years unless there is a miracle

9 hours ago, snowman said:

easyJet have removed all flights between the island and Liverpool on Tuesday's Wednesday's and Thursday's this summer. Source - easyJet app

No tourism bounce coming 

Well with Howard saying we’re definitely opening borders at end of June and then shortly after saying that’s the plan but we may not what does anyone expect.

They need to look at the rates used & either change to Jersey rate of  50 per  100k or Guernsey regional method so at least it’s unrestricted from lower regions.

Just now, Banker said:

Well with Howard saying we’re definitely opening borders at end of June and then shortly after saying that’s the plan but we may not what does anyone expect.

They need to look at the rates used & either change to Jersey rate of  50 per  100k or Guernsey regional method so at least it’s unrestricted from lower regions.

Vs Ashford telling us to move away from worrying about case numbers as no longer relevant.

Give us a clue and so give your island a chance you pair of muppetd.

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Vs Ashford telling us to move away from worrying about case numbers as no longer relevant.

The UK media are now concentrating on Case numbers because the hospitals are empty and virtually nobody is dying, the vaccine is working. I said this months ago the media want this to carry on as long as possible as it sells papers and gets click, I have no doubts Boris will change his mind on the 21st June opening up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Yes. Absolutely. What a pair of 88obs

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Yes. Plenty of people have booked as well

Hospitality have taken lots of bookings for July onwards & if borders don’t open then they will be devastated & treasury will have to find £millions to support them, steam packet & Logan air