IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

26 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

It appears you can book your test whilst still off Island - which makes a lot more sense. 

Yes , seems quite clear to me , so you can arrange a test on earliest possible time to get out of isolation. Problem will be the short testing hours of 9-12 unless they extend them . Guernsey just test everyone on arrival at ports so no delay.

Edited by Banker

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

No it is too vague.

If I come home on the boat on Saturday can I plan to be in work on Monday?

Maybe. Depends on what time your boat comes in, and how many people were on it, and other stuff that we aren't prepared to commit to.  We might not have even got you a test by then never mind a result.

Joke

No joke.

If you come back to the island on a Saturday you can't plan to be in work the following Monday, or any other day that week actually, because you could test positive.

Dear me, their attempts to diss the IOMG processes are getting ever more desperate....

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

No joke.

If you come back to the island on a Saturday you can't plan to be in work the following Monday, or any other day that week actually, because you could test positive.

Dear me, their attempts to diss the IOMG processes are getting ever more desperate....

Yes you can

Do the maths.  A tiny percentage of people in the UK are currently COVID positive.  The chances as coming back with it are very, very small.

Roughly 0.06 percent of the entire UK population have covid.

The chances of missing time from work on return due to testing positive (given you can take sensible precautions) are minute.

Like really minute

18 minutes ago, P.K. said:

No joke.

You really do seem to think the UK is currently a COVID hell hole?

It is very bizarre 

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Yes you can

Do the maths.  A tiny percentage of people in the UK are currently COVID positive.  The chances as coming back with it are very, very small.

Roughly 0.06 percent of the entire UK population have covid.

The chances of missing time from work on return due to testing positive (given you can take sensible precautions) are minute.

Like really minute

You can't depend on it though.

You can hope it's going to be ok. But you don't actually know it will be.

You claim that only 0.06% of the UK population have covid. But it's just a claim. You can't actually prove it.

But if you can, care to share...?

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You can't depend on it though.

You can hope it's going to be ok. But you don't actually know it will be.

You claim that only 0.06% of the UK population have covid. But it's just a claim. You can't actually prove it.

But if you can, care to share...?

Daily cases for the last 14 days all added together and worked out as a percentage of the population.

It equates to about 50 people on iom at any given time.

To contract it i would have to meet one of them at close quarters for a period of time, without a mask.  Indoors. With poor ventilation apparently.

I am also vaccinated.

Actual risk = nothing of any note = low enough i could depend on it

Edited by trmpton

32 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Daily cases for the last 14 days all added together and worked out as a percentage of the population.

It equates to about 50 people on iom at any given time.u

To contract it i would have to meet one of them at close quarters for a period of time, without a mask.  Indoors. With poor ventilation apparently.

I am also vaccinated.

Actual risk = nothing of any note = low enough i could depend on it

Then you've nothing to worry about.

But I don't understand this - It equates to about 50 people on iom at any given time.

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

Then you've nothing to worry about.

But I don't understand this - It equates to about 50 people on iom at any given time.

If the Uk figures were applied to the Isle of Man it would mean 50 active cases on the island.  50!! Thats nothing.

So in order for someone in the UK coming here to pick up COVID and take it back they would have to come into close contact with one of those 50 people (incredibly small odds, ask a statistician) and then be unlucky enough to catch it from them. Don't forget those 50 people will be isolating and I am aware they may have passed it onto some people wandering around who don't yet know they have it. 

Given lots of pre vaccinated people shared homes and even beds with people with COVID and didn't catch it, surely you can see that an already incredibly unlikely set of circumstances are made even more unlikely in May 2021.

Anyway.  The data Wrighty linked to yesterday has been dumbed down by the daily mail below.  Figures are the same, just bullet pointed.

Vaccines work, and in my opinion we are past the point for any real concern and what the media are doing now with reports of variants etc is pure scaremongering.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9599697/Covid-Map-shows-virus-fizzled-month-people-died-area.html

• Like 1

I know its the daily mail, but in graphic form this shows the current non issue.

WEEKLY hospital admission rates with COVID and Flu, per 100,000.  Obviously there aren't even 100,000 of us here, so it would be currently less than 1 person a WEEK into Nobles if their current infection rates were transposed to here.

OPEN THE BORDERS PROPERLY !!!!

Oh, and the graph is England only.  Make it UK and the figures come down again.

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 06.42.39.png

Edited by trmpton

18 minutes ago, trmpton said:

I know its the daily mail, but in graphic form this shows the current non issue.

WEEKLY hospital admission rates with COVID and Flu, per 100,000.  Obviously there aren't even 100,000 of us here, so it would be currently less than 1 person a WEEK into Nobles if their current infection rates were transposed to here.

What are we hiding from? That's the question. We are so used to fearing the zombie apocalypse we dont seem to be able to adopt any other way if thinking.

I really have serious concerns that the government we have will not be able to adapt or have the courage to deal with what is so obvious. 

Edited by Happier diner

17 minutes ago, trmpton said:

image.png.26cf2d0914103a63b6f7601d153505c9.png