IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Banker said:

A total of 894 in hospital out of 65m population is all you need to know , a number in hospital are people who refused vaccinations.

Not quite true.

In Bolton five are hospitalised who have had their first jab. One has had both jabs.

But yes, absolutely.

As The Daily Mash put it so succinctly:

"Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse found to be Stupidity"

49 minutes ago, P.K. said:

That's how one IOMSPCo crew member managed to infect 1000+ folks with 4 fatalities (Kent variant?

Pre vaccine!

Your figures are way off.  It simply won't spread like that now.

That was the whole point of the vaccine program 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Flyingfemme said:

If they set up in the ferry car park they could get everyone on the way in. No question of working long hours, just different hours.

I've done 3 periods of isolation from between 7 and 14 days, so don't moan about doing just one day!! Had 7 tests at £50 a go, and every time had results the same evening. I'm more than happy at this current system. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Pre vaccine!

Your figures are way off.  It simply won't spread like that now.

That was the whole point of the vaccine program 

The figures are correct.

But you're right. Herd immunity created by vaccines are the way out of this.

Bring it on!

We have had both jabs and next week will reach maximum protection of around 90% I believe. But we're still going to be cautious because we don't want to find out we are in the 10% bracket the hard way...

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The figures are correct.

But you're right. Herd immunity created by vaccines are the way out of this.

Bring it on!

We have had both jabs and next week will reach maximum protection of around 90% I believe. But we're still going to be cautious because we don't want to find out we are in the 10% bracket the hard way...

I am going to assume you aren't a statistician ?

15 minutes ago, winnie said:

I've done 3 periods of isolation from between 7 and 14 days, so don't moan about doing just one day!! Had 7 tests at £50 a go, and every time had results the same evening. I'm more than happy at this current system. 

I guess you don't have a job then. What about those who do and their companies will not let them take 2 weeks off 3 times a year

Its good to hear you are OK with it though. That really helps those that certainly are not

For the record I can isolate as I an retired, but I am not totally selfish

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Just for your reassurance, I believe it 90% effective against infection and something like 97.5% against dying

37 minutes ago, Flyingfemme said:

If they set up in the ferry car park they could get everyone on the way in. No question of working long hours, just different hours.

So the lab are going to come in at midnight to start putting tests on?

The Manannie gets in at 10pm and its 10:30 until you are out the building. Then all queue up for an hour or so while they swab 200 or so people

I think you need to think it through!

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I guess you don't have a job then. What about those who do and their companies will not let them take 2 weeks off 3 times a year

Its good to hear you are OK with it though. That really helps those that certainly are not

For the record I can isolate as I an retired, but I am not totally selfish

Yes, i do work and it was a pita having to isolate but i can work from home for short periods of time. I wasn't happy with the previous rules, but i am happy with the new 1 day of isolation rule.

Wtf are you on about 'I can isolate as I an retired, but I am not totally selfish' - you talk in riddles!!

40 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Just for your reassurance, I believe it 90% effective against infection and something like 97.5% against dying

Better than that:

On 5/10/2021 at 10:51 AM, P.K. said:

Out of 50k+ UK hospitalisations for covid just 1% had been vaccinated with either AZ or Pfizer more than three weeks previously. Of those 113 unfortunately passed away.

So after your first jab the chances of dying from covid are really really low.

Now I'm no statistician but I make that a 99.78% chance against dying.

I recall the article did not mention which type of vaccine the 113 had been given. Which would have been interesting.

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Better than that:

Now I'm no statistician but I make that a 99.78% chance against dying.

I recall the article did not mention which type of vaccine the 113 had been given. Which would have been interesting.

The following was published today.

Screenshot_20210521-104838_Daily Mail Online.jpg

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

So the lab are going to come in at midnight to start putting tests on?

The Manannie gets in at 10pm and its 10:30 until you are out the building. Then all queue up for an hour or so while they swab 200 or so people

I think you need to think it through!

Well they can manage to test at all ports of arrival in Channel Islands, why are we so backward that it can’t be managed here ? At least have testing centre open longer day until 6/7pm

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The following was published today.

I couldn't help noticing a few holes in the data particularly on the AZ side to wit after two doses the only figure they actually had was "Little evidence is available at present and results are inconclusive"

An article on the 113 fatalities +3 weeks after their first vaccination:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56933756