IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

There's a lot there but it's pretty clear that the fault lay entirely with the government from page 13):

I think you assessment is a bit biased. Thats because ultimately it was the SPCos responsibilty to comply with the law. Yes, its reasonable for public health to advise and give clear guidance. However it is clear from the report that SPCo did not implement measures until too late.

However I will have a good read over the weekend.

Guernsey have announced 

There will be no testing or isolation of passengers arriving in Guernsey from the UK and Common Travel Area after 1 July.

So all their hotels etc are busy marketing whilst IOM still stuck in limbo, the continuous last minute announcement is no good for planning 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Guernsey have announced 

There will be no testing or isolation of passengers arriving in Guernsey from the UK and Common Travel Area after 1 July.

So all their hotels etc are busy marketing whilst IOM still stuck in limbo, the continuous last minute announcement is no good for planning 

Possibly a bit previous.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/21/eu-decision-to-add-uk-to-travel-white-list-to-be-delayed-due-to-covid-variant-fears

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think you assessment is a bit biased. Thats because ultimately it was the SPCos responsibilty to comply with the law. Yes, its reasonable for public health to advise and give clear guidance. However it is clear from the report that SPCo did not implement measures until too late.

But the report makes clear that they did comply - they were exempt from self-isolation from the start and that didn't change.   

The report does say that only way in which the staff could be said to have not followed the law was that the government cocked up the initial regulations and so technically the exemptions didn't exist.  So the staff shouldn't have been travelling off Island or should have isolated for 14 days on return.  Which might have made running the boats a bit difficult.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Whats that got to do with Guernsey saying no testing etc for arrivals from common travel area which has nothing to do with European white list?

Don't be deliberately obtuse. It's childish.

The EU see B.1.617.2 as a VOC. Just like the UK do. So as a precaution they're holding back on their decision and waiting to see what develops. Face it, Bozo's track record on "managing" the pandemic is a litany of bad decisions and the worst fatality rate in Europe.

Guernsey are ignoring it to get the bookings in even though it could all end in tears. Their choice (and that of their prospective customers.)

I wish them well.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I really can’t be arsed reading 94 pages of the report.

Is someone culpable? By culpable, I mean through law?

Otherwise, it’s a waste of oxygen or key tapping.

I haven't read it but I'll precis in any case ...... No one person to blame ...... lessons have been learned ..... a situation no parties have seen before..... we are where we are .... nothing to be gained by looking back .... we move on.

Was I close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, asitis said:

I haven't read it but I'll precis in any case ...... No one person to blame ...... lessons have been learned ..... a situation no parties have seen before..... we are where we are .... nothing to be gained by looking back .... we move on.

Was I close.

I’d guessed that ;0)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Don't be deliberately obtuse. It's childish.

The EU see B.1.617.2 as a VOC. Just like the UK do. So as a precaution they're holding back on their decision and waiting to see what develops. Face it, Bozo's track record on "managing" the pandemic is a litany of bad decisions and the worst fatality rate in Europe.

Guernsey are ignoring it to get the bookings in even though it could all end in tears. Their choice (and that of their prospective customers.)

I wish them well.

You quoting a European white list in connection with the common travel area is extremely childish & obtuse in the extreme as not connected in any way !

Edited by Banker